SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Battle Of 4th, 5th, 6th Position

Modi

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to the LET, who have been in touch with the premier League, the team finishing 6th would qualify for EUFA even if Boro win the cup as MU won the League Cup and they have already qualified for the Champion's League.

403204[/snapback]

Can someone clarify definitively - what happens if Boro win the UEFA cup?

I don't see what Boro winning the UEFA cup has to do with Man Utd winning the carling cup. That place was allocated back to the league ages ago.

Will Boro take an exsisting UEFA spot or will they get an extra one?

Can someone clarify definitively - what happens if Boro win the UEFA cup?

I don't see what Boro winning the UEFA cup has to do with Man Utd winning the carling cup. That place was allocated back to the league ages ago.

Will Boro take an exsisting UEFA spot or will they get an extra one?

403394[/snapback]

If Boro win the UEFA, congrats to them. They will take a UEFA Spot next season. I believe they will have to qualify via the first round.

West Ham has already taken one.

5th and 6th of the league will take one each.

Today's game is huge for 6th place. Spurs win and it's almost ours, in fact I would suggest we will do it. Bolton win and it means we need to win our last 2. Bolton are playing Boro on Wednesday and god knows what team will be out as they are also playing on Monday. Finish off at home to the relegated big club, will they go out with a whimper? Come on Spurs.

Forget 4th place its gone.Its been quite a while since an end of season run in concerning Rovers was this tense and exciting.

COME ON YOU SPURS!!!!!!

403449[/snapback]

It's been a few seasons - since we pipped Everton for 6th...

If Bolton lose today we purely need to match theirs and Newcastle's results on the last day of the season, which we can undoubtedly do. A draw against Chelsea would be an added bonus which would make it almost definite even before the last day.

C'mon Spurs!

Watching the Suprs - Bolton game, and bolton should have been 1-0 up

Bolton have two rather easy games at home against Boro (got their mind set at UEFA cup final) and the relegated @#/?s of birmingham..

We have no chance of getting that 4th spot as Spurs will win against the West Ham reserves in the last game of the season.

Edited by krislu

Bolton denied a blatant penalty on 74.

Stelios brought down from behind right in front of goal with only Jaaskelinan to beat.

For once the "big club bias" has worked in our favour.

403577[/snapback]

Would that have been an own goal if he had scored?

Forget 4th place its gone.Its been quite a while since an end of season run in concerning Rovers was this tense and exciting.

I'm a Yid for the day..............

COME ON YOU SPURS!!!!!!

403449[/snapback]

Yep. I hope they cement 4th spot... and then sincerely hope they get put out of the Champions League because Arsenal win the cup. It would be highly amusing.

That is great for us, but I do feel somewhat sorry about the dodgy decisions.

403588[/snapback]

Yeah, but wasnt Mr Wiley the ref who gave the dodgy decision againt us against Liverpool ??

I doubt we got much sympathy down at the Breezeblock for that, so sod em.

Guest Kamy100
Yeah, but wasnt Mr Wiley the ref who gave the dodgy decision againt us against Liverpool ??

I doubt we got much sympathy down at the Breezeblock for that, so sod em.

403590[/snapback]

Exactly right. I know some Bolton fans who said "well these things happen" after the Liverpool game, so i'll take great pleasure is saying the same to them!! Just 2 points of UEFA Cup football now. Lets hope we can get them against Chelsea so I can relax and enjoy the City game.