BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Should Dunny Have Come Home?

Should Dunny have come home?  

378 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have signed Dunn?

• Absolutely no way. The guy simply isn't fit enough for Premiership football
    • It's a big gamble, so probably not.
    • Sitting on the fence here.
    • Yes, even if he can't regain full fitness, the presence of a true roverite will lift everyone around the club.
    • Brilliant signing, he should never have left.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fife Rover........

1) From his past with Rovers and being on the verge of the full England team the answer must be yes.

2) Only he really knows.

3) I believe a return to his home town club will motivate and encourage him...he never really wanted to move.

I would personally be tempted to take the gamble on him at 1 Million ....god knows we made a good profit with his sale to Birmingham.I would hazard a guess that the reaction to his possible return to Ewood would be very positive from the fans and may even tempt a few back into the fold.

SG194: The 3 questions I posed have to be asked and answered by the appropriate people on 1st Jan 2007.

Only at that time are the answers relevant. And neither you nor I nor any of us on this site are the appropriate people.

Not surprised to be honest. I think Sparky is looking for a more complete midfielder (ala Reid), not necessarily just a creative one. I would say most of his signing illustrates just that preference.

We desperatly need more "box to box" players. Right now, the two strikers are more often than not isolated up front so that when MGP actually does gets past his man and swings it in there, it's all empty. Likewise with Bentley, but he tends to have MGP to aim at too.

Now that Tugay is suspended for one game it would indeed be good to have Dunny back

Why? He plays a completely different role to Tugay. I don't think Dunn would sit in front of the back four.

We desperatly need more "box to box" players.

If you're on about central players then I'd disagree strongly. When Savage and Reid are both fit, they will be competing for that role...adding another player to it would ultimately mean someone getting upset at the lack of games. An alternative to Tugay is what we desperately need, Mokoena just isn't good enough, and I fear Tugay will burn out long before the season is over if he continues playing the same rate of games he is at the moment.

We desperatly need more "box to box" players. Right now, the two strikers are more often than not isolated up front so that when MGP actually does gets past his man and swings it in there, it's all empty. Likewise with Bentley, but he tends to have MGP to aim at too.

I have to agree with you Shevchenko, i think we should be looking for a young central attacking midfielder who can go up there with Gamst and Bentley and feed the front 2. Tugay and Savage can fight over the holding central defensive position whilst the new guy can fight over the attacking position with Reid...

Savage doesn't hold anything though, he's running all over the place. That's his strenght (strange as it might seem) and it effectively ruins every chance of him being a holding midfielder like Tugay - I think. If I'm not mistaken, the combo of Reid / Savage hasn't always worked out that good - because his slowness aside, Tugay does a lot of work just by being in the right defensive position.

That being said, I won't totally exclude the idea of a Savage / att.mid. player combo, because he has all the defensive qualities to handle a role like that. Problem is, he will lose a lot of his game if he's to hold back on his running, and his passing will probably never be more than decent.

i had the pleasure of having a pee next mr dunn in liquid on saturday ,he muttered something but i was as ###### as he was hahaha but he didnt look like a pie boy he loked like a george a lean mean grilling machine

heck abbey, Im surprised you didnt deck a bloke for muttering something to you at the urinal, especially if his name was george :blink:

i had the pleasure of having a pee next mr dunn in liquid on saturday ,he muttered something but i was as ###### as he was hahaha but he didnt look like a pie boy he loked like a george a lean mean grilling machine

Beer Goggles Abbs :D

IPB Image

• 2 weeks later...

I'm really excited about the prospect of Dunn coming home. It's for a low sum and he will be on low wages. If it comes off, he will be a revelation and could provide the flair we need. If it doesn't come of, then we waste a bit of money and get our hopes up a bit.

This could be a great coup, it could not. But we have little to lose. I'm excited :)

i think im abit behind on this story...i heard some talk about dunny comin home....is this all said and done now or what??

i for one would be happy to see him back....its was a shame how it all came about that he left in the first place.

if he wants it (football that is)....and he keeps his head on.......well, weve all seen what the lad can do!!!

Edited by elwaxo

i think im abit behind on this story...i heard some talk about dunny comin home....is this all said and done now or what??

i for one would be happy to see him back....its was a shame how it all came about that he left in the first place.

if he wants it (football that is)....and he keeps his head on.......well, weve all seen what the lad can do!!!

Make that "could do" and I will then agree with you.

Providing this a pay as you play - coupled with low transfer fee. It could end up being another pice of transfer magic by Hughes.

Though it isn't enough of a reason to sign a player - it is great that he supports the club and wants to play for us. For me that makes a difference - am I the only one that was pleased to hear Matty Derbyshire saying how it was a dream come true to play for the club he supports. Having home grown players in the team - helps build a bond with the Blackburn public - and you never know might actually add a few to the gate.

helps build a bond with the Blackburn public - and you never know might actually add a few to the gate.

Since the likes of Jansen,Duff,Dunn and even Tiny left the club the attendence has dropped, so maybe with Dunn back and the likes of Derbyshire,Nolan and other youths getting first team action is good for bigger crowds.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.