BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Should Dunny Have Come Home?

Should Dunny have come home?  

378 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have signed Dunn?

• Absolutely no way. The guy simply isn't fit enough for Premiership football
    • It's a big gamble, so probably not.
    • Sitting on the fence here.
    • Yes, even if he can't regain full fitness, the presence of a true roverite will lift everyone around the club.
    • Brilliant signing, he should never have left.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, well done on having an average attendance of less than 2000 more than us, Zulu!

I might point out that you lot have had 6 home games on a Saturday at 3pm plus Boxing Day.... we've only had 3 plus Boxing Day.

Edited by CircoW

Welcome back Dunny...Hughesy will take a few months to get him fit and firing but long term replacement for Tugay could be solved and also on the left when gamst has another 14 game bad spell!!

Great boost for the club and supporteres especially as half his fee is based on appearances

Sold for £5.5 million in 2003. Plays 27 times & receives a fortune in medical treatment. Passes medical and returns to Rovers for £1 million (+ £1 million perf related) in 2007. A big thank you to Steve Bruce and the astute business brains at big club Birmingham City. Next time we want to make some easy money on a crock we'll know where to come! :lol:

*dons protective shield in case of flak*

I'm ambivalent about dunny coming home. No doubt i like him, but i take issue with the price we're paying. Assuming we've matched Bolton's offer of 1m upfront and 1m on appearances, it still means a total outlay of 2m for a player in the final 6 months of his contract, who has played 53 times in the last 3 years. That for me, is just not rational economically.

(ps: my main gripe is that 2m could have gone towards a more 'established' or less injury prone midfielder of a suitable quality, or it could in itself secure us a fairly useful left back, rather than being gambled on a 'risky' dunny).

Except that it's presumably only really £1m. If he plays 50 times for us in the next couple of years that will mean he has been good enough to hold down a regular spot in the first team. If he does that paying another £1m will seem a bargain. Yes, there's a risk but he has the best medical and fitness people to work with here - if anyone can knock him into shape it's Rovers.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.