BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Should Dunny Have Come Home?

Should Dunny have come home?  

378 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have signed Dunn?

• Absolutely no way. The guy simply isn't fit enough for Premiership football
    • It's a big gamble, so probably not.
    • Sitting on the fence here.
    • Yes, even if he can't regain full fitness, the presence of a true roverite will lift everyone around the club.
    • Brilliant signing, he should never have left.

I'm all for us signing Dunn.

1) If he's ever going to recapture the form he showed when he was younger its with Rovers

2) It really isn't a "big risk" at the price and the wages he'll have to accept

3) Local Lad - he WILL add people to the gate

4) We're very short of cover in Midfield

5) He WANTS to play for Rovers. This isn't about Money like 99.9% of the players we could go for.

6) He's got the ability to change a game - very few of our players have this

7) We can't afford to buy the best anymore - so taking a chance on someone who's lost his way is all we can do

8) Hughes knows what he's doing - and if he gets him as fit as the rest of the lads and he gets a bit of luck with injuries - we'll be laughing at Brum again! :lol:

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rumours are that Blackburn are going to tempt Everton with a bid of £2.5m for James Beattie...

...watch this space for the expected return of Kevin Davies, Nathan Blake and Noel Brotherston!!!

I only wish Noel could return, we miss him dearly. God rest his soul.

He has been seen out clubbing it in Blackburn 3 times in the last week. Obviously the training is going well!

Well that answers my previous question as to has he learn't anything from his isolation in deepest Brum!

Quite obviously not!

Conclusion has to be: Don't touch him with a barge pole!

Well that answers my previous question as to has he learn't anything from his isolation in deepest Brum!

Quite obviously not!

Conclusion has to be: Don't touch him with a barge pole!

Come on the guy has only had 2 posts, he could be Sammy Winward's dad! The best arbitrator of lifestyle decsions at the moment is Hughes and his scouts.

I'm all for accepting arguments about his performance on the pitch and his massive injury problems but I don't think the fact a poster has said, without proof, Dunn has been pissing it up in blackburn 3 nights in a week is really evidence suitable for appraisal.

Perrenial query in my mind about DD. Why would a fabulously wealthy prem footballer been seen dead out at night in Blackburn? It's chock full of low life numpties.

.......... or is there a clue there?

you can tak ethe boy out of Blackburn but you cant take the Blackburn out of the boy :brfc:

there lies your answer TND :brfc:

Come on the guy has only had 2 posts, he could be Sammy Winward's dad! The best arbitrator of lifestyle decsions at the moment is Hughes and his scouts.

I'm all for accepting arguments about his performance on the pitch and his massive injury problems but I don't think the fact a poster has said, without proof, Dunn has been pissing it up in blackburn 3 nights in a week is really evidence suitable for appraisal.

Fair comment Joey - I hold my hand up. I do have this tendency to believe everything I read and to take things at face value. Some call it naivety; I prefer to think it is because I don't set out to deceive people myself and still have this belief from my earlier years that is how things really are. I don't think I can change to being cynical at my age.

P.S. Who is Sammy Winward?

Edited by Fife Rover

Fair comment Joey - I hold my hand up. I do have this tendency to believe everything I read and to take things at face value. Some call it naivety; I prefer to think it is because I don't set out to deceive people myself and still have this belief from my earlier years that is how things really are. I don't think I can change to being cynical at my age.

I'm not a cynic myself either, far from it, I always believe it is neccessary to approach all the situations and problems in your life in a positive manner. But on the messageboard it is hard to seperate fact from fiction as there is little accountability so I try to shy away from making decisions (as utterly inconcequential as they are beyond my own opinion) upon that basis.

Anyhow I think your one of the best posters on the board here anyway. A bit of measure and sanity in the malestrom of self righteousness and provacativity that seems to be the order of the day from time to time.

Someone said in this thread that Birmingham and Rovers had entered into an agreement that he wouldnt play.....

DAVID DUNN STATEMENT

dunnFurther to comments attributed to Steve Bruce in this morning's newspapers regarding the fitness of David Dunn, Birmingham City and the Blues boss would like to clarify the situation regarding the midfielder.

David Dunn is fit and has been so for a couple of weeks.

However following the player's recent comments indicating that he would consider a move back to the North West to be closer to his daughter and his family, the club admits that this could potentially be an attractive option for all concerned parties if the situation arose.

I guess Bruce has had a rollicking off his Chairman for his " we just can't get the boy fit" comment. Not really the best ploy when you are trying to sell someone is it.

It does look like pretty much a dunn deal....... I'll get my coat!

P.S. Who is Sammy Winward?

David Dunn's old girldfriend and, i think, they were engaged for a while.

Interesting to see that the rumour that Dunn has been fit but Brum are not playing him is true! I have to eat some humble pie. Apologies to whomever I lambasted for such a situation being ridiculous!

It looks already sorted tbh, but the 2 million fee being bandied about has to be way out. I simply can't see how it could be more than a million.

David Dunn's old girldfriend and, i think, they were engaged for a while.

Interesting to see that the rumour that Dunn has been fit but Brum are not playing him is true! I have to eat some humble pie. Apologies to whomever I lambasted for such a situation being ridiculous!

It looks already sorted tbh, but the 2 million fee being bandied about has to be way out. I simply can't see how it could be more than a million.

Agreed! If we get Dunn for anything over 1 million and let Haestad go to Wigan on loan, im seriously gonna be p*ssed! :o

I was all for Dunn coming back. I still am, but definately not for 2 million.

Bruce already shot himself (and his club) in the foot, with his idiotic statement. I suspect that Dunn will be back, but maybe not until the end of the window. I can see us (knowing Dunn wants to come back) making them wait a bit and putting them in a position to accept a relatively low fee in mid/late January.

There is no chance in hell they get 2 million. They have zero leverage. If they are that stupid, we can wait 6 months for him. Reid is coming back, and it will probably take him just as long to get match fit as it would Dunn.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.