BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Should Dunny Have Come Home?

Should Dunny have come home?  

378 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have signed Dunn?

• Absolutely no way. The guy simply isn't fit enough for Premiership football
    • It's a big gamble, so probably not.
    • Sitting on the fence here.
    • Yes, even if he can't regain full fitness, the presence of a true roverite will lift everyone around the club.
    • Brilliant signing, he should never have left.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would be great to see Dunny back in a tinykit.gif

But we don't want to go paying a load to Big Club do we laugh.gif

Also didn't we have a first option to buy back in his contract when he left. Might be a possibility huh.gif

Edited by grizfoot

Do you think that given the circumstances of his leaving that such a clause would exist?  I'd doubt it somehow.

398595[/snapback]

You never know, we had a % of Beattie's future transfer fees.

You never know, we had a % of Beattie's future transfer fees.

398596[/snapback]

Yes we did, but Beattie didn't leave because he hated the manager and they didn't get on. If there is a buy back clause, it will have stated a price. And that price will be more than the 5.5 mill we paid for him. And I certainly don't want to pay that price for Mr Sicknote.

Dunn manages only 15 minutes of todays Birmingham derby before limping off.

I doubt anyone will touch Dunny with a bargepole should they go down. I'd only even consider it on a pay as you play deal if he had managed 3 or 4 months solid for Burm at Champ level.

Edited by Hasta

Should Dunny come home? Answer NO. Just look at today he has come off in the first half again injured. He is a liability.

would be good to see dunny back he has the same problem that bellamy had when he came to rovers, they both spend more time injured than playing but mark hughes and his backroom staff have now been able to get bellamy playing a lot more games and i think if we do sign dunny MH will be able to get him playing aswell. he has brought todd, gray, and reid back into the team and look what they have done for him i have complete faith in him.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, brum are down now and I literally think if we expressed interest in Dunnie he would be our player next year for not much money, maybe a million or something like that.

He is on his day an exceptional player, world class. In terms of skill on the ball there are very few Englishmen who can rival him. And he is precisely the kind of player Rovers could use at the moment, a sort of player we don't have, and happily a local lad too.

But the injuries are ridiculous, absolutely ridiculous. And you have to qestion how interested he is in getting fit. While I am sure he is not feigning injury and would like to play, he does give off the aura of not being as concerned about being on the treatment table as other players- our Bellamy, nelsen, Reid- might be.

So, sadly, I can't see him plyaing for us. But I do reckon there will be at least one or two ex city players at Ewood in the Autumn. Upson, Pennant, Hesky, Forsell, Sutton and Jarosik are all players who have something to offer to our club.

pennant and heskey for me. pennant will get the ball and run at the full back on the right side of midfield, and supply the crosses for heskey and bellars. heskey - would be a very good fit for us, and to partner bellars upfront...a big man with ball control and pace, who is also good in the air.

pennant, but on today's showing, reidy did very well on the right as well. still, we'd need 2 players per position and pennant would be a very viable option. he, however had already stated that he's staying in brum despite relegation, but we've all heard that before from a certain brum player havent we? and dunny back on a pay as you play deal and a miniscule transfer fee too.

Well, brum are down now and I literally think if we expressed interest in Dunnie he would be our player next year for not much money, maybe a million or something like that.

He is on his day an exceptional player, world class. In terms of skill on the ball there are very few Englishmen who can rival him. And he is precisely the kind of player Rovers could use at the moment, a sort of player we don't have, and happily a local lad too.

But the injuries are ridiculous, absolutely ridiculous. And you have to qestion how interested he is in getting fit. While I am sure he is not feigning injury and would like to play, he does give off the aura of not being as concerned about being on the treatment table as other players- our Bellamy, nelsen, Reid- might be.

So, sadly, I can't see him plyaing for us. But I do reckon there will be at least one or two ex city players at Ewood in the Autumn. Upson, Pennant, Hesky, Forsell, Sutton and Jarosik are all players who have something to offer to our club.

403396[/snapback]

I wonder how much more motivated he'd have been to get back if he were still at Rovers? I suspect quite a bit. I also don't think he's feigning injury, but issn't enthusiastic about Brum in the way he clearly is about rovers.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.