BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Battle Of 4th, 5th, 6th Position

Modi

We are definitely underdogs as we need two teams to slip up for us to finish 4th.

Cant see it happening.

After todays games, Im fairly certain that Spurs will scrape through to 4th place and Arsenals CL run-in will count against them.

Lets just make sure of a UEFA Cup place and everyone can be happy.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

UEFA Cup football is GREAT when you see that we have been battling relegations for two seasons. Ive been following Rovers since 92 and I would be happy with it and if you told me at the start of the season we would finish 6th, I would have taken it.

Sorry to interupt the doom and gloom but is that a 6 point gap I see between us and 7th place?

4 Tottenham 33 15 58

5 Blackburn 33 6 54

6 Arsenal 32 28 53

7 Bolton 32 7 48

8 Wigan 33 -2 48

397845[/snapback]

Aye Phil, we eating wit big boys now!

Bowltown and Wigin can suck my balls, we're outta here on a fast plane to Gretna.

Its still game on gents, although we are relying on other teams to do us a favour. Spurs could easily loose their next 3 games, although i hope they loose the next 2 and then draw with arse, as that will give us a chance to steal thru. We should seal up 6th place as a minimum this yr, but its difficult to predict anything, notlob have some pretty decent fixtures after chels!

RFW is talking up the Mancs' title chances. I don't know about that after ten man Chelsea destroyed West Ham yesterday but our game against Chelsea could be interesting. The remaining fixtures of the top two are of course disrupted by our Chelsea fixture being delayed by the FA Cup semi-final.

REMAINING GAMES

CHELSEA

Bolton (a)

Everton (h)

Man Utd (h)

Blackburn (a)

Newcastle (a)

MAN UTD

Sunderland (h)

Tottenham (a)

Middlesbrough (h)

Chelsea (a)

Charlton (h)

Of course, it is handy for us that Chelsea are going to Bolton and the Mancs going to Spurs with both of them having to win (yes, I am discounting Sunderland getting anything except relegated at OT).

Run that fixture list forwards and Chelsea will come to Ewood either as Champions if they have beaten or drawn with the Mancs at Stamford Bridge or just one point ahead of the Mancs and the whole country willing us to beat them if RFW conjures a win down there in the Chelsea v Mancs game.

Of course if we beat or draw with Chelsea to keep the Championship alive on the last day then Alan Shearer's farewell will be over-shadowed by Chelsea beating Newcastle to win the Prem at St James' Park or Newcastle handing an unlikely Premiership trophy to the Mancs. Either way, it would seem to be a rich metaphor for the end of his career.

Edited by philipl

May not affect us but the Intertoto cup draw is made today.

Format change

Last September, the UEFA Executive Committee approved a change in format for the summer competition, which dates back to 1995. From this year, three rounds will be played, instead of five. The eleven victorious teams from the UEFA Intertoto Cup third round will go through to the second qualifying round of the 2006/07 UEFA Cup.

No Portuguese

The 49 participating associations will each have one entrant, with Portugal not choosing to take part and no side involved from either Liechtenstein or San Marino. As a result of the Portuguese absence and given the rankings list below, Belgium will enter in the third round and Hungary in the second round. The identity of the clubs involved will not be confirmed until the end of the 2005/06 season.

Geographical draw

Monday's midday ceremony will see the matches decided for all three rounds, with the countries divided on a geographical basis for draw purposes. The first round, which will be played over two legs on 17/18 and 24/25 June, features 26 nations. Another 13 countries will join in the second round, to take place on 1/2 and 8/9 July, before the eight seeded contestants come in for the decisive third round on 15/16 and 22 July.

Uefa

Hopefully it won't affect us

Spurs three next games are

Everton away

ManU at home

Arsenal away

Spurs wont be 4th after those three games. Arsenal is my bet..

397837[/snapback]

if everton doo spuds this weekend, i will fancy us to beat liverpool.

at home this season we have been awsome and with that mental knowledge that the spuds have lost will be a great help.

those spuds fixtures ain't pretty laugh.gif

The site contradicts itself

From this year, three rounds will be played instead of five, with the eleven victorious teams from the Intertoto Cup final round going through to the UEFA Cup second qualifying round.

Then

2006 UEFA Intertoto Cup third round

First leg: 15/16 July

Second leg: 22 July

Winners enter UEFA Cup first round on 15/29 September

Now do they go into the first round or the second qualifying round