BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Should Dunny Have Come Home?

Should Dunny have come home?  

378 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have signed Dunn?

• Absolutely no way. The guy simply isn't fit enough for Premiership football
    • It's a big gamble, so probably not.
    • Sitting on the fence here.
    • Yes, even if he can't regain full fitness, the presence of a true roverite will lift everyone around the club.
    • Brilliant signing, he should never have left.

I appear to be the only one who hopes he does NOT sign for us.

The most he will do now is give our medical staff something to work with this season as his knee goes again on his "debut". Stay away pie boy.

What planet are you on? West ham put in a 10 million bid for unproven Ashley Young of Watford who id barely heard of. Relatively speaking, 2 million for a proven player in Dunny is a snippet.

I take it judging by your location you didnt see Dunn much in his prime for rovers. One of the best players to have worn the shirt for rovers in my opinion of watching them regularly in my lifetime.

With any player whose had his injury problems, signing them is a gamble. But its a gamble thats worth it given his proven ability and local lad factor.

I dont get yourself and others with their anti-david dunn views.

The only pie boy around here will be you when your eating sh*tloads of the humble variety!

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At number 1, is DAVID DUNN

At number 2, is DAVID DUNN

At number 3, is DAVID DUNN

At number 4, is DAVID DUNN

At number 5, is DAVID DUNN

At number 6, is DAVID DUNN

At number 7, is DAVID DUNN

At number 8, is DAVID DUNN

At number 9, is DAVID DUNN

At number 10, is DAVID DUNN

At number 11, is DAVID DUNN

WE ALL LIVE IN A DUNNY WONDER-LAND

A DUNNY WONDER-LAND !!

A DUNNY WONDER-LAND !!

Oh my word thats awful

How about

He's fat He's round He bounces on the ground DAVID DUNN DAVID DUUUUUUNN.................... :ph34r:

Oh my word thats awful

How about

He's fat He's round He bounces on the ground DAVID DUNN DAVID DUUUUUUNN.................... :ph34r:

He's fat, he's round - one day if he plays really well and keeps free of injury he may cost us over £2 million pound....... :ph34r:

A DUNNY WONDER-LAND !!

It sounded good at the time I last sang it... haha

Bear in mind, that was on a rickety coach up to Glasgow for the Celtic / Rovers game and I'd done lots of vodka and lager

haha

Forgot about that one....always really good on the ewood blues away trips!!

Replace Reid? His staying. Good player too. Just unlucky with injuries

Diarra on loan until Reid returns would be good though. I still think we'll need a midfielder when Reid returns bearing in mind the age of Sav and Tugay as well as Dunn and Reid's injury proneness. Diarra would be a good signing...

"Am I on my own here?

The local pie shops must be rubbing their hands in glee as must the assorted club owners and victuallers.

Dunny is not fit enough to play premiership football because he is not disciplined enough to look after himself - the last man to try telling him this was Graeme Souness - who knows a bit about what it takes to compete at the top level as a midfielder - and look how Dunny reacted, throwing his toys out instead of rolling his immature neck in, listening to good advice and getting on with becoming a regular England squad member.

We all love how Tugay has performed this season at the age of 36/37 - he can because he is so professional in every aspect of his approach to the game on and off the pitch. Can we say the same for Dunny?

It really hurts me to say it but if we buy Dunny back, it will just be another addition to the treatment room for at least half of the season uness he's grown up a bit. Now, please let me be wrong."

15/01/07 22:37

Well, let's hope us sceptics are proved wrong and that Dunny returns a better man (and player) than when he left.

In the meantime, I shall call Mr. Williams to remind him to check our insurance policies again in light of the Martin Dahlin precedent and Dunny's consistent fitness record. The only other concern is that our young midfielders have the intelligence (not in plentiful supply in professional footballing circles) to recognise the master that is Tugay for the next 2-3 years he has left with us and WATCH & LEARN!

Good luck Dunny

A DUNNY WONDER-LAND !!

I actually quite like this song. Sheff weds used to sing it about david hirst, except number 8 was roland nielsen.

Better than a lot of rovers player songs. At least it dont involve a drum beat

Fantastic news, it's a gamble but one that could pay off quite nicely. I think we all realise his potential has never quite been realised, but he's a good player so long as he stays fit. Which unfortunately is the big risk. Hey ho, i'm happy though...so long as a new left back and maybe even another midfielder is brought in too.

Great news! A former local hero and finally a lad who'll feel proud of wearing the blue and white. That's important to me.

Agree with that!

