BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Should Dunny Have Come Home?

Should Dunny have come home?  

378 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have signed Dunn?

• Absolutely no way. The guy simply isn't fit enough for Premiership football
    • It's a big gamble, so probably not.
    • Sitting on the fence here.
    • Yes, even if he can't regain full fitness, the presence of a true roverite will lift everyone around the club.
    • Brilliant signing, he should never have left.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The reason certain people are so up themselves about the "fat" local boy is that he has made good, and probably doesn't necessarily want to hang around with them, or their type, any more.

Hell, I don't hang around with the people I knew at school either. Mostly they're still doing the things they were and talking about the people they were when I left. I've got different horizons now, so has he (at least I'd hope so)

I've met David on many occasions, and he''s always been very polite, nice and friendly. Never seemed "up himself" at all. Just a successful person.

And technically he's correct- the fans DON'T pay his wages. The pay about 10% of his wages. Sky pays the majority, followed by prize money etc......

Jealousy is a sad, sad thing.

And for the record, I'd see him back on a "pay as you play" deal. However I think you'd find that he'd be playing quite a lot.

Edited by Jan

How so? Did he try to chat your bird up down Accy one night?

No, it must have been in Oswaldtwistle.

How did you get that one wrong. :o

local boy is that he has made good

I've met David on many occasions, and he''s always been very polite, nice and friendly. Never seemed "up himself" at all. Just a successful person.

And for the record, I'd see him back on a "pay as you play" deal. However I think you'd find that he'd be playing quite a lot.

Yeah, Dunnie was quite the man when at Ewood. He has still came down on several occasions since and watched Rovers instead of playing for Brum when they were in a do or die battle at the end of the season. Again like Jan i've met the lad on several occasions and he hasn't changed a bit. The 1st time was when he scored the magnificent solo goal for England U21's and the last time was only 2 months.

He can take a fair amount of stick and will always chat to the fans. In fairness he doesn't hang about with his class-mates but why would he want to? As Jan said they were probably a bunch of bums and under-achievers and he's a multi-millionaire. I would pay to watch him back at Blackburn. A skillful midfielder who had a great work-rate (would do anything for teh team) and linked the midfield with the forwards extremely well. I'm not from Blackburn and its's immediate surrounding towns/villages, but i think it's fantastic on how well he's done in his career to date (not including his injuries)

As Jan said....... i don't even know you 'DMF', but jealously is a dreadful thing. Actually shows how insecure you are of yourself. You need a bit more guidance in life mate.

Just a thought about Dunn.

And this is neither calling him a fat waster nor injury prone.

We all know that:

(a) Souness had seemingly little understanding of fitness training & fitness regimes and that DD was one of the many players with whom he fell out because he (GS) has bugger-all management skills.

(B) Similarly Steve Bruce was recently criticised by (? remind me, the guy who just left Brum) for not having management, training, nor fitness training skills.

(c ) However Mark Hughes is fairly well known for being slap-bang up to date with all the latest science and technology for getting the best out of players both physically & mentally. A number of Rovers players have said that since GS left they have come on leaps & bounds.

(d) he found The Admiral: he made bellamy and Savage half the pillocks they were (at least on the pitch); he's made Stephen Reid a class performer and he's got Mickey Gray into a half decent left back.

So maybe he can get DD in for lipsuction, ice baths & a daily run up Pendle Hill and knock some sense into him and make him a decent player.

DD has the potential to take over from Tugay. On the other hand pigs might fly.

Edited by colin

People say that dunn was injured most of his time at big club, yes its true his body isn't as strong at withstanding injury's as others but we have to remember half of big club was injured at his time there, which points to poor coaching towards fittness and conditioning. So somebody who is injury prone at a club with this attributes is going to be on the injury table most of the season. Now im not saying that if dunn came back to rovers that he wont ever get injured again but its more likely that he wont as the rovers coaching staff have shown themselves to know how to handle fittness and conditioning.

Just a thought about Dunn.

And this is neither calling him a fat waster nor injury prone.

We all know that:

(a) Souness had seemingly little understanding of fitness training & fitness regimes and that DD was one of the many players with whom he fell out because he (GS) has bugger-all management skills.

(B) Similarly Steve Bruce was recently criticised by (? remind me, the guy who just left Brum) for not having management, training, nor fitness training skills.

(c ) However Mark Hughes is fairly well known for being slap-bang up to date with all the latest science and technology for getting the best out of players both physically & mentally. A number of Rovers players have said that since GS left they have come on leaps & bounds.

(d) he found The Admiral: he made bellamy and Savage half the pillocks they were (at least on the pitch); he's made Stephen Reid a class performer and he's got Mickey Gray into a half decent left back.

So maybe he can get DD in for lipsuction, ice baths & a daily run up Pendle Hill and knock some sense into him and make him a decent player.

DD has the potential to take over from Tugay. On the other hand pigs might fly.

Great stuff Colin! I agree with most of that. The only difference being that I would rate Mickey as a 4/5 useful left-back. ;)

Edited by Fife Rover

I met him at Villa park for the youth semi final or final a few years back. This was after he had moved to Brum, a nice lad who spent time talking to the rovers fans (and the villa ones) and even let some of the kids have a look over his, then, new ferrari.

