BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Should Dunny Have Come Home?

Should Dunny have come home?  

378 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have signed Dunn?

• Absolutely no way. The guy simply isn't fit enough for Premiership football
    • It's a big gamble, so probably not.
    • Sitting on the fence here.
    • Yes, even if he can't regain full fitness, the presence of a true roverite will lift everyone around the club.
    • Brilliant signing, he should never have left.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just came up with a conspiracy theory concering the Dunn deal.

What if Rovers were letting Notlob do the "special" medical test, thus getting a second opinion. :D

you might be correct there!

"Now Rovers boss Mark Hughes believes he can restore Dunn to his former glory by offering him a fresh start at Blackburn, where the medical back-up and coaching staff are rated amongst the best in the Premiership."

also

"Rovers chairman John Williams has been granted permission to speak to the player after Birmingham finally accepted his latest offer last night.

A medical and discussions regarding personal terms were expected to take place this morning, and if all goes to plan then Dunn could seal his Rovers return by the end of the day in a deal that could eventually be worth £2 million.

Advertisement continued...

Speaking exclusively to the Lancashire Telegraph, Williams said: "We've got permission to speak to David Dunn and we are now going through the normal procedures regarding a medical and personal terms."

Although there's still some work to do before a deal is safely in the bag, Rovers now seem certain to pip Bolton Wanderers in the race for Dunn's signature.

The medical side of things should be a formality as the 27-year-old has already passed one stringent examination with Wanderers during the last few days.

The only thing that could scupper a deal, therefore, is a late hitch over personal terms, but Dunn is desperate to seal a return to Blackburn so that is unlikely to present a problem."

I'll be very happy when its all completed. I felt sick reading the headline about "Dunn Deal is Bolt from the Blue" over someones shoulder on the bus this morning. Excellent work from Rovers - bring back Dunn and ###### of Bolton in the process! Happy Days :D

Well I must say I am both amazed and PLEASED by this turn of events!! Yes really; I know I have opposed the attempts to bring Dunny back, but that was always with a feeling of sadness and regret. I doubted his fitness and ability to stay fit. But this morning I am feeling uplifted by the news that he has passed a stringent medical at Notlob, and therefore is fit enough to take a chance on. Also if any club has a chance of making this thing work it has to be Rovers where Dunny's heart lies and the facilities and coaching are first class.

Now we go on to phase 2; where Dunn has to do his bit and not only get match-fit, but STAY that way i.e no pies, and very much restricted night life and booze. IF he can do that I am sure we will have a winner!! Time alone will tell; fingers crossed folks and let's ALL now get behind the club and Dunny and give him a fantastic Rovers welcome back!!

From LET article:

Posted by: Vinjay on 10:27am today

How long until he gets injured again? Excellent decision as usual from Hughes and Williams. Up to 2 million is worth it because he's a local boy after all. Could sign me on that basis. Does Williams seriously think this is the best solution to the attendance problems? I have an idea that might improve crowds...stop selling our best players. If Dunn wasn't from the local area they wouldn't have signed him. It's obvious he's more concerned about living in the North West and that's why only North West clubs are after him. Look strange that clubs from other regions haven't shown interest dosen't it? He wouldn't go anywhere else. He cares more about his favourite nightclubs than he does about playing football. That's the factor in his decision not the club. I know it isn't fully confirmed but I would be shocked if it falls through. Hope it does but probably won't.

How long until he gets injured again? Excellent decision as usual from Hughes and Williams.

Up to 2 million is worth it because he's a local boy after all. Could sign me on that basis.

Does Williams seriously think this is the best solution to the attendance problems? I have an idea that might improve crowds...stop selling our best players.

If Dunn wasn't from the local area they wouldn't have signed him. It's obvious he's more concerned about living in the North West and that's why only North West clubs are after him. Look strange that clubs from other regions haven't shown interest dosen't it?

He wouldn't go anywhere else. He cares more about his favourite nightclubs than he does about playing football. That's the factor in his decision not the club.

I know it isn't fully confirmed but I would be shocked if it falls through. Hope it does but probably won't.

From LET article:

Posted by: Vinjay on 10:27am today

How long until he gets injured again? Excellent decision as usual from Hughes and Williams. Up to 2 million is worth it because he's a local boy after all. Could sign me on that basis. Does Williams seriously think this is the best solution to the attendance problems? I have an idea that might improve crowds...stop selling our best players. If Dunn wasn't from the local area they wouldn't have signed him. It's obvious he's more concerned about living in the North West and that's why only North West clubs are after him. Look strange that clubs from other regions haven't shown interest dosen't it? He wouldn't go anywhere else. He cares more about his favourite nightclubs than he does about playing football. That's the factor in his decision not the club. I know it isn't fully confirmed but I would be shocked if it falls through. Hope it does but probably won't.

How long until he gets injured again? Excellent decision as usual from Hughes and Williams.

Up to 2 million is worth it because he's a local boy after all. Could sign me on that basis.

Does Williams seriously think this is the best solution to the attendance problems? I have an idea that might improve crowds...stop selling our best players.

If Dunn wasn't from the local area they wouldn't have signed him. It's obvious he's more concerned about living in the North West and that's why only North West clubs are after him. Look strange that clubs from other regions haven't shown interest dosen't it?

He wouldn't go anywhere else. He cares more about his favourite nightclubs than he does about playing football. That's the factor in his decision not the club.

I know it isn't fully confirmed but I would be shocked if it falls through. Hope it does but probably won't.

Hmmmmm..... I think the second (repeated) version is slightly better (layout). ;)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.