BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn End Drummers ?

ABBEY

Blackburn End Drummers, what do you think.  

294 members have voted

1. 1. Blackburn End Drummers, what do you think.

• They should be allowed to stay
    • They should be made to go
    • Not bothered either way
    • Its all Groobys Fault.. Get into em.

The atmosphere in Jack Walker upper was a hell of a lot better on Sunday, I can only put it down to large numbers of people transferring over from the potting shed to experience some decent facilities!

:tu:

It has to be said the view from the JW Upper is spectacular - I pity the peasants having to watch from the bike shed . Time to replace it with a new single tier stand I reckon .

Back to the drummer(s) - I've noticed that they have featured in the past couple of MOTD highlights . Highly embarrassing , they succeed only in making us look a bit backward . The only reason they have been tolerable is that the atmosphere drowns them out . Time for them to be drowned out completely .....then we can start the "get rid of the horns" campaign :angry:

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"get rid of the horns"

Definately get rid of the plastic horns... they sound so pathetic not like the good old air horns! Someone was blasting one of those in the JW stand every time City had a corner or free kick down that end. Could hear it from where I was sitting in the Riverside.

• 2 weeks later...
Im a season ticket holder in the JW, and i always chant my heart out and try and get everybody going. I dont care if i look stupid because i just want us fans to get behind the team and we cant always rely on the bburn end.

Where abouts in Cumbria are you from, if you dont mind me asking? :tu:

Guest fernhurstblue
It has to be said the view from the JW Upper is spectacular - I pity the peasants having to watch from the bike shed . Time to replace it with a new single tier stand I reckon .

Back to the drummer(s) - I've noticed that they have featured in the past couple of MOTD highlights . Highly embarrassing , they succeed only in making us look a bit backward . The only reason they have been tolerable is that the atmosphere drowns them out . Time for them to be drowned out completely .....then we can start the "get rid of the horns" campaign :angry:

don't be SO pathetic ..... it's only kids that have them, get a life!

Billy (although he doesn't realise it) is slowly destroying the BBE choir (with the backing of the club!).

The timing issue is only part of it (try sitting 2 or 3 blocks from Billy and his kindergarten and judge for yourselves).

Anyone with any doubt should read The Soccer Tribe by Desmond Morris. There are chapters on synchro clapping and chanting all over the world.

The club ground in England that has retained most atmosphere is Anfield (no drums).

When fans are driving the tempo (at Ewood or anywhere else) they can lift the tempo as they or the game dictate(s), just as they did in the 80's and 90's. This is impossible with a drum which invariably beats too slowly, losing the urgency of the crowd and killing the song early.

:brfc:

Billy (although he doesn't realise it) is slowly destroying the BBE choir (with the backing of the club!).

The timing issue is only part of it (try sitting 2 or 3 blocks from Billy and his kindergarten and judge for yourselves).

Anyone with any doubt should read The Soccer Tribe by Desmond Morris. There are chapters on synchro clapping and chanting all over the world.

The club ground in England that has retained most atmosphere is Anfield (no drums).

When fans are driving the tempo (at Ewood or anywhere else) they can lift the tempo as they or the game dictate(s), just as they did in the 80's and 90's. This is impossible with a drum which invariably beats too slowly, losing the urgency of the crowd and killing the song early.

:brfc:

Well surely it would have 'destroyed' it already seeing as the drummer(s) have been there for the last 10 years or so. The atmosphere is the last couple of games at Ewood have been fantastic.

Obviously not everyone is going to like the same things but I think one drummer is sufficient. When the kids jumped on the band wagon it spoilt it i think.

Don't believe everything you read ;) I think it's more a case of 'swings and roundabouts'

Most grounds in the Premier League do not have drummers and more often than not their atmosphere is terrible, Man United being the prime example especially with there being 76,000 on every week. On the other hand Liverpool also don't have drummers but regularly have a good atmosphere. Pompey have drummers and more and their ground is rocking every week, Ewood's been a great place to be for the last couple of games but can be equally as quiet sometimes so I don't think it is as black and white as "if you have a drummer you'll have a poor atmosphere or eventually it will be a poor atmosphere".

Things could be worse, the dingles have decided to employ "Chico" at their next home game :blink: He'e going to get them going with their "anthem"??? "500 mlies" before the game and at half time. :lol: Their fans are not happy, they're telling each other to keep it quiet as it's embarrassing, and other clubs fans might laugh at them if it comes out , NEVER :lol::lol::lol:

Things could be worse, the dingles have decided to employ "Chico" at their next home game blink.gif He'e going to get them going with their "anthem"??? "500 mlies" before the game and at half time. laugh.gif Their fans are not happy, they're telling each other to keep it quiet as it's embarrassing, and other clubs fans might laugh at them if it comes out , NEVER laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

See link:

CLICK!

:lol:

B)-->

QUOTE(Ste B @ Sep 23 2007, 21:46 ) 548786[/snapback]
I'll see your Chico and raise you with Adam Hosker.

Whats next at Ewood, the Cheeky Girls ???

At least Adam Hosker didn't "TRY" to sing, Chico will. :unsure: I'm starting to feel a little sympathetic towards burnley's "proper" footy fans, what with jeff "ah say, sing up jimmy mac, sing up aaargreaves upper, ah say sing up sing up, sing one song get one free Brown, Chico and dancing dogs.I reckon if we weren't such bitter rivals they'd be sneaking down to Ewood for some proper footy atmosphere. ( Japanese artists with ars8 hanging out excepted.) :lol:

• 4 weeks later...

I dont normally venture onto the offish board but i did.....

There are people sticking up for the drummer,one of the drummers the 19 year old thinks he's doing a good job(well after the last home match i would put the frums on the centre spot fill them with petrol and burn them),billy has his 9 year old yes 9 year old (unless I read it wrong ) drumming and they think as stu put it the "jazz drumming" was good...

like I said in the other thread its resulted in me and about 20 people around us retiring from singing because you cant compete with the drums.....call me sad but banging at the goalie and banging instead using his hands for clapping is embarassing to our club and to me the only thing they do is LOOK AT ME ME MUM IM TELLY BANGING ME DRUM AGAIN

Edited by ABBEY

LOOK AT ME ME MUM IM TELLY BANGING ME DRUM AGAIN

Abbey, that's it in a nutshell.

In the original poll I voted to have em carry on but stop trying to put off the keeper (as if that's going to bother any of them, even Lehman) - that's long since changed and they can shove their drums up their asses as far as I'm concerned.

Maybe they can organise it like the hooligans allegedly do - away from the grounds! They can meet up with the Sheff Wednesday band and that Pompey bellend-ringer each week at Derby station, annoy the hell out of each other then get kicked in by the plod. Meanwhile the Blackburn End can get some bloody singing in!

-rant ends-

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.