BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Should Dunny Have Come Home?

Should Dunny have come home?  

378 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have signed Dunn?

• Absolutely no way. The guy simply isn't fit enough for Premiership football
    • It's a big gamble, so probably not.
    • Sitting on the fence here.
    • Yes, even if he can't regain full fitness, the presence of a true roverite will lift everyone around the club.
    • Brilliant signing, he should never have left.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We should make a attempt for dunn. Its a gamble but if it pays of it would be excellent dont think sparky will make a move for him tough but it would be a good move in my opinion. Think dunn is holding on for rovers aswel since he has spoke to big sam paased the medical the fee has been agreed but yet he hasnt signed. We should atleast make him an offer to come here on a free in the summer.

I'd like Dunn back but dont want to see us taking a big financial risk on the situation.

However, if Dunny really has his heart set on Ewood as much as a lot of people think, and Rovers have made it clear to him that they want him, why doesnt he wait until summer and come for free. Can he not sign a pre-contract contract now with us or whatever they're called?

Why make a move that he might regret, that deep down he doesnt want for the sake of 5 months. I know a footballers career is short and after his injuries he wants to play as much as he can, but IMO somethings is amiss here.

It would just be horrible if he got back to form with Bolton.

He can make goals out of nothing and those players usually cost a lot of money.

Of course he has to be fit to do so.

Edited by John

How big a risk is £1M considering the windfall the club will receive next season?

Not very big, which is why sometihng is strange here. I get the feeling Rovers don't want him anymore. Maybe he did fail a medical. Maybe we have someone else lined up.

Edited by Hasta

Why throw away 1 million? They probably thought the chances that he would amazingly turn around 3 years of injuries are so slim that why bother spending 1 million on him. Not to mention the fact that getting up to 20 appearances during your contract doesn't take much, so even in an injury hit spell he is likely to get up to that number.

I'd like Dunn back but dont want to see us taking a big financial risk on the situation.

However, if Dunny really has his heart set on Ewood as much as a lot of people think, and Rovers have made it clear to him that they want him, why doesnt he wait until summer and come for free. Can he not sign a pre-contract contract now with us or whatever they're called?

Why make a move that he might regret, that deep down he doesnt want for the sake of 5 months. I know a footballers career is short and after his injuries he wants to play as much as he can, but IMO somethings is amiss here.

To be fair from his position he knows he might have another injury before the summer or that Hughes could leave or whatever and he would be high and dry. It's his decision, remember we got rid of him once, if he doesn't want to come here I don't mind. Such is life.

From a completely objective point of view he would be a decent signing for the nature of the fee that Bolton are offering to pay and would be quality cover fro the whole midfield. But if we don't get him thats fine, hardly any sort of disaster

One thing we do know is that MH is no fool. Knowing full well that Dunny was keen to return here apparently before any other club sparky and his team will have evaluated the situation in depth, Dunny's physical state, his mental one and his domestic one will all have been under the microscope..... And they have decided not to bother. They were proven correct to right off the likes of Stead, Jansen and Amoruso so their decision will do me fine.

I don't wish him the best at Bolton. I hope he remains fat and injured and is a waste of money for one of our big rivals.

That's most unlike you Eddie, I didn't think you could be so hateful.

However I do agree with you.

I've a feeling that Hughes see's that our circumstances/need for Dunn has changed since the end of the last window. Who would have thought in August that Tugay would have played as many games as he has done so far and been so influential? Add to that Bentley's performances in centre mid when he's been called upon & the iminent return of Reid he doesnt seem as much as a priority as some might think. Yes another body in CM to pick from would be good but there's no point in wasting £1m-£2m on somebody who might actually only be able to play in 5-10 games between now and the end of the season.

I have always placed faith in the management team - at the end of the day they see the players in training, know their strengths & weaknesses & know who/what is needed to take the team forward.

It just said on RockFM news that Mark Hughes is in talks with Birmingham in an attempt to hijack the deal. No quotes or sources or anything, it was just on the news roundup.

According to a friend of a friend, and I'm not sure how reliable this is, We wouldn't pay Dunny's personal demands. As I said- not sure how reliable, but thought I'd say it anyway.

Edited by Jan

It just said on RockFM news that Mark Hughes is in talks with Birmingham in an attempt to hijack the deal. No quotes or sources or anything, it was just on the news roundup.

Unfortunately, if that is correct, we're in a much weaker bargaining position than previously now Reidy looks to be out for the season.

Just spoke to the girl who reported that on rock fm and she got it from keith macklin who got it from back page of LET.

Anybody seen telegraph yet??

The LET is reporting today that we are in talks with Birmingham to try and hijack the Bolton bid.

I assume that is where Rock FM have picked it up from - it's not on the LET site as yet. It does say:

'However, Rovers have not made an offer deemed acceptable by the Blues as yet, so unless they up the ante over the weekend they are likely to miss out on the 27 year old......Rovers have tried to structure some kind of appearance related deal , but Birmingham are demanding more up front and so far only Bolton are prepared to meet those demands.'

Edited by StroppyMoppy

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.