BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Should Dunny Have Come Home?

Should Dunny have come home?  

378 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have signed Dunn?

• Absolutely no way. The guy simply isn't fit enough for Premiership football
    • It's a big gamble, so probably not.
    • Sitting on the fence here.
    • Yes, even if he can't regain full fitness, the presence of a true roverite will lift everyone around the club.
    • Brilliant signing, he should never have left.

According to this morning's Lancashire Telegraph, Rovers will today make a third and final bid for Dunn.

Yep, just to repeat what I put on the transfer rumour thread the LT "understands" that Bolton have agreed to pay an initial 750k up front for Dunn with a further 250 k due in August if Birmingham achieve promotion back to the Premiership. (Eh?)

They have also agreed to pay a further 1m once he makes 50 Premiership appearances for them.

Rovers will have to match these terms to get permission to speak to Dunn.

The criteria for the payment of the 250 k can't be right can it? however I suspect the overall figures are right.

It seems from Rovers point of view the situation couldn't be simpler, it's a case of put up or shut up. There's absolutely no point fannying around with another bid lower than the one Bolton have put in.

--------------------

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Surely you realise that that would weaken his hand negotiating his personal terms with us. Besides I don't think Dunn is in much of a position to threaten Brum after they have stuck by him through 3 seasons of injuries. They'd probably let him rot in the reserves until the summer.

Maybe SAS but if 'big fan local boy' is stalling over personal terms he can fcukrightoff! <_<

Given we havnt had an offer accepted yet, personal terms havnt been offered to him, or rather, shouldnt have been...

Edited by stuwilky

And you've seen all the contracts to make that call have you? We had sell on clauses for Duff and Beattie so no reason to suspect that Dunn would be different.

Whilst I'm sure Dunny would prefer to play for Rovers, he is not that bright and is as mercenary as the rest of them. His agent will be doing all the dealings for him and his sole objesctive will be to drive Dunn's value up.

If we get him, it's because we have paid top dollar for him, end of story.

Let us not forget though that we are only talking about £1m. If he signs and is a total failure, chances are we would still get £500k from some other mug prepared to give him a go. He has international honours and is a recognised talent, that just needs to perform more regularly.

Haven't Sheff U just paid £3m for John Stead? You can't tell me that relative to that, Dunn is a gamble at £1m.

Yet again you 2 need to pay some lipservice to the shenniggins over Dion Dublin and Ferguson. All Dunn needs to do is reject BWFC, if there are no other options for Brum then we are in the driving seat.

Finally, some one sees it. Dunny needs to reject Bolton's courtings soon. That gives Brum time to consider a recduced offer from us before the window closes.

Finally, some one sees it. Dunny needs to reject Bolton's courtings soon. That gives Brum time to consider a recduced offer from us before the window closes.

Surely if Dunny was going to reject Bolton he wouldn't be going through the medical procedure. Big Sam is not one to be fooled around. Thats it Dunny will be a w***y wanderer now.

I know there is a split on here - with some people wanting him back and some hating the idea. I personally was all for the idea. If he does go to Bolton - then how does it make us look? We come out one day saying we would be interested in bringing a Blackburn fan to Blackburn - and he goes to Bolton. Even if never actually had the choice to rejoin us - Bolton fans are still going to say he turned down his home-town club for them. :angry:

I know there is a split on here - with some people wanting him back and some hating the idea. I personally was all for the idea. If he does go to Bolton - then how does it make us look? We come out one day saying we would be interested in bringing a Blackburn fan to Blackburn - and he goes to Bolton. Even if never actually had the choice to rejoin us - Bolton fans are still going to say he turned down his home-town club for them. :angry:

The can say what the hell they like at the start but they will be the ones cursing their luck at a player that always injured.

Dig this up at the end of the season when he has done something and rub it in my face - for Dunny I hope I am wrong but I cant see it

Looks like we've left it too late according Bernard Cribbins himself.

http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/0,1..._1847481,00.htm

However, if Dunny really wants to come back to Rovers and aware of our interest then sureley he'll stall on the personal terms?

I think that if Rovers were serious about bringing him back we should have got our arses in gear more quickly. Normally MH and JW have been fantastic on the transfer front but may have been a little slow in this case - maybe they didn't want Dunny that badly.

On a personal note, I think we should have took the gamble if the basis of the deal was 750K upront, 500K in August and £1m after 50 appearances. Although you can question his attitude and fitness there is no doubting his ability. We really need some flair injected in to midfield and with the way things are looking the only incomming transfer will be Warnock, I'd rather have Dunny than nothing.

Why has it suddenly become the norm to pay upwards of £1.5m for a player with only 6 months of a contract left. People were talking about getting only £1m for Neill in the summer with a year left on his contract now some want to spend a possible £2.2m on Dunn!

Say what you will about BIG CLUB, but they have done remarkably well to extract the amount of money they have from Heskey, Pennant and Dunn. Are there any others I have forgotten about?

Annoyingly they seem to be developing a decent squad that I reckon will be able to keep them up next season. :(

The can say what the hell they like at the start but they will be the ones cursing their luck at a player that always injured.

Dig this up at the end of the season when he has done something and rub it in my face - for Dunny I hope I am wrong but I cant see it

Seconded - couldn't have put it better myself.

And kudos for good taste in music. Rock n roll brother.. B)B)

To be fair to Dunny that is asking for him to play with his career. He will want to get things sorted. The longer he waits the more chance there is that he could get injured or interest wane in him and he has to stay on in uncertain circumstances at birmingham.

I can easily understand the attraction in taking the Bolton offer, in his situation I would seriously consider it. They are looking like outside bets for the CL this season.

The concern of being left adrift at Brum will weigh heavily on his mind. That said it really does seem like Bruce is forcing him toward Bolton. THe reason for this can only be either a) to get one over Hughes, B) Provoke Rovers into exceeding the Bolton bid.

Say what you will about BIG CLUB, but they have done remarkably well to extract the amount of money they have from Heskey, Pennant and Dunn. Are there any others I have forgotten about?

Savage. We paid at least £3m for a want-away player over 30 years old who had been dropped to the reserves. Not that I don't think we should have paid it, but it is a very good amount of money for somebody in that situation.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.