SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bentley Called Up

Ricky

• Replies 709
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After an impressive performance, Taylor backed Bentley to provide the solution to England's problem position on the left side of midfield. Asked whether Bentley could play for the senior team, Taylor said: "He is definitely capable of it. He can use both feet, he has pace, tremendous stamina and very good ability. When he scored his two goals, he was playing on the left of a four-man midfield and making some excellent runs.

Guardian

When I turned the England game on, Bentley had scored his goals, but it was great to hear that he had scored two. He obviously has a lot of talent and Hughes is starting to get the best out of him. His hat-trick against United showed what I good player he could be for us over the years and that it could be another bit of great business from Hughes. But he isn't able to get into the first team and I think that says quite a bit about how strong our team must be at the moment.

Whoooooooooooooosh!

387521[/snapback]

laugh.gif

Bentley has been more efficient and stabile after signing on permanently, he's really impressed me. When coming on against Arsenal, he did well every time he was involved, with a great pass to Bellamy (when Lehmann came out) and also holding up the ball very well by the cornerflag. Could turn out to be a brilliant signing by Hughes, he has all the attributes needed imo - he just needs to use them in the right way.

By the way, does anyone have a link for highlights?

Edited by herbergeehh

Alan Smith writing an excellent profile of Bentley in the Dialy Telegraph.

Interesting to read of him feeling isolated as an Englishman at Arsenal in the youth set-up.

A good thing about Bentley, having just bought him from a Champs League club, press clamour for him to be transferred away from Ewood will be a long time in coming.

I still think the Joe Cole analogy for this lad could hold good. In which case, thank you very much Mr Wenger.

• 7 months later...

Apologies if i have missed the discussion,but, why did Bentley not get called up to the U21 squad that won today over in Germany?Is he injured or did he have a falling out with Taylor or what?Seems he had aquitted himself well in previous U21 matches and no one can deny he's been on a hot streak of sorts.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.