BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Should Dunny Have Come Home?

Should Dunny have come home?  

378 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have signed Dunn?

• Absolutely no way. The guy simply isn't fit enough for Premiership football
    • It's a big gamble, so probably not.
    • Sitting on the fence here.
    • Yes, even if he can't regain full fitness, the presence of a true roverite will lift everyone around the club.
    • Brilliant signing, he should never have left.

heskey - would be a very good fit for us, and to partner bellars upfront...a big man with ball control and pace, who is also good in the air.

403397[/snapback]

Big man with ball controll? Give me a break, the guy is pure rubbish. Ask any birmingham fan, and they will tell you the same. Heskey is so not the answer for us, and he would just frustrate Bellamy the same way Kuqi does with his dumbass movement and crap passes..

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Assuming he's on a fortune at Brum they might be keen to get rid on a free and we could maybe get him on a pay as you play deal. I would love to see him back at Ewood because he's a fan and a great player but he's too much of a gamble for a full contract. I bet he's not played more than about 50 games for Brum in his 3 years.

I wouldn't be overly keen on any of Brum's other plasyers though. They are either past it, crap or over-rated. (Suton, Heskey and Pennant)

Big man with ball controll? Give me a break, the guy is pure rubbish. Ask any birmingham fan, and they will tell you the same. Heskey is so not the answer for us, and he would just frustrate Bellamy the same way Kuqi does with his dumbass movement and crap passes..

403429[/snapback]

agreed!

Heskey, no way the man has scored 5 goals all season and we cannot say he hasn't been getting any service because he's had Pennant swinging in crosses left, right & centre for him.

As for Pennant, i would love to see him playing for us, but where would this leave somebody like Bentley and Emerton. How would our midfield look next season as we have MGP down as our left winger, then we have Savage/Reid/Tugay(who IMO was superb yesterday)/Bentley. So which player out of the current midfield would you drop to play him, as it seems to me that when Tugay is fit and well, he will start and Reid will be pushed out wide right.

403429[/snapback]

Like any player you have to rate him against other possibilities. And frankly in terms of powerful players Heskey is a good option. It is more than likely he will be affordable, two or three million, and although prone to losing the ball he is infinately better than Kuqi.

To get an idea of the market you only have to look at Ashton, Crouch and Beattie who all went for massively inflated fees- and why? Becase they are big guys. In terms of value for money Heskey will go a long way.

And as for Pennant being over rated - how many wide right players who can trouble a full back will be going for a reasonable fee this summer? Extremely few. And while Pennant is not Wright-Phillps, Pennant is young (with resale value) and genuinely exciting to watch. In the league IMO, outside the top three and Arsenal, only Lennon and Solano offer his kind of ability.

Oh, and in the 'replacement to Tugay' stakes Jarosik genuinely stands out. And, again because of relegation, he will not be gong for a huge sum even though Chelsea hold his contract.

I think Heskey would be good partnering with Bellamy. He does a good job of finding the open man. Just think of all of the times Bellamy has been open and hasn't gotten the ball.

I hate to say it but I think Dunny is finished. He cant afford to be on the physio table every week. He's 26 now, injuries like hamstrings shouldn't be accuring all the time, if he was 18-21 yes as players are still growing but he needs to get it sorted before it finishes him off. I'd love to see him back but only in a fit state otherwise it would be a waste of money. Whats his latest injury Hamstring or the world famous Metatarsul?

A fit David Dunn gets into every Premiership team bar three or four.

If he can convince Hughes he can get fully fit and stay fit, there is no question that we should sign him.

403427[/snapback]

Contradiction in terms methinks.

He's managed to complete two games in two years - that is farcical. For all his skill, he can't win games from the treatment room.

He's one or two breakdowns from retiring I'd have thought.

Given the present relationship between Big Club (that just got much smaller) and Rovers, I really cant see them letting us have any of their players at anything like a bargain price. Far more likely to try and rip us off to the max possible extent!

I think Heskey would be good partnering with Bellamy. He does a good job of finding the open man. Just think of all of the times Bellamy has been open and hasn't gotten the ball.

403500[/snapback]

Heskey, god no, we already have one big useless lump incapable of finding the net more than five or six times a season.

I can't see any point in spending several million quid to replace him with another!

Wouldn't mind Forssel. (again, if he can prove his fitness)

Heskey, god no, we already have one big useless lump incapable of finding the net more than five or six times a season.

I can't see any point in spending several million quid to replace him with another!

Wouldn't mind Forssel. (again, if he can prove his fitness)

403629[/snapback]

Kuqi has scored 8 this season has he not?! tongue.gifph34r.gif

Forsell looks past it, it looks like his injuries that he has obtained throughout his career have ruined him. 2 or 3 years ago i would have taken him but he just not worth the gamble anymore. Just look at the chance he fluffed yesterday, he is too like Paul Dickov in terms that he messes up whena good chance is offered to him. We need a quality striker to go with Bellers and Forsell is not the right man.

TBH should we really be looking at a relegated team to sign our perfect partner for Bellers from?

Ooooh and just so no one can throw the old West Ham players situation at me, i'll mention it, yes i know Defoe left the Whammers and has gone on to make a success of himself but that is a real rareity as when a side is relegated the are normally relegated for a good reason. e.g. leaky defence matched up with very few goals.

Maybe Kevin Phillips could also be an exception to that rule but he has hardly been prolific since he left Sunderland for Soton & Villa.

Edited by ihatethedingles

Forsell looks past it, it looks like his injuries that he has obtained throughout his career have ruined him. 2 or 3 years ago i would have taken him but he just not worth the gamble anymore. Just look at the chance he fluffed yesterday, he is too like Paul Dickov in terms that he messes up whena good chance is offered to him. We need a quality striker to go with Bellers and Forsell is not the right man.

TBH should we really be looking at a relegated team to sign our perfect partner for Bellers from?

Ooooh and just so no one can throw the old West Ham players situation at me, i'll mention it, yes i know Defoe left the Whammers and has gone on to make a success of himself but that is a real rareity as when a side is relegated the are normally relegated for a good reason. e.g. leaky defence matched up with very few goals.

Maybe Kevin Phillips could also be an exception to that rule but he has hardly been prolific since he left Sunderland for Soton & Villa.

403669[/snapback]

If we're gonna get anybody from a relegated team why dont we go for that young lad from Sunderland...he's really been the shining light in a really bad team in my opinion......

What was his name again....Jon Stead? smile.gif

403669[/snapback]

Well, Joe Cole and Carrick have not been too shabby either...

Poor motivation, tactics and injuries took Birmingham down. They have quality players all over the pitch. To dismiss them because they have been relegated is just stupid.

Look at Roy Keane, the west ham lads, Crouch, Stuart Pearce, Dean Ashton, Kevin Phillips, James Beattie...

James Beattie? I thought we were talking about players who had been relegated.

Or is it a "Guess the link between these players" competition.

403678[/snapback]

Wasn't he relegated with Southampton? Or did he move before they went down?

Whooops, just checked it out, he left the January before

Edited by joey_big_nose

rover.gif hot news striaght from a dunn family member,DAVID DUNN WILL RETURN TO EWOOD THIS SUMMER tinykit.gif

403691[/snapback]

Are you sure that's not "DUnn would like to return this summer"? I just can't see Hughes paying money for someone who has hardly played a game this season, he's far too shrewd to take that kind of risk.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.