BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Should Dunny Have Come Home?

Should Dunny have come home?  

378 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have signed Dunn?

• Absolutely no way. The guy simply isn't fit enough for Premiership football
    • It's a big gamble, so probably not.
    • Sitting on the fence here.
    • Yes, even if he can't regain full fitness, the presence of a true roverite will lift everyone around the club.
    • Brilliant signing, he should never have left.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh Dunny :(

I will be totally devestated if he ends up signing for Bolton. Can only hope it doesn't come true.

He might have signed for them as a result of us turning him down on the medical. Or the wages could be significantly higher than the pay as you play deal we might have offered. It's hard to say.

Also while the fee has been agreed it has not mentioned personal terms so Dunny might delay to see if Rovers match the bid. It will be interesting.

Are you going to change your name back, if he re-signs? :)

You sir have an excellent memory. Probably wouldn't change back despite my current name being ridiculous, Dunn was England quality player when he left, now I am not so sure.

According to the report in the link it's just about a Dunn deal. Bruce must be happy he's not coming to us. Where were we on the deal anyway, nothing real concrete came out of the club regarding any interest on our part.

It seems Mr Dunn only loves Rovers as long as it doesn't cost him too much.

It would appear the Great Harwood wonder is to sign for Bolton for £1 million.

I don't think we should sell Matty Derbyshire for that just yet.

The deal is apparently 1 million now, and a further 1 million after 20 appearences... So its in fact 2 million...

The question is, would you pay 2 million pounds for the fella? I wouldnt... :rolleyes:

Half a season, if he can stay fit for half a season perhaps, that would mean he has "recovered".

I wouldn't be at all surprised if this move came off. BFS clearly believes he has a knack of getting the best out of unfit/unwanted players, and he raved about Dunn when we were competing for automatic promotion back in 2000/2001.

An interesting comparison would be between Dunn and Kevin Nolan, who both started off their careers at the same time. I rated Dunn much higher than Nolan, but I know who I'd rather have around now.

Clearly we won't pay what big club are asking. Dunn himself has told people on this site he wants to come back, but Hughes obviously doesn't think he's worth the money.

Onwards and upwards.

Eh? So if he cannot pass a medical why tf would you want him to come here then modes? I'm bloody baffled. :blink:

As i have said before i would on want him on a pay as you play deal, as there is no way you can rely on him to be injury free. But my never forgive him comment wasn't for him not coming to us but for going to them.

and it doesn't take alot to baffle you theno ;)

If the deal is £2m then you have to question BFS, but Brum have got the figure they wanted.

The deal is apparently 1 million now, and a further 1 million after 20 appearences... So its in fact 2 million...

The question is, would you pay 2 million pounds for the fella? I wouldnt... :rolleyes:

Big Sam must see this as a bargain - £2m for 20 appearances - it cost Birmingham £8m for 20 appearances :lol:

Personally, I'm surprised we haven't gone in for him. I understand the concerns about his fitness etc etc, but you would class Dunn as a creative midfielder and IMO that is exactly what we need to bring in, we are far far too reliant on Tugay and, given his age etc that worries me a great deal for the second half of the season. It's OK Hughes pointing to the players that are set to return, but firstly how long is going to take them to get back to anything like their previous self, and secondly we do not have a creative midfielder due back, and that is what we bloody well need. Come on Hughesy!

Think we should give it a go.

Steve Sidwell

Out of Contract at the end of the season and i think he will get alot of interest, so unless rovers come up with the cash, you could see him going to one of the new investment teams. Maybe joining Lucas at West Ham.

edit: BBC have updated their Dunn story to

Bolton boss Sam Allardyce has revealed only a medical problem is likely to halt David Dunn's cut-price £1m move from Birmingham to The Reebok.
Edited by modes98

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.