BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn End Drummers ?

ABBEY

Blackburn End Drummers, what do you think.  

294 members have voted

1. 1. Blackburn End Drummers, what do you think.

• They should be allowed to stay
    • They should be made to go
    • Not bothered either way
    • Its all Groobys Fault.. Get into em.

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What about occasional airhorns/klaxon sounding instead (always used to help get the Blackburn End going when there was a lull in vocal support)?

386378[/snapback]

well it would be easier to insert it where the sun dont shine than those drums.

they are worse trust me on this.

The Drummers would not be needed if the fans sing - the fans dont sing or feel intimidated by Operation Ewood Park and therefore the drummers carry on.

I think someone should take a trumpet in and we could have a band like the shefield wednesday one.

Although whether that would be worse im not sure....

well it would be easier to insert it where the sun dont shine than those drums.

they are worse trust me on this.

The Drummers would not be needed if the fans sing - the fans dont sing or feel intimidated by Operation Ewood Park and therefore the drummers carry on.

I think someone should take a trumpet in and we could have a band like the shefield wednesday one.

Although whether that would be worse im not sure....

386589[/snapback]

flops i aint joking that today the drummers stopped at least 10 songs they really are a pain in the arse....mind you we only sing when were winning apart from a few of us

flops i aint joking that today the drummers stopped at least 10 songs they really are a pain in the arse....mind you we only sing when were winning apart from a few of us

386599[/snapback]

So the answer could be to use the drums to start a chant when all is quiet, then once the singing has got going, stop the drumming. thumbs-up.gif

Yesterday summed it up.

He can't drum in time to people chanting. Plenty of Rovers fans yesterday were trying to get a chant going, drummer joins in and messes it up.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for someone wanting to create an atmosphere at Ewood however the drummer gets it wrong.

Perhaps he might consider drumming at the back, mind you I don't think many would want him drumming there.

TIME TO GOOOOOOO

So the answer could be to use the drums to start a chant when all is quiet, then once the singing has got going, stop the drumming. thumbs-up.gif

386617[/snapback]

Yer, good idea. Use it as a intro for a song to be sung. Yesterday on the TV I heard them start singing No Nay Never, then as soon as the drums kicked in it died.

WHEN THEY AINT DRUMMIN THERE IS NO NOISE AS EVRYONE SEEMS TO WAIT 4 THE DRUMMER TO START A SONG

386716[/snapback]

Where do you sit?

Cos where I am - at the back of NO1, there are a number of us who start songs fairly often ( I was subdued yesterday due to Friday night ) but who the drummer drowns out within seconds.

The drummers got a close up for a few seconds on MOTD last time . Unfortunately I didn't have time to hide behind the sofa ...... blink.gif

386723[/snapback]

hmmmm dry.gif ...would i be correct in my assumption that the BBE drummers are people of the 'special' variety? huh.gif

In the absence of the option 'garotte those responsible' I have voted to have the drums stopped.

John Williams is under the impression that the majority of Rovers fans think the drummer(s) are a good thing. He was a little shocked to hear that I (and every Rovers fan I talk to) thought the opposite. He did say that if there was enough of a negative reaction he would 'review' things though.

Let's make sure he gets the results of this poll and the change comes sooner rather than later.

In the absence of the option 'garotte those responsible' I have voted to have the drums stopped.

John Williams is under the impression that the majority of Rovers fans think the drummer(s) are a good thing. He was a little shocked to hear that I (and every Rovers fan I talk to) thought the opposite. He did say that if there was enough of a negative reaction he would 'review' things though.

Let's make sure he gets the results of this poll and the change comes sooner rather than later.

386834[/snapback]

Who appointed 'drummer boys from hell' without asking the fans their opinions first?

they can always sit in the family stand with all the other children  wink.gif

387024[/snapback]

No, no, no you can keep them in the bottom of the Blackburn End thank you very much.!!! I remember some years ago, for one game only, we had our very own version of the Sheff Wednesday band stood at the back of the family stand! They got on everyones nerves and never come back again!

Edited by cn174

386834[/snapback]

Where the hell did he get that impression

Just adds to my opinion about the none understanding of Roevrs fans he seems to have.

So how far do we have to take it to make it negative - complaints have been going on for the past 2 seasons at least.

If it weren't for the drums, Ewood would be one of the quietest places in the premiership!

386752[/snapback]

Absolute Rubbish! At away games we are far more vocal without these sad bums banging away. On ewood, any decent football song that gets going is usually drowned out by these idiots banging 'get into em'. Take the drums away, decent rovers songs of the past will get going again and ewood may once again become quite a partisan place.

The drums are an embarrassment for our club. I cringed watching him bounce around with his drum on motd on saturday night. Its a footy ground not a playschool.

Time to get 'drummer out' song going round ewood. Be the loudest chant ever heard on ewood.

Take note John Williams

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.