BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Should Dunny Have Come Home?

Should Dunny have come home?  

378 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have signed Dunn?

• Absolutely no way. The guy simply isn't fit enough for Premiership football
    • It's a big gamble, so probably not.
    • Sitting on the fence here.
    • Yes, even if he can't regain full fitness, the presence of a true roverite will lift everyone around the club.
    • Brilliant signing, he should never have left.

There is no chance in hell they get 2 million. They have zero leverage. If they are that stupid, we can wait 6 months for him. Reid is coming back, and it will probably take him just as long to get match fit as it would Dunn.

Dunn is match fit now and could theoretically feature on the second of january against Wigan if he is signed.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was all for Dunn coming back. I still am, but definately not for 2 million.

Out of contract in summer. Very dodgy on the injury front! U21 honours.

Compare that valuation with what we can expect to get for Lucas Neill who is similarly out of contract but is hardle ever injured and a full and regular international player. If we can get 4m for Lucas (yeah right) then Brum can have 2m for Fat Boy Slim.

Whoops, of course I meant the first of january. And Haestad will be eligable to play for Wigan too I think.

Players can't be registered before the 1st Jan due to the transfer window. Also, I think players have to be signed the day before the round of fxtures to make them eligible for those fixtures - meaning players signed on Jan 1st can't play until the next round of games.

Haestad's first eligible game for Wigan will be in the 3rd round of the cup, according to the Beeb.

£750k must be the absolute maximum we can set aside for Dunn. Any more than that would be bad news.

I've read (maybe here?) that Brum has an option on Dunn's contract for next season, so he technically doesn't have only 6 months left if the exercise it.

That being said, anything over 750k is still too much.

I've read (maybe here?) that Brum has an option on Dunn's contract for next season, so he technically doesn't have only 6 months left if the exercise it.

That being said, anything over 750k is still too much.

I can remember Steve Bruce saying something like; "Birmingham City has an option to extend Dunn's contract with 2 (or 3?) more seasons, but at very high wages". It sounds like he'd get an increase in his wages, and with him already being one of their top-earners - it doesn't seem very likely...

Fitness is a big question mark and I wouldnt even pay 750k when his contract runs out in the summer. I think 500k would be fair and if we hit 7 figures then I will just feel sorry why we havent been pushing the bank slightly elsewhere till now.

Everybody mentions fitness but imo there is still a large question mark over Dunny's temperament and attitude. I have no prob with his ability though.

To say he is a young English midfielder who can score goals and play in a number of positions, why are us and Man City (if you read News of the World) the only clubs to be linked with him??????

Joey Bartons a target for a few clubs apparently and he's valued at 5m so if that comes off Pearce will have a bob or two to spend I guess.

Joey Bartons a target for a few clubs apparently and he's valued at 5m so if that comes off Pearce will have a bob or two to spend I guess.

But isnt his child. Who he wants to be closer to in Blackburn?

Yes i know Manchester is closer to Blackburn then Brum but i still think he'd choose Blackburn if we had a bid accepted. Preferably under 1 million :tu:

Steve Bruce said it himself on Friday night, he is a quality act but he has just never been fit for a decent amount of time.

That must be the reason....

Absolutely right John. My problem with re-signing Dunn is with his ability to get and STAY fit. With his attitude and lifestyle (unless it changes fundementally and drastically) he will ALWAYS be unfit in the sense of overweight and hence injury-prone. To say nothing of the strong probability of premature ageing (opposite to Tugay) effect.

Edited by Fife Rover

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.