BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn End Drummers ?

ABBEY

Blackburn End Drummers, what do you think.  

294 members have voted

1. 1. Blackburn End Drummers, what do you think.

• They should be allowed to stay
    • They should be made to go
    • Not bothered either way
    • Its all Groobys Fault.. Get into em.

It was shortly after we played Sheff. Wed when they brought their band for the first time...

The Sheff Wed lads could actually play ....the drumming was in time and played rhythmically in accompaniment with other instruments.

Our lads are just useless . No musical sense whatsoever , no timing , no nothing ...except mindless noise . No wonder the TV producer switches them off ; I wish I could .....

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can I suggest we have a few more uplifting songs before kick-off and at half-time.

Stuff like Chelsea Dagger by the Fratellis, Lust for Life by Iggy Pop, and One Thousand Miles by the Proclaimers always seem to generate atmosphere (although this is usually killed by that corporate rubbish musak the premier league has imposed on everyone as the teams have to do the stupid handshakes all-round thing).

Oh and the drummer can stay - as long as he isnt allowed to bring his drumsticks. He kills every chant into the same tempo as "get into em!"

• 3 weeks later...
I was in my usual spot in the BBE today and on reflection I dont remember being irritated by the drummers.

Please tell me this isn't a result of me becoming immune. Were they there?

For a change the drummers actually joined in after the rovers fans started singing and didn`t try to drum us to death in between singing! :tu:

Also the atmosphere against arsenal and city have been superb hope it lasts ! :rover:

That was my first time sat in the BBE in my time following Rovers and I have to say that I thought the drummer definitely aided in creating a good atmosphere.

I joined in with all the common footballing songs that were sung but, while I know the important lines of our more traditional songs, I don't know enough to feel comfortable joining in as I might otherwise. I reckon this is probably the case for a fair few who haven't really sat in the BBE before.

Perhaps some kind chap could PM me the full lyrics to No Nay Never, We'll Keep The Blue Flag Flying High and the other more traditional Rovers songs.

Also, I was sat quite close to somebody who had a fair dislike for McCarthy for no real reason it seemed, other than the colour of his skin... That was a shame.

There do seem to be fewer drummers thereby making it easier to keep in time and respond to the crowd rather than drowning them out - this may work! Marked improvement in atmosphere this season so far - whether this is down to one (better) drummer, the quality of football, us in the BBE, a good away following or the positive results, I don't know but long may it continue.

There do seem to be fewer drummers thereby making it easier to keep in time and respond to the crowd rather than drowning them out - this may work! Marked improvement in atmosphere this season so far - whether this is down to one (better) drummer, the quality of football, us in the BBE, a good away following or the positive results, I don't know but long may it continue.

I posted exactly the same on the offish forum yesterday Drummer Boy.

urm i know im going to sound like a geek... but

it takes sound time to travel?? and they sit down the front!! and starting chants at the back but when they hear it they think

....."ooooo bash the drum"

its the wrong time...

at the arsenal game it screwed a few chants up... but its just science??

or their just generally crap ??

what u think about that ??

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.