BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Should Dunny Have Come Home?

Should Dunny have come home?  

378 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have signed Dunn?

• Absolutely no way. The guy simply isn't fit enough for Premiership football
    • It's a big gamble, so probably not.
    • Sitting on the fence here.
    • Yes, even if he can't regain full fitness, the presence of a true roverite will lift everyone around the club.
    • Brilliant signing, he should never have left.

Maybe the best thing is to use the old undisclosed fee trick and let Bruce claim they got a good deal. Bruce didn't help his sales pitch by pointing out how difficult it had been to get Dunn fit.

Still, there has to be a little sympathy for the St.Andrews planks, feels a little like the Ferguson saga but at least Dunny hasn't whined as much as the little 'Gers ex-captain.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Savage is the ball winner and spoiler of opposition play. and boy does he do it well. Tugay is the play maker, enough said. Even given his age he will still play more games per season than Dunn.

David Dunn will never be in the same class as Tugs as long as he has a hole in his (Large) backside. Re-signing Dunn shows a total lack of ambition in my opinion.

The more and more this goes on... The more time we loose when we could be persuing someone who isnt questionable and the more Steve Bruce pushes the price up... the more i agree with Ianrally's comment of us showing a lack of ambition...

If we resign Dunn then it should be on a pay as you play basis and we shouldnt pay anymore that 500k's-750k's.

I would also like to add that even if we resign Dunn, we should be looking for another midfielder should Dunn's fitness be an issue! :tu:

Why cant we just pay 500k for him however, on this basis Steve Bruce can go round telling the world that we paid 5m for him and he dosnt look like so much of a gimp

This could push his price up a bit - click

If City want him they are welcome to him; let them take the risk and prove/ disprove his fitness and present ability to play a WORTHWHILE role in the EPL.

If City want him they are welcome to him; let them take the risk and prove/ disprove his fitness and present ability to play a WORTHWHILE role in the EPL.

Where else are we going to find a potentially (if he stays fit) top class midfielder 27 years of age, with the ability to step into Tugay's shoes when he retires for as little as 1m?

If you want someone of the same quality with an unblemished injury record, fine, but we'd have to be prepared to spend 5m upwards to land him imo.

Where else are we going to find a potentially (if he stays fit) top class midfielder 27 years of age, with the ability to step into Tugay's shoes when he retires for as little as 1m?

If you want someone of the same quality with an unblemished injury record, fine, but we'd have to be prepared to spend 5m upwards to land him imo.

David Bentley.

LET Reporting that B.C want 2 mill for him

Posturing by Bruce and nothing else. He's blown a bundle on Dunne and he knows it. Don't forget that he is pushing hard for promotion and will have other player(s) lined up if he can find the money so that will be why his opening gambit is so excessive. It means nowt.

Get him back if he can maintain his fitness(i no its a big ask)he could be the next tugay.hes a rovers legend and a local lad and i think the risk will pay of if we get him. :tu:

legend??

go on then define his legend status.

im not going to answer that.

you have a think about it in:

IN THE LAND WHERE THE RAIDERS SUCK AND AL DAVIS SWALLOWS

:lol::lol: :ph34r:

Seriously, why is he a 'legend'? Are you confusing the word 'legend' with 'very good local boy'?

I would class him as a bit of legend, but different people have different ways in which people get legendary status in their eyes.

On a purely footballing status, no

but in my view there's a few reasons why for me he is:

-Playing for Rovers, being part of beating Burnley 0-2 and 5-0

-Smashing a goal past Pete Schmichael

-Still going out round blackburn with his mates, rather than buggering off to cheshire

-Dating a glamour model!

-Being down to earth still and have time to talk to fans

-Doing our half time draw even when Brum were playing at the same time

For these reasons I think he's a legend

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.