Mind you, he was probably praying we came in for in after being shown around the Breezeblock :D

Have a look at this thread on the Bolton Fans website, at the start of the thread they were happy as pigs in a breezeblock sty, but as today has developed the thread has become a joke pages 5,6 & 7 deserve a read, i was laughing my arse off.

http://www.the-wanderer.co.uk/boards/viewtopic.php?t=10261

Edited by mattym

Bear with me on this one.

Big Club are about to sign a new shirt sponsor deal, replacing Lonsdale with a proper football brand.

The guy doing the deal on behalf of the new sponsor is a friend of mine, who has been in football for many years and is pretty well connected. He was with Steve Bruce yesterday discussing the finer points of the new deal.

Apparently, both Rovers and notlob have been tapping Dunny up for over 6 months. Rovers basically wanted him for free, whereas Bolton were happy to pay a bit.

Bruce being the good bloke that he is and well disposed to Rovers, said that Rovers would not get him for so long as there was a hole in his ar$e. Hense the jiggery pokery around who is paying what and when. Rovers have got him as cheaply as possible.

The amusing thing is that Bruce and Alllardyce are actually quite good friends, so much so that yesterday morning, Dunny was actually training with the Bolton squad! They were convinced that he was going there.

Luckily for us, his agent is Willlie Mackay. If you ever shake his hand, count your fingers afterwards. He was still keeping Rovers warm in the background and as soon as the Bolton deal was finalised, all Rovers had to do was beat it, and Dunny was ours.

Accordingly, Mr Bruce is currently at a higher level of agitation than even I thought possible!

Details are likely to remain undisclosed, but it is basically a few thousand extra quid in signing on fees that secured the deal.

I for one am very happy with the deal. He is capable of great things and if he is ever going to realise his potential, then Mark Hughes seems likely to be the very chap that gets it out of him.

And we ###### off Bolton and Big Club into the bargain. Happy Days.

This was quite good on the Bolton website. It appears Burnley aren't the only dingles.

David Dunn has revealed his reasons for re-joining Blackburn.

“I was flattered by Sam Allardyce’s interest,” said the tubby midfielder, speaking from the snack bar at Hilton Park services. “They have a great backroom staff at the Reebok, and there’s running water and mains electricity, which I’ll miss once I go back to live in Darwen.

“But at heart, I’m a Blackburn lad. I miss sitting round the fire, singing along to banjo tunes, and it’s the only place where they don’t mention the extra fingers.” Dunn also has family connections in the area and was particularly enthusiastic about seeing his sister again.

At this point the interview was halted by the girl on the till, who had totalled up the cost of Dunn’s tray of doughnuts.

“That’ll be £47.20 please, duck,” she said.

*dons protective shield in case of flak*

I'm ambivalent about dunny coming home. No doubt i like him, but i take issue with the price we're paying. Assuming we've matched Bolton's offer of 1m upfront and 1m on appearances, it still means a total outlay of 2m for a player in the final 6 months of his contract, who has played 53 times in the last 3 years. That for me, is just not rational economically. Should we be getting dunny on a free transfer in july, i'll be much happier. The homecoming would have been much more 'rational', and bringing him back would have then been a calculated gamble.

I understand that he is a local lad who bleeds blue and white blood, but having such a desire is useful only insofar as he stays fit enough to play week in week out. For the camp who thinks 2m is a fair price, I unfortunately have to disagree, and my opinion is that the 'fairness' is a function of the blue and white lenses we all wear 24/7.

Consider, we already have a very similar case in francis jeffers, who we got on a free (and on a pay-as-you-play deal at that!), who still invites criticisms of being a waste of space and a has-been. His circumstances are vastly similar to dunn - lots of talent, lots of potential in his younger days, lots of injury problems, havent played a whole lot. The only difference is that jeffers was essentially everton blue, while dunny is rover blue, and hence dunny is getting all the hype of a 'homecoming'.

Personally, I'm not convinced. But that said, finances and decisions on transfers are out of my, and our, hands. As supporters, we shall just cheer dunny on, and I personally hope my opinion is proved wrong!

(ps: my main gripe is that 2m could have gone towards a more 'established' or less injury prone midfielder of a suitable quality, or it could in itself secure us a fairly useful left back, rather than being gambled on a 'risky' dunny).

Edited by vyeo

On what planet are we "smaller" than the "mighty" Wanderers?

I think its the same one in which Birmingham have won the european cup!

Have you won The Premier League,

The Premier League, The Premier League? :P

Pie Boy for Ginsters :rover:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.