BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Should Dunny Have Come Home?

Should Dunny have come home?  

378 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have signed Dunn?

• Absolutely no way. The guy simply isn't fit enough for Premiership football
    • It's a big gamble, so probably not.
    • Sitting on the fence here.
    • Yes, even if he can't regain full fitness, the presence of a true roverite will lift everyone around the club.
    • Brilliant signing, he should never have left.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally, some one sees it. Dunny needs to reject Bolton's courtings soon. That gives Brum time to consider a recduced offer from us before the window closes.

This is a lot of money and a great opportunity for Dunn...he would be a fool to turn it down on the off-chance that Rovers will match Birmingham's valuation in the future. This is his life and career and the club you support isn't enough to endanger that.

If Rovers really want him they would match that bid and show they are serious. So far it certainly seems that Bolton want him more...they are willing to pay more (it seems) and they want him now. If Rovers really want him they will match the bid; it may even mean slightly more debt for the club but sometimes in football you have to go out on a limb.

Despite the arguments over his fitness, the purchase price and ALL the other influencing factors and problems, I for one just want Dunn playing for Rovers. It's a case of heart ruling the head. Sad, but there needs to be a little emotion in football somewhere these days. All Rovers fans can see a little bit of themselves in Dunn, local boy makes good and plays for his favourite club and that.

Can't help but feel a little disappointed in us not signing him, but for the wrong reasons!

I for one just want Dunn playing for Rovers. It's a case of heart ruling the head. Sad, but there needs to be a little emotion in football somewhere these days.

'Kin dead right.

And the fact that he is signing for them increases the pain no end.

IF (repeat IF) Rovers are serious about getting Dunn (and he is serious about coming back), BIG CLUB are going to get screwed on the deal.

Bruce has no option but to say what he has to try and up the ante.

The fact that there is no other news leaking out is an encouraging sign for Rovers.

Having written that, watch him sign for Notlob!!

Well let's put it this way, we're struggling to get £2m for Neill - a fully fledged international with 5 years of Premiership service. Yet people here are desparate to splash out £2.2/5m on Dunn - one of the biggest crocks I've ever seen.

Both have 6 months left on their contract, both are of similar age. I for one am glad Hughes is letting his head rule his heart.

What is the point of Williams putting in three bids if they all fall short of Notlobs offer?

Am I missing something here? :blink:

Posturing, not wanting to be seen as not trying. I had the feeling ever since Hughes said " our injured players coming back will be like tree new signings" the we would not spend anything.

Well let's put it this way, we're struggling to get £2m for Neill - a fully fledged international with 5 years of Premiership service. Yet people here are desparate to splash out £2.2/5m on Dunn - one of the biggest crocks I've ever seen.

Both have 6 months left on their contract, both are of similar age. I for one am glad Hughes is letting his head rule his heart.

well put, and good point

Steve Bruce really is a ****.

"I would expect now that the personal terms will be thrashed out. That is not going to take long so I expect he will sign for Bolton.

"I kept reading that Blackburn were going to make a counter bid. We had received nothing from them but they have been in contact in the last hour, but I think it is too late.

"Dunny has already decided he is going down the route of signing for Bolton and in any case Blackburn still haven't met our valuation of the player.

"I would expect now that the personal terms will be thrashed out. That is not going to take long so I expect he will sign for Bolton.

"I kept reading that Blackburn were going to make a counter bid. We had received nothing from them but they have been in contact in the last hour, but I think it is too late.

"Dunny has already decided he is going down the route of signing for Bolton and in any case Blackburn still haven't met our valuation of the player.

Why is that Bruce being a ****? It's simply us wasting everyone's time and effort including our own.

Yet people here are desparate to splash out £2.2/5m on Dunn - one of the biggest crocks I've ever seen.

I for one am glad Hughes is letting his head rule his heart.

Totally agree. Why people are so desperate to sign a guy who has played only a handful of games over the last couple of season, is fat and is constantly injuried is beyond me. We have a crocked player in Steven Reid, so we shouldn't be looking to bring in another player to replace him, who will also be injuried most of the time.

I really can't see Rovers doing some serious bidding for Dunn just because he is local. It just really doesn't make sense in these days of bringing in players from all four corners of the globe.

The fact that he is from Great Harwood and supports Rovers is completely irrelevant.

He's a bit of a crock and far too prone to injury. OK, if MH thinks he can recouperate from 24 starts in nearly 4 years for Big Club then that's fine by me.

Well, actually no. I've just changed my mind. Dunn is injury prone, better get some whippet from Croatia.

At this point in a Dunn thread, somebody from Great Harwood comes on and says they've been down the pub with his grand-dad....

And won at dominos :D

I think the most disappointing thing for me would be if Dunn signs for Bolton when he knows he has the chance of signing for Rovers. All he needs from Rovers is a pre-contract agreement that they will sign him in the summer - and we could call Bruce's bluff up to the end of the transfer window. With then knowing that they either accept Rovers offer or end up with nothing.

Why is that Bruce being a ****? It's simply us wasting everyone's time and effort including our own.

How do you or anybody else outside of 2 offices (one in the Reebok and one in St Andrews) know what Bolton have offered Simon? Surely the only inkling we have is from a senior Birmingham source ....... and how much do you trust that to be kosher? For all we know Sam might only have offered Matt Jansen and a couple of grand in part ex. :rolleyes:

We must not value players on unfounded speculation of what somebody else has offered.

And like I said before if Dunne is such a big Rover then he only has to say no to Notlob. Simple as. Alternatively if he signs for Sam after all he has said then he is just another greedygrabbinglyinggobshite professional footballer.

One things for certain all this is certain to keep him out of one of the two town's nightclubs! :tu:

And won at dominos :D

I think the most disappointing thing for me would be if Dunn signs for Bolton when he knows he has the chance of signing for Rovers. All he needs from Rovers is a pre-contract agreement that they will sign him in the summer - and we could call Bruce's bluff up to the end of the transfer window. With then knowing that they either accept Rovers offer or end up with nothing.

I don't know the ins and outs of this contract extention option that brum and dunn have but it may make the situation more complicated than that.

Edited by Jimmy Jupiter

And like I said before if Dunne is such a big Rover then he only has to say no to Notlob. Simple as.

No he doesn't! It leaves him with the possibility of having to sit out the last 6 months of his contract at Bolton, with no guarantee whatsoever that either we or any other Premiership club will still be interested come the summer.

Incidentally interesting to see you are encouraging such behaviour from Dunn. You were absolutely appalled that Ferguson could possibly indulge in such skullduggery! :P

Incidentally interesting to see you are encouraging such behaviour from Dunn. You were absolutely appalled that Ferguson could possibly indulge in such skullduggery! :P

Quite right Rev but as it says in the good book...... 'Do unto others as you would have them do to you'. I think the moot point here is that DD is now on the last lap of his contract and not the first!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.