SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bentley Called Up

Ricky

• Replies 709
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It looks like Kieron Dyer is the player keeping Bentley out of the squad at the moment. It doesn't look like Warnock will feature as Carragher is set to start at left back. I don't really agree with that at all, but it will give the Lennon the chance to play further up the pitch as Carragher won't overlap often. Johnson is set to start instead of Crouch as well, which can only be good. This is what is being reported as McClaren's first choice XI:

Robinson

Neville Ferdinand Terry Carragher

Gerrard Hargreaves Lampard Lennon

Rooney Johnson

Apart from Carragher I'd agree with every decision there. Lennon and Gerrard will probably switch on the odd occassion as they have been doing for their clubs recently. I guess, with the games being qualifiers, McClaren wanted experience in the back four, otherwise Barry or Warnock may have got a chance.

How is Carragher not the first choice centre back and first name on the teamsheet???

To be fair all three have been impressive this season and choosing between them is very difficult. If you were going to put Carragher in the team I think you'd have to drop Terry (in my opinion Ferdinand is the better player and his ability to bring the ball forward is something that the side should use more) and you can't really drop your captain.

Carragher has been poor whenever he plays for England. Now he's plying at left back, or at least fighting Phil Neville for that slot. What a dumb c_nt McLoser is, I mean Barry is dropped, and Warnock has as much chance of a place as me. I hope we draw with Andorra.

Carragher has been poor whenever he plays for England. Now he's plying at left back, or at least fighting Phil Neville for that slot. What a dumb c_nt McLoser is, I mean Barry is dropped, and Warnock has as much chance of a place as me. I hope we draw with Andorra.

I don't want to appear unpatriotic but with any luck this time next week we might be looking for a new manager. :tu:

Mind you the soft bgugers at the FA would no doubt appoint Stuart Peirce. :rolleyes:

Nothing unpatriotic about that TND.

McClaren is a fool and, unbelievable I know, a step bakc from SGE!!

McClaren will definitely fail to qualify - it just remains to be seen how long the FA will leave him in charge. Considering that they are STILL paying wages of SGE I don't believe there is much chance of a change in the near future. Unfortunatley!

You only have to look at McClaren's first couple of weeks in charge to make a judgement - any man who appoints Max Clifford to give him media advice and then sack him within a week .............. what a joker.

Bentley is playing well so far. Been pushed out of set piece duty by Kieron Richardson though, and so far every set piece has been rubbish.

Full marks to Bentley for singing the national anthem an' all, while most of his team mates stood silent.

The camera cut to Pierce in the crowd singing away, stirring stuff. Selected to play for your country in a brand new stadium in the capital, and you don't know the words? disgusting.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.