Beattie was the same when me and Pringle met him in a service station a couple of seasons ago (although he wouldnt let us play in his lambo :()

The reason certain people are so up themselves about the "fat" local boy is that he has made good, and probably doesn't necessarily want to hang around with them, or their type, any more.

Hell, I don't hang around with the people I knew at school either. Mostly they're still doing the things they were and talking about the people they were when I left. I've got different horizons now, so has he (at least I'd hope so)

And technically he's correct- the fans DON'T pay his wages. The pay about 10% of his wages. Sky pays the majority, followed by prize money etc......

Couldnt be more further from the mark if you tried Jan. You also obviously miss the point of if 20,000 never went he'd be playing for Harwood right now (or Burnley). Jealous? nah. I just dont worship the ground the arrogant pillock walks on like some.

Good on your here Souey for shipping him out.

p.s. Will you be following your hero Lucas to his new club?

No, it must have been in Oswaldtwistle.

How did you get that one wrong. :o

Yeah, Dunnie was quite the man when at Ewood. He has still came down on several occasions since and watched Rovers instead of playing for Brum when they were in a do or die battle at the end of the season. Again like Jan i've met the lad on several occasions and he hasn't changed a bit. The 1st time was when he scored the magnificent solo goal for England U21's and the last time was only 2 months.

He can take a fair amount of stick and will always chat to the fans. In fairness he doesn't hang about with his class-mates but why would he want to? As Jan said they were probably a bunch of bums and under-achievers and he's a multi-millionaire. I would pay to watch him back at Blackburn. A skillful midfielder who had a great work-rate (would do anything for teh team) and linked the midfield with the forwards extremely well. I'm not from Blackburn and its's immediate surrounding towns/villages, but i think it's fantastic on how well he's done in his career to date (not including his injuries)

As Jan said....... i don't even know you 'DMF', but jealously is a dreadful thing. Actually shows how insecure you are of yourself. You need a bit more guidance in life mate.

Cos Oswaldtwistle and Accy are so far apart arent they?... wrong anyway. I had a run in with him personally and hes one hell of a blinkered arrogant idiot, and his mates are pretty much the same. Doesnt hang with his mates does he not, knows what the hell you know.

I know a few people who know him who thinks hes the same, a few girls who hes tried it on with the 'do you know who i am' speech (and no not my g/f etc).

You cant comment on anyone you've not spoken to or seen the real side.

hes one hell of a blinkered arrogant idiot

To be fair, you're more or less describing 75% of all Premiership players. I couldn't give a toss what he's like off the pitch. The only question is weather Hughes can sort his fitness out. If he thinks he can then I'll welcome him back.

Edited by Kei

Couldnt be more further from the mark if you tried Jan. You also obviously miss the point of if 20,000 never went he'd be playing for Harwood right now (or Burnley). Jealous? nah. I just dont worship the ground the arrogant pillock walks on like some.

Good on your here Souey for shipping him out.

p.s. Will you be following your hero Lucas to his new club?

Cos Oswaldtwistle and Accy are so far apart arent they?... wrong anyway. I had a run in with him personally and hes one hell of a blinkered arrogant idiot, and his mates are pretty much the same. Doesnt hang with his mates does he not, knows what the hell you know.

I know a few people who know him who thinks hes the same, a few girls who hes tried it on with the 'do you know who i am' speech (and no not my g/f etc).

You cant comment on anyone you've not spoken to or seen the real side.

So you dont like him?! Little less time in the sun seems a good idea for you, think happy thoughts

Not wanting to drag this into a discussion about David Dunn but I met him last year at a 5-a-side tournament in which my nephew was playing. He couldn't be further from arrogant. He stopped all day which he didn't have to, he posed for photos and chatted with everyone whilst watching the games. He made my nephew's day too by giving him a few kind words of praise.

Burnley fan when younger

A lot of us did stupid things when we were young. If he could be kept fit I would not mind seeing back

i remember him in blackburn town centre a few years back pinching a disabled spot nr yates in his porche...id have clamped in there and then.

But Abster, most of the time he is disabled.

(d) he made bellamy and Savage half the pillocks they were

Brilliantly put that is Colin

David Dunn has the ' the big i am ' attitude when he's out.

Like many other footballers I would imagine, but WTF has that got to do with his ability to play football.

I would welcome him back.

I would love to see dunn in the blue and white again. he only has a year left on his contract so shouldn't cost a lot.

I suggest we approach birmingham about a loan deal in order to get him off their wage bill. when january comes we can make an assesment about his fitness and offer him a suitable contract.

