BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Spurs 3 - 2 Rovers

We will have to pay Tromsø about 350k, when MGP has played three more matches in the cup and league. (60 matches) We will also have to pay them 350k more after 90 matches.

A friend of Mark Hughes secretary's husband's sister told me this is why he is not playing Tottenham.

388048[/snapback]

Dont talk like an idiot

And when hes back from injury I take it they wont play him?

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bentley will play on the left, which to me has been his most promising position for us.

He looked much better there when he came on against Bolton @ the breezeblock.

So i think his performance will swing it and the lads will win 2-0

Maybe not.

But you're the only person I've ever known who can attempt to justify a 4-5-1 involving 'the axe' without taking the p......

388002[/snapback]

Correction LeChuck........ you mean me and Mark Hughes! Still you know best I suppose. rolleyes.gif

442 worked all right at old trafford earlier on in the season didnt it

388016[/snapback]

I knew somebody would raise that.

..................... P W D L F A W D L F A PTS

5TH Blackburn 27 9 2 2 22 13 4 2 8 12 18 43

So 14 points out of 43 and a poor goal scoring record even with 4-4-2 suggests nothing spectacular there. I'm tempted to site the examples of West Brom, West Ham and Everton as being more relevent.

And don't forget flopsy MU were out of sorts at the time and the MU fans famously jeered the old RFW because he didn't play 4-4-2.

I'll be very upset if we throw away any realistic chance of winning by playing 4-5-1.

Last week I didn't feel very optimistic about our chances. After beating Arsenal my view has changed somewhat.

One thing is for sure Spurs aren't miles ahead of us as a team as some people on here would like to think.

We'd already have plastered them all over Ewood at the start of the season had we had a competent striker playing in place of Kuqi.

No prediction from me (as that worked last week  smile.gif ) but we MUST come away with at least a point.

388032[/snapback]

Precisely Simon. imo In this particular game it is more important to not let Spurs win than to actually win ourselves! Win home draw away should see us fine.

A lot of Spurs threat is from their strikers dropping deep. The Axe would prevent much of that. Also players are available on the bench to revert to 4-4-2 should the need arise.

Edited by thenodrog

I think we need to win. There are some teams around us like Spurs, Arsenal and Bolton to worry about and then there is the odd team down below us like City, West Ham and Newcastle who I'd keep a close eye on. It's the money end of the season now, none of this "happy with an away draw", we're good enough to win and we should be going for the win. If we shut up shop tomorrow to try and get a 0-0 I think we will have shot ourselves in the foot, especially as I don't think that we could do it and I don't think that it is the best way to deal with the threat that spurs pose.

I think we need to win.

388284[/snapback]

Eh? It's only a week since you said our UEFA chancs wouldn't be dead if we lost both the Arsenal and Spurs games.

(Due to your pathological need to post immediately after me disagreeing with me. smile.gif )

Tally ho, off down to London in an hour or so.

COME ON YOU BLUES! rover.gif

Eh? It's only a week since you said our UEFA chancs wouldn't be dead if we lost both the Arsenal and Spurs games.

(Due to your pathological need to post immediately after me disagreeing with me.  smile.gif )

Tally ho, off down to London in an hour or so.

COME ON YOU BLUES!  rover.gif

388295[/snapback]

Yes, but now with us only being three points off of the champions league spot I have set my sights elsewhere. Sorry, just had to fulfill the pathological need.

I have admitted to being wrong in the past and I'm sure I'll do so again, probably in the not so distant future. However, I do think that had we lost both of these games we still would have had a chance of UEFA cup football as long as United won the league cup, which they have done, and especially if the FA Cup final worked in our favour. Our chances of Champions League football would have been dead, which I believe I did say and I think our chances will be dead if we lose tomorrow, regardless of what we did last Saturday.

If you want to take that as me changing my tune then fine and if you also seem to think that I specifically target you and simply disagree with you for the fun of it then by all means go ahead.

greetings from Lanzarote where it is bloody red hot and there is NO sign of rain,snow or hail !!

1 0 Rovers laugh.gif

388297[/snapback]

Yipeeeeee! I'll be arriving in Costa Teguise tomorrow - good to hear the weather is good.

Lanzarote Blues we are here woah ho, woah ho

Lanzarote Blues we are here woah ho, woah ho...........

laugh.gif

Edited by Claytons Left Boot

I will be, yes. Unfortunately I will be sat in the home sections because of who I am going with.

388324[/snapback]

Enjoy it.

did you not know you were going when you posted that you "didnt know when my next game is" in the wee small hours?

I think you're talking about when I was having that little back and forth posting with one post? I'm not sure specifically what I said but I was probably getting at home games, which are tough for me to get to. If I didn't, then my mistake.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.