BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Should Dunny Have Come Home?

Should Dunny have come home?  

378 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have signed Dunn?

• Absolutely no way. The guy simply isn't fit enough for Premiership football
    • It's a big gamble, so probably not.
    • Sitting on the fence here.
    • Yes, even if he can't regain full fitness, the presence of a true roverite will lift everyone around the club.
    • Brilliant signing, he should never have left.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tiny!?! :o ....... What the hell's Taylor doing in that list? :lol:

That made me laugh too :D He wanst really pulling the crowds in. I remember being at Ewood one year and he was warming up and down the line. A kid of about 7 shouted 'TINY' at the top of his voice and held out a programme for him to sign. Tiny stood there looked at the kid, laughed and carried on - I havent liked him since then

I'm really excited about the prospect of Dunn coming home. It's for a low sum and he will be on low wages. If it comes off, he will be a revelation and could provide the flair we need. If it doesn't come of, then we waste a bit of money and get our hopes up a bit.

This could be a great coup, it could not. But we have little to lose. I'm excited :)

Until it's official I wouldn't get too excited.

How many games did he manage for Birmingham in the 3 or 4 seasons he was there?

That made me laugh too :D He wanst really pulling the crowds in. I remember being at Ewood one year and he was warming up and down the line. A kid of about 7 shouted 'TINY' at the top of his voice and held out a programme for him to sign. Tiny stood there looked at the kid, laughed and carried on - I havent liked him since then

I've got to admit that a 7 year old all 3ft tall calling him Tiny does carry some humour.

Edited by thenodrog

Tiny, was never big-headed or arrogant in that style.

He was an absolute gentleman off the pitch (and probably on it as well, due to his soft nature). He was a decent enough player and arguably one of his best games was the 5-2 victory over Newcastle and lest we forget his memorable performance at right-back during the Worthington Cup Final.

Anyhow, would love to see Dunnie back and who can forget the last game of the season when he was out injured and came down to Ewood to watch Rovers vs City instead of being at Birmingham. Quality stuff. As someone said it could also improve our attendances.

Why the hell was this kid asking for Taylor's autograph?! He was, and remains, pants.

On SSN, Dunny's saying it's up to Brum if they sell him in Jan. He said he's got 5 months left on his contract and that everyone knows he's a Blackburn fan, - always has been and always will.

I just saw that interview - he looked liked he had been hitting the beer a bit the night before.

Although I used to like Dunny, but I cant see him being anymore than a squad player.

In my opinion it is a backward step for the club.

On SSN, Dunny's saying it's up to Brum if they sell him in Jan. He said he's got 5 months left on his contract and that everyone knows he's a Blackburn fan, - always has been and always will.

i seen the interview onn ssn and i think wouldn't be surprised if the deal was already in place.

he loves blackburn, he can eat 1 more mince pie than father xmas but to be fair i thought dunny looked in good shape from the pictures.

If we signed both Beattie and Dunn, then I would be absolutely ecstatic. Beattie is exactly the kind of striker we need and Dunn will add depth and creative flair to the midfield; both being in short supply at the moment.

If we got these two, I wouldn't even be too bothered if we finished in a disapointing position in the league, because I know that once we have our players back from injury and ready for next season, then we one again could well have a team capable of finishing in the top 6.

Well at the moment we have Savage and Tugay trying to hold the fort. I am sure that any extra bodies in the central midfield area are well recieved and i doubt the rovers medical staff would allow Hughes to complete the deal unless Dunn completes and passes a full medical.

I just think the Dunn transfer is very clever for the following reasons:

Getting him cheap & pay per pay - so unlikely to lose out financially

No doubting his ability - any Birmingham fan will tell you he is the best midfielder in the Championship when he has played

Can play anywhere in midfield

Could attract some fans back for home matches

Can create something out of nothing - useful when games are tight.

Good option off the bench if no starting place for him

Only negative is his injuries but that is something we are obviously aware of.

Don't understand why many posters view the Dunn transfer as a complete waste of time and money but at the time the Jeffers signing was viewed as a potential masterstroke, cheap, low wages, low risk - pay as you play, big upside etc.

At his best Dunn is one of the top few midfielders in the Country, but as with Bellamy for a period it wouldn't matter if it was Pele, they're no good if they're injured all the time.

On balance though for the price I think Dunn would be a good signing with better chance of success than Jeffers. Jeffers has shown little over the last five years to indicate he still has "it" when fit whereas Dunn by all accounts has been very impressive on the occasions he has played.

Edited by RevidgeBlue

Don't understand why many posters view the Dunn transfer as a complete waste of time and money but at the time the Jeffers signing was viewed as a potential masterstroke, cheap, low wages, low risk - pay as you play, big upside etc.

At his best Dunn is one of the top few midfielders in the Country, but as with Bellamy for a period it wouldn't matter if it was Pele, they're no good if they're injured all the time.

On balance though for the price I think Dunn would be a good signing with better chance of success than Jeffers. Jeffers has shown little over the last five years to indicate he still has "it" when fit whereas Dunn by all accounts has been very impressive on the occasions he has played.

I reckon Jeffers will come good, the players in trainning say he has been on fire, it will be intresting to see what Hughes does when he is back fit, to see if he drops Nonda or not

I think the Dunn deal has already been done the way he was talking last night on SSN, i just hope he stays of them mince pies

I reckon Jeffers will come good, the players in trainning say he has been on fire, it will be intresting to see what Hughes does when he is back fit, to see if he drops Nonda or not

I think the Dunn deal has already been done the way he was talking last night on SSN, i just hope he stays of them mince pies

I hope it is sorted, just so the press stop going on about it !! It's all they've done since sourness packed his bags, as for the mince pies, we'll see eh!

My views on David Dun over the years have been well documented, not had a decent run of games since our promotion season etc etc. But you can't help but think, that hopefully Dunny will realise just exactly what he lost when moving to Birmingham and will not want that to happen again.

From what people are saying, coupled with the fact he's that few years older, maybe just maybe he can be the player he promised to be all those years ago.

An added bonus is that we've again stuck one up big club and that fills me with glee :D

Good luck Dunny, no pressure........ :ph34r:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.