BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Should Dunny Have Come Home?

Should Dunny have come home?  

378 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have signed Dunn?

• Absolutely no way. The guy simply isn't fit enough for Premiership football
    • It's a big gamble, so probably not.
    • Sitting on the fence here.
    • Yes, even if he can't regain full fitness, the presence of a true roverite will lift everyone around the club.
    • Brilliant signing, he should never have left.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Independent and Guardian are both carrying the steve Bruce story from yesterday saying Dunn is joining Bolton for £2.2m but adding nothing to what has already been on here.

One thing is for sure- the Bolton intervention will have scuppered any hope of pay for play type deals.

The crunch comes down to what sort of permanent contract BFS and Sparky think Dunn is worth. Whoever comes up with the best answer for Dunn's pocket (give or take a few K for sentiment on the Rovers' side), gets him.

Brum can try to be arseholes about it but it is one thing playing hardball when you don't want to part company (Rovers with Lucas), quite another when you've agreed to sell and the question is who to?

Bruce's comments yesterday look more and more like Rovers are in for Dunn and playing very hard ball.

Agreed PL, however, could all turn out to be faeces + windfarm if Bruce cocks it up, say Dunny wants to come back and knows they are cocking us about, he can't agree personal terms with Bolton and then we get to the night before and it's take something (Anything) from Rovers or get not one penny in January.

If dunny REALLY wants to come back he won't be agreeing terms with Bolton.

Guest Kamy100

Apparently the LET is reporting today morning's edition that Rovers had a bid accepted last night and Dunn will have a medical and contract talks today.

God I dont hope so. Apart from the fact we need a midfielder and Dunn is a Rovers lad there is nothing, nothing, nothing that could argue the sense of paying 2 mills for dunn. Compare that to the 2,5 we got Benni for and you will see how ridiculous the fee for Dunns is!!!

It seems there have been sort of a mass psychosis on this board since Bolton entered the frame. Imean just look at how everyone describes Dunn over the past years on this message board. Nothing suggest that we'd be happy to have him back. Let alone pay 2 mills pound for him.

We are on a tight budget for gods sake. We cant bring in a decent left back for £1mill, but Dunny for 2 is ok? ARGH!

God I dont hope so. Apart from the fact we need a midfielder and Dunn is a Rovers lad there is nothing, nothing, nothing that could argue the sense of paying 2 mills for dunn. Compare that to the 2,5 we got Benni for and you will see how ridiculous the fee for Dunns is!!!

It seems there have been sort of a mass psychosis on this board since Bolton entered the frame. Imean just look at how everyone describes Dunn over the past years on this message board. Nothing suggest that we'd be happy to have him back. Let alone pay 2 mills pound for him.

We are on a tight budget for gods sake. We cant bring in a decent left back for £1mill, but Dunny for 2 is ok? ARGH!

Wasn't the Bolton deal

750 up front

250 if Brum is promoted (wtf?)

1 mill after 50 apps by Dunn.

That is not 2 mill for an unfit player, its at most 1 mill for unfit player. An unfit player won't play 50 games.

No-one on here knows for sure what price we're paying for Dunn. I'd imagine it would be performance based - I don't think BFS will have offered stupid money.

Classic.

Its only an auction when two people are interested. Dunn is a good signing at £1M but a risky signing at £2M. The board obviously want to make it happen but won't pay over the odds. Good Management.

We have to accept if he ends up at Bolton its becuase we have sound football and financial stewardship.

I think this is the kind of risk that clubs in our position have to take. I cant see us forking out 3-4 million for a proven midfielder the way our spending has been taking place over the past year or so, so I see this as a realistic move for us, considering our financial situation and our league standing.

If it works out, then we got a player worth 5 million at least, and if it doesnt then we lost 1 million pounds and I have seen us WASTE much more on much less players.

Didn't know whether to put this hear or in the transfer rumour thread, but there's too many arguments in that thread so I'm posting it here...

"Blackburn Rovers have this morning been given permission to speak to David Dunn by Birmingham City"

I thought we'd already put in 3 bids for him, so how come we've only just now been given permission to speak to him? :huh::unsure:

Personally I'd much prefer him come back here than go to Bolton. That would be a slap in the face.

Edit: Well done Esulx - you type faster than I do! :P

Edited by MC

Apparently the LET is reporting today morning's edition that Rovers had a bid accepted last night and Dunn will have a medical and contract talks today.

This is true.

Official text just confirmed .......... blah blah blah, what they just said :brfc:

EDIT: Damn you fast typers!! :tu:

Edited by northernrover

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.