BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Should Dunny Have Come Home?

Should Dunny have come home?  

378 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have signed Dunn?

• Absolutely no way. The guy simply isn't fit enough for Premiership football
    • It's a big gamble, so probably not.
    • Sitting on the fence here.
    • Yes, even if he can't regain full fitness, the presence of a true roverite will lift everyone around the club.
    • Brilliant signing, he should never have left.

Ive seen the rumour about Dunny returning to Ewood in the summer. I think this would be great for both club and player, esp if we make europe! With Tugay getting on in the midfield we need a central player to create, Dunny could be that man.

The only worry I have is his fittness problems.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, he can sod off. Grass was greener at Brum was it fatty ?

Blackburn Rovers are doing quite well without you, although levers wouldn't mind the business.

386793[/snapback]

At that time, maybe it was. I blame Souness for the transfer, not Dunn. Not much to blame Souness for though, 5,5 million pounds must be one of his better transactions!

As for the question raised, yes I would welcome Dunn, if we can get him on the cheap. I trust Sparky, if he spends 2 million pounds on Dunnie, I would be delighted because it would mean Sparky believes in him. And let's face it, Dunn has got qualities we definitely could use in the centre of the pitch.

Absolutely definitely NOT.

Dunn is a crock and has been for several years now. Its not just the fee you have to consider but wages also. I believe his Birmingham contract is approx 40k per week so he isnt going to accept much of a drop, if any, is he??

2 million pounds a yeasr for a player who will offer little or nothing is VERY bad business for a club with our delicate financial situation. All monies must be spent extremely wisely.

Hughes is no mug and I dont think he would have any interest in Dunny whatsoever.

Not sure how anyone sees Dunn as a replacement for Tugay. Yes, they may be creative players...but they play entirely different positions in midfield. Dunn breaks forward and plays in the final third, Tugay sits back and orchestrates from deep, allowing Savage to go about his 'headless chicken' routine.

A Dunn and Savage combination would not work at all unless Savage sat back for 90 minutes, but that then defeats the point of having him in the team.

However, I think he could do a great job for us in the wide positions (if fit, of course). He's never going to be a natural winger, but if we gave him the kind of freedom Liverpool offer Gerrard when he's played right/left then he could be extremely effective. Certainly more so than Emerton. I'd guess there wouldn't be much of a difference in salaries either...

Edited by LeChuck

Yes.

My number one signing, as I have said before, would be Malbranque. A central midfielder who is too much of a ''wildcard'' to play in the middle, so plays to great effect on the wing.

Who does that remind you of? Dunn.

Only question mark is his fitness. If he proves he is fit enough, then in my opinion, he is more than good enough to be in our team. Better than Reid; Better than Bentley; Better than Emerton.

Pretty stone wall if you ask me.

Ive seen the rumour about Dunny returning to Ewood in the summer.  I think this would be great for both club and player, esp if we make europe!  With Tugay getting on in the midfield we need a central player to create, Dunny could be that man.

The only worry I have is his fittness problems.

386783[/snapback]

Err........."fitness problems" do not equal "great for club". Let's just leave it at that.

i would welcome him back and i dont think his wages will be a problem were only going to get dunn if brmingham go down so his wages wont be a problem becuase if he stays at birmingham his wags will get dropped so its brum in the championship or rovers

i would welcome him back and i dont think his wages will be a problem were only going to get dunn if brmingham go down so his wages wont be a problem becuase if he stays at birmingham his wags will get dropped so its brum in the championship or rovers

386867[/snapback]

ohmy.gif Come again? If he stays at Brum his wages will get dropped so he should come to Rovers where he will be able to continue to draw that same wages, most probably from the treatment table?

In what way is that 'not a problem'?

I personally think Dunn is a super player and if he hadn't had so many problems with injuries he would be an established international, ahead of the likes of Jenas and Carrick and so on in the pecking order.

BUT I will rpeat this from the other thread:

To put things in perspective he has only managed 40 appearances (in all comps, 34 in the league) in two and a half seasons. That is roughly a mere 34%.

THe only person who can really assess whether it is worth the risk is the manager after having the medical report. Sparky's no mug, he knows how popular such a move would be and that it would suit the club in terms of the footballing side.

Hell yes, we should bring Dunn back to Ewood Park. He is a quality player recapturing his past form, with injuries behind him. He's a local lad, a former crowd favourite and a creative enigma. I'd take him back in a flash - even if we had to bid a similar amount as we did with Savage.

It's a real shame that Brum are looking firm favourites to avoid the drop - I'd take Pennant, Heskey and Sutton in a flash too!

EDIT: Phil, even if the Baggies get a win at Brum, I'd still put Brum as firm favourites to avoid the drop. West Brom's next 5 games look very difficult indeed.

Edited by tcj_jones

Whereas Brum's fixtures are easy?

Saturday, 04 March 2006

Middlesbrough v Birmingham, 15:00

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Saturday, 11 March 2006

Birmingham v West Brom, 12:00

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Saturday, 18 March 2006

Birmingham v Tottenham, 17:15

Tuesday, 21 March 2006

FA Cup

Birmingham v Liverpool, 19:45

Sunday, 26 March 2006

Man Utd v Birmingham, 16:00

Saturday, 01 April 2006

Birmingham v Chelsea, 12:45

Saturday, 08 April 2006

Wigan v Birmingham, 15:00

Sunday, 16 April 2006

Aston Villa v Birmingham, 12:00

Wednesday, 19 April 2006

Birmingham v Blackburn, 19:45

Saturday, 22 April 2006

Everton v Birmingham, 15:00

Saturday, 29 April 2006

Birmingham v Newcastle, 15:00

Sunday, 07 May 2006

Bolton v Birmingham, 15:00

Yes.

My number one signing, as I have said before, would be Malbranque. A central midfielder who is too much of a ''wildcard'' to play in the middle, so plays to great effect on the wing.

Who does that remind you of? Dunn.

Only question mark is his fitness. If he proves he is fit enough, then in my opinion, he is more than good enough to be in our team. Better than Reid; Better than Bentley; Better than Emerton.

Pretty stone wall if you ask me.

386863[/snapback]

That is a pretty damn big if, though. Fitness problems aside, Dunn was never a consistent performer for us in the Premiership anyway. Add that to his undoubtedly massive wages, a couple of million quid to get him back and his never-ending battle with injury (ok, let's not put fitness problems aside) and a deal would equate to a massive gamble.

Thats nonsense, he was clearly class but got injured regularly and Souness was not his greatest fan.

Dunn would, if fit, be a great aquisition.

386955[/snapback]

I love how when Dunn played well it was down to his class and when he played badly it was all down to Souness' campaign to ruin his career.

If Dunn were able to stay fit, lose weight and show that he is able to play consistently in the Premiership, then I'm sure Hughes would consider him. Personally I wouldn't want him back, because he is so injury prone and we would never get the full benefit of him. I'd rather look elsewhere and pay a bit more for someone who will be able to make a difference to our team.

Only if it was on a Jansen type deal

386917[/snapback]

Id agree with that, especially with Dunn's record of injuries, will save us much needed wages / funds in the long run perhaps.

Edited by Ronin

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.