BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn End Drummers ?

ABBEY

Blackburn End Drummers, what do you think.  

294 members have voted

1. 1. Blackburn End Drummers, what do you think.

• They should be allowed to stay
    • They should be made to go
    • Not bothered either way
    • Its all Groobys Fault.. Get into em.

Why not? It would certainly give the drummers some competition tongue.gif

I actually find the drums more annoying when I'm watching a Rovers game on the telly than when I'm at Ewood. There's so much drum-noise that I can't hear if there's an "atmosphere" or not....

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For vocal harmonic quality what about..............

a barbershop quartet.

In acknowledgement of our industrial heritage what about...............

a steam-driven pipe organ

or

the relentless rhythmic clatter of a cotton-weaving loom.

Edited by OnePost

We're complicating matters here..........I will hazard a guess and say the vast majority of Rovers fans just want to sing songs and create their OWN atmosphere without the need for flurkin drums,Klaxons, trumpets or 'owt else!!!

Fair play to the drummers, they have tried their best, but its time for them to move on.

Its as simple as that really.......ARE YOU LISTENING MR WILLIAMS?

can we gat a 142 peice orchestra? tongue.gif

387393[/snapback]

We could get a 7,000 piece orchestra and then the stadium would be full.

And they could pump out the Ride of the Valkeries as MGP, our little viking legend, wheels away after scoring against another top four club!

Edited by joey_big_nose

) would the chanters just concentrate on anti-Burnley chants completely un-supportive to the team

Yes! Exactly!! thumbs-up.gif instead of that bloody annoying "get into `em"

You never know, some of the old songs might come back....

You are my sunshine....

No nay never....

Never felt more like singing the blues....

If i had the wings of an angel....

The east side...the west side....

I was born under the Blackburn End...

wink.gif

I live in hope.....

• 1 year later...

Can we look forward to the pleaure of a drummer free season? Fair enough when Bill started banging his Irish drum in the BBE but the staff who made him and his 'kids' 'official' providing them with new drums should be placed in the stocks.

When can we expect to hear the original BBE in full song again?

:brfc:

Can we look forward to the pleaure of a drummer free season? Fair enough when Bill started banging his Irish drum in the BBE but the staff who made him and his 'kids' 'official' providing them with new drums should be placed in the stocks.

When can we expect to hear the original BBE in full song again?

:brfc:

In short, no.

As an observer/participant in the BBE experience since 1974, I feel it is sometimes easy to overstate what it used to be like. Whilst passion has never been in short supply, the BBE has never been the most extrovert of places.

......and now it is a non extrovert place with the accompaniment of so called drummers whose idea of playing the instrument is simply to bang it as hard as possible .

Would it be asking too much either for these noisy idiots to learn to play the drums properly ....or , preferably , to sod off completely ? They add nothing to the atmosphere and take away everything .

On a related issue ; are the drummers "represented" on the Fans Forum /Brisa ? I can only assume that they must be - given the strength of opinion against their being in the ground among the fans as a whole .

......and now it is a non extrovert place with the accompaniment of so called drummers whose idea of playing the instrument is simply to bang it as hard as possible .

Would it be asking too much either for these noisy idiots to learn to play the drums properly ....or , preferably , to sod off completely ? They add nothing to the atmosphere and take away everything .

On a related issue ; are the drummers "represented" on the Fans Forum /Brisa ? I can only assume that they must be - given the strength of opinion against their being in the ground among the fans as a whole .

I believe they are represented on the Fans Forum and it seems opinion is strong but far from unanimous. To be honest, I'm glad I'm not too near to them myself due to the apparent "just bang it hard" tendency.

What they add and take away is debatable as I seem to recall the BBE being far from a hotbed of outpourings of wit, repartee and massed choir, hence why they were invited to try to drum up atmosphere in the first place. Maybe it's worth experimenting with an unaccompanied BBE for a few games to see whether you are proved correct?

I believe they are represented on the Fans Forum and it seems opinion is strong but far from unanimous. To be honest, I'm glad I'm not too near to them myself due to the apparent "just bang it hard" tendency.

Bill is on the fans forum, and the chairman used to be a Blackburn end drummer. Then again, i'm incredibly against the

They are more than happy to talk about ways to improve the atmosphere, whether or not that involves the drummer. Theres a lot of talk on the internet, but i'm sure if people have genuine ideas to improve atmosphere at Ewood, then we can set something up.

they should be hung drawn and quartered at home to Arsenal then dragged through the streets to Burnley where they can be dumped :rolleyes:

Perhaps a little excessive, especially as we need all the season ticket holder we can get?

i`m all for drummers if they were in tune and accompanied the singers,instead of just whacking the drum as hard as possible just for the sake of making noise.maybe a couple of other instrument players to join them? in all honesty we could do to come up with some new songs as to get the interest of the bbe singers going again??

not sure if there is a thread on here for supporters to come up with ideas,if there isn`t then maybe we should start one.

when i first heard the burnley "yer mums yer dad interbred " song i fell about laughing as it was so funny, but proceded to join in with everybody as it was new.(i still give it the dingles at work the second they even think of dogging me, thus ensuring they know their place :rolleyes: )

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.