BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Should Dunny Have Come Home?

Should Dunny have come home?  

378 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have signed Dunn?

• Absolutely no way. The guy simply isn't fit enough for Premiership football
    • It's a big gamble, so probably not.
    • Sitting on the fence here.
    • Yes, even if he can't regain full fitness, the presence of a true roverite will lift everyone around the club.
    • Brilliant signing, he should never have left.

I've always been a big David Dunn fan, there were times when he was one of the few players who gave us hope of a brighter future. I'd love to see him play for Rovers again BUT we have to be realistic, since he left has there been any reason to miss him? Frankly no, he's not made any headlines with Big Club. I'm with Tris, if Dunny wants to come home he has to prove himself on the pitch and the club should not make his life comfortable by offering anything other than a pay-as-you-play deal. I'd be very wary of Hughes making this signing, it's about on par with Jeffers - a big risk.

I agree that it is a risk to sign him that could end up being a complete waste of a transfer fee and wages, or turn out to be an inspired signing - like Jeffers he certainly at one time had the talent to be a star. He may well still have it. At £2m it was a big gamble, but probably worth it providing the wages reflect the fact that he has had a lot of injury problems.

To be honest £2m would have been a great deal for Birmingham too as he is in the last year of his contract. I think if it had been any other club than Rovers, Birmingham would have snapped their hand off for £2m, but their dislike towards us (presumably over Savage) means they will not want to deal with us unless they feel they are getting well over the odds!

The bid could also merely have been a statement of intent - an indication to Dunn that he is wanted back at Ewood, in the hope that they can do either a cut price deal or pre-contact agreement in January.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a bit undecided on this one, a part of me says yes it would be good the lad does have some talent, another part of me says let's leave the past in the past.

Is there any confirmation that Sparky was interested or is it just rumour, somehow I don't see Huges wanting to move backwards. A clean break from the past is what I think he wants. Could Dunny even handle Sparky's training regimen?

He had some brilliant moments for sure.

I'm a bit undecided aswell, but as I've probably said earlier (when this thread originally came up): I'm delighted if Sparky signs him, and if he doesn't I wouldn't mind either. I could put "Sparky" in bold text, to underline my faith in his actions - if he thinks Dunn could be up for it, nothing would please me more.

If Dunn ever comes back to Rovers it should be under the following conditions :

(1) Only on a free

(2) With a zero signing on fee

(3) On a pay-as-you-play deal for the first 6 months, with the carrot of a 12 month incentive-based contract if he knuckles down and performs in those first 6 months.

That's the only way we'll find out how much he really wants to feature at the top level for this football club. Let's face it - he's meant to be a fan like the rest of us. And the rest of us would play for nowt if we could.

Totally agree, paying £2m for Dunn would be throwing good money away for nothing.

Didn't we read somewhere that MH had made a £2mil bid for him on the transfer dead line that was turned down? If that is true, it seems MH is interested in him and is perhaps acknowledging midfield as an area to strengthen. If we were to sign him, I presume it would be on the basis that we could improve his performance and turn him into a more valuable player, not necessarily with the intention of selling him.

I think a healthy Dunn has what we are lacking in the midfield - aggressiveness going forward.

I still think 5 million for him was a great piece of business.

Isnt Reid and Savage aggressive enough for you?

Its the role of Tugay were missing...and he is not getting younger....creativity is word!

That article sounds like a 'Come back and get me this time' plea from Dunn. If I was a Birmingham fan I wouldn't be too happy after all the time he has spent on the couch while being paid by them. Then again, if I was a Birmingham fan I'd never deserve to be happy! :)

Dunn - "I am a Blackburn fan, everyone knows that, and I think in the future maybe I would fancy it.

"The biggest thing for me is that I'm a bit of a home bird. I'm down here all week on my own, I would like to be back up near my family at some point, certainly near my little girl.

"If you put anyone in that position, I think they would understand. It wouldn't be a financial thing, it wouldn't be a football thing, it would be purely and simply to be near my family and daughter.

"Not that I wanted to go when they came in. I wasn't trying to make it happen and I do want to stress I'm totally focused here at Birmingham.

"The transfer didn't come off, so I'm not really too worried about it.

NO! Of course you aren't David... ;)

"I would be lying if I said I didn't find it flattering, but it's over, past."

Translation into its basic meaning - "I want to play for Rovers!" :P

lucas neill (world cup hero) is worth 2 million by liverpool.

david dunn (injury jinxed two season wonder) valued 2 million by big club.

both in last year and not much difference in age. you decide! :)

Kuqi, 2.5 Mill, never can tell can you.

Does anyone have any reports on how Dunny is doing in the Dingle Division. Is he playing regularly? is he playing well?

Edited by USABlue

I'm here to stay - DavidSep 11 2006

As reported in the Birmingham Mail:

DAVID Dunn has admitted that Blackburn Rovers' attempt to sign him did arouse his interest, for family reasons.

EDIT. Look above at Mohelger's post and you will see the link. Please don't cut and paste an entire article - link to it instead.

Thanks.

Edited by den

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.