BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Should Dunny Have Come Home?

Should Dunny have come home?  

378 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have signed Dunn?

• Absolutely no way. The guy simply isn't fit enough for Premiership football
    • It's a big gamble, so probably not.
    • Sitting on the fence here.
    • Yes, even if he can't regain full fitness, the presence of a true roverite will lift everyone around the club.
    • Brilliant signing, he should never have left.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now Reidy is injured, we may just give them what they want i reckon, though £1m + £1m add-ons is quite steep

Agreed. Not sure that replacing a injured player, with a player who is always injured is the best way to go either...

I think we still need to sign 2 central midfielders... Surely there are better ways to spend 2 million... :tu:

On the plus side it'll be a couple of seasons before we pay them the extra million.

Agreed but it depends how many apps he has to make for Big club to get the other million, if he had to make 20 apps either starting or as sub , you would be looking at his 20th app being somtime next Sept/ Oct depending on how match fit he is when hi joins and if he stays injury free.

you would be looking at his 20th app being somtime next Sept/ Oct depending on how match fit he is when hi joins and if he stays injury free.

2008 or 2009? :D

From what i have heard he is injury free at this moment in time but obviously having not played he won't be near match fitness. He has been warming up by going round the blackburn pub circuit.

From what i have heard he is injury free at this moment in time but obviously having not played he won't be near match fitness. He has been warming up by going round the blackburn pub circuit.

...going down bolton road, to playfor the Blackburn aces...

100% coorrect...well liquid for sure

The LET have just posted a piece saying Rovers are moving to get Dunn. With the very sad news about Stephen Reid, this has become a very pressing issue.

If Dunny wants to come to Ewood, Rovers are in a very strong position to get him as Brum have now shown how much they want to sell. Bolton could actually prove to be an effective trojan horse for Hughes but as I said, a lot depends on Dunn forcing the issue of where he is transferred to. Chances are if Rovers sign Dunn, it will be on better terms than the Bolton deal.

Dunn passed his medical at Bolton by the way.

Will Dunn ever have the stamina to be a central midfielder.

We sometimes had to put him on the right or left wing because he would never track back and lacked the energy to play box to box.

When he has been fit for Brum he was also put on the right wing because he had the same problems.

Edited by John

The LET have just posted a piece saying Rovers are moving to get Dunn.

Yesterdays news I think, but it does seem to be a rather drawn out transfer which indicates Dunn may have more irons in the fire. Does anyone know if he was at the breezeblock yesterday?

1million with another million if he completes a certain number of games is good business in my book.

I think he's done pretty well over the past few games. He isn't a great player, but he does the job he's asked to do and doesn't make too many mistakes. He's not a Tugay, but then neither is Dunn. I just don't see the point in signing a player who will simply not be able to hold down a place in the first team. He isn't good enough to play out wide for us and I can't see him knocking either Tugay or Savage out of the side, especially when you consider the number of injuries he picks up.

I think he's done pretty well over the past few games. He isn't a great player, but he does the job he's asked to do and doesn't make too many mistakes. He's not a Tugay, but then neither is Dunn. I just don't see the point in signing a player who will simply not be able to hold down a place in the first team. He isn't good enough to play out wide for us and I can't see him knocking either Tugay or Savage out of the side, especially when you consider the number of injuries he picks up.

And isn't that exacly what we did with the Axe?

Dunn might not feature in every match, but to be honest, for one reason or another of all the midfielders we have (when fit) I think the same goes for Toogs, Axe, Reid, or Bentley. Only two who are seemingly untouchable are MGP and Savage.

Dunn passed his medical at Bolton by the way.

Last night Bolton fans were saying he had failed his medical at theirs.

Not to sure if this was after they heard we were back in for the lad, and trying to save a bit of face if he was to finish up with us.

I disagree strongly.

Doesn't make many mistakes? The guy is a bag of nerves. He's constantly giving the ball away, underhitting passes and not looking around to get into decent positions. He can tackle and he's supposed to be a real athlete, but I'm afraid there are plenty of Championship players that fit into this category.

There is no evidence either to suggest that Dunn has been anything other than unlucky with his injuries in the past few years. I don't remember him being sidelined all too often when he was with us the first time round, and perhaps he isn't 'injury-prone' as people suggest. Anyway, players do have medicals BEFORE they sign you know?

We were all saying in the summer that Tugay couldn't hack a full season in the Prem. Proved a few people wrong didn't he? Who's to say Dunn won't do the same?

At the end of the day, if Hughes thinks David Dunn is good enough to play for Blackburn Rovers then that's good enough for me. Bolton are doing well and they want him too.

I disagree strongly.

I don't remember him being sidelined all too often when he was with us the first time round, and perhaps he isn't 'injury-prone' as people suggest.

The main reason that Dunn left, was a fall out between him and Souey about whether Dunns' lifestyle and lack of committment in training, was at the bottom of his injuries.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.