******Googlism for: david dunn

david dunn is tackled by aston

david dunn is tackled by holland's

david dunn is tackled by aston villa's mark delaney

david dunn is tackled by holland's remco van der schaaf

david dunn is at once an ecologist

david dunn is an impressive young midfielder that has risen through the ranks to achieve a first team

david dunn is apparently one of the three

david dunn is a study in a man trying to figuring out what his role is in our society

david dunn is having a hard time knowing who he is

david dunn is at a train station late

david dunn is walking the equivalent of a marathon every day

david dunn is not in the all

david dunn is relishing his first senior cap

david dunn is in line for an england call

david dunn is ready to grab his chance if given his england debut on saturday

david dunn is the sole survivor

david dunn is not the type of character who will go out and freeze

david dunn is set for an england call

david dunn is a very dark character

david dunn is not the easiest character to reinforce musically

david dunn is a super hero

david dunn is not only one of him

david dunn is on course for his first england cap e

david dunn is in line for england call bbc sport online chief football writer phil

david dunn is put through his paces on thursday morning

david dunn is a priority target for

david dunn is hopeful injuries to a trio of midfielders will mean he wins a first full england cap in saturday's friendly against

david dunn is proud of the similarities he will share with david beckham at ewood park this evening but he would far rather have something he considers more

david dunn is a listless security guard returning by train to his home in philadelphia

david dunn is presently non

david dunn is aiming to emulate the achievements of aston villa's darius vassell by turning on the style for sven goran eriksson in sunday's

david dunn is another player who can change a game on his own with one piece of skill

david dunn is not some square

david dunn is a locost enthusiast with a difference

david dunn is the sole

david dunn is a world class winger and i think the reds should make an attempt to lure him away from ewood park

david dunn is a product of blackburn rovers youth academy and is one of the first names on graeme souness's team sheet

david dunn is unhappy

david dunn is nothing short of remarkable in its

david dunn is contacted by the other lead character in the movie

david dunn is ready to grab his chance if sven

david dunn is one of the rising stars of english football

david dunn is hopeful injuries to a trio of midfielders will mean he wins a first full

david dunn is the reluctant leader of the film

david dunn is about to roll up his sleeves and go head to head with the most complete midfielder in

david dunn is hopeful injuries to a trio of midfielders will mean he wins a

david dunn is a partner in the firm

david dunn is expressly set forth by the structure and cosmology of the comic book universe

david dunn is niet geïnteresseerd in een heldenbestaan

david dunn is unbreakable

david dunn is on the faculty of the college of santa fe and is the president and program director of the art and science laboratory

david dunn is

david dunn is vice president

david dunn is likely to be out for six weeks after sustaining an injury in the premiership opener against derby at pride park

david dunn is a man who is living a life that does not make him happy

david dunn is scouting the countryside for a charismatic girl to

david dunn is portrayed as an apathetic character

david dunn is een heel gewone man

david dunn is a character uncomfortable with his own life

david dunn is chairman of the board of iomega corporation

[/b]david dunn is a security guard at temple university[/b]

david dunn is returning from a job interview in ny when a pretty girl

david dunn is similar in many was to john mcclane

david dunn is a security guard at a college football stadium in philadelphia

david dunn is a security guard who is the only survivor of a train crash

david dunn is a

david dunn is slated to attend with two of his children

david dunn is the sole survivor of a horrific train crash he meets a mysterious stranger who believes comic book heroes walk the earth

david dunn is that man

david dunn is the sole survivor of a particularly horrific accident

david dunn is seemingly unable to be hurt

david dunn is far from an ordinary joe

david dunn is the only survivor of a terrible train crash

david dunn is called into the england squad for the friendly against portugal at

david dunn is an average guy with family and career problems like anybody else

david dunn is a most human hero

david dunn is a research associate at the department of aeronautics

david dunn is a business consultant in the albany office of the georgia small business development center

david dunn is a business consult

david dunn is a security worker

david dunn is nobody's hero

david dunn is fit after hobbling out of the england under 21 game on tuesday

david dunn is a security guard who travels to another city to find some new career

david dunn is aware of the contradictions involved in his use of technology to record environments that are rapidly being destroyed by technology

david dunn is that

david dunn is approached by a dark figure who holds the secret to

david dunn is the unscathed sole survivor of a train wreck

david dunn is the sole survivor of a catastrophic train crash

david dunn is expected to be in the england squad to face portugal

******Googlism for: david dunn

david dunn is tackled by aston

david dunn is tackled by holland's

david dunn is tackled by aston villa's mark delaney

david dunn is tackled by holland's remco van der schaaf

etc...........

Mate, you need to get a hobby or something, far too much time on your hands at the weekends :D

That's stupid logic. How do you think Sky gets the money to pay his wages? How do you think the Prem gets prize money? If there were no fans, they would have no subscription/advertising/sponsorship money to give out. It's not like Sky and the FA are charitable organizations who just give the money away...

Without wanting to look back over the past 5 pages - has all this talk of Dunn come from a genuine rumour or are people just talking about it (again) ? Cheers

From what people have said that he's arrogant when he's out - evry time i've seen him he's always been ok. He is always going to get stick off people cos he's prob got about a grnad in his pocket and a porsche parked up outside - fair play though -I think we'd all do the same in his position.

That's stupid logic. How do you think Sky gets the money to pay his wages? How do you think the Prem gets prize money? If there were no fans, they would have no subscription/advertising/sponsorship money to give out. It's not like Sky and the FA are charitable organizations who just give the money away...

And where do the fans get their money?

That "money trail" goes in a pretty big circle....

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.