BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Battle Of 4th, 5th, 6th Position

Modi

Seems like the positions are settling now, we only have to worry about taking another point (preferably two!) to hold off Newcastle - with Spurs clinching the fourth spot and Arsenal the fifth.

403996[/snapback]

Ideally we need two points - Bolton could conceivably win both their remaining matches - and have a superior goal difference.

However - who would have believed we would achieve top eight (which is now secure) let alone possibly come sixth and qualify for UEFA.

A huge season - and if we do it Hughes should get manager of the year. What he has done at Rovers on a virtual shoe-string is unbelievable (especially when you look at the money spent this year by two of the relegated teams - and the position we were last season)

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am well chuffed with how the team has performed this season biggrin.gif , however, the CL was always a pipe dream too far. if we get 6th I will be delirious, as long as we maintain our position next season. huh.gif

As for the CL/UAFA Cup, I cheered on both Arsenal and Middlesborough to their respective finals, and will be hoping they both win their cups, whether this puts us out of Europe or not! Yes we can have ambitions for next season, but lets not begrudge either team their only chances to shine in this! rover.gif

However - who would have believed we would achieve top eight (which is now secure) let alone possibly come sixth and qualify for UEFA.

403999[/snapback]

Without wanting to be being wise after the event it wasn't that unpredictable at all -merely a continuation of the form that got us out of trouble in the second half of last season.

That's taking nothing at all away from Hughes and his coaching staff who must obviously be a top notch combination. thumbs-up.gif

While I hate Spurs with a passion I do have a bit of sympathy for them here. I mean 4th is like wiining the f-ing league if your not Liverpool, Arsenal, United or Chelsea.

403713[/snapback]

Why?  Arsenal are not being linked with half our team.

403747[/snapback]

Crikey! It's not often that we agree on something!

However if Mido is away on his toes at the end of the season and they intend to keep Keane and Defoe (and the latters a big IF) then I would expect them to go for a big guy up front. Fingers crossed.

Without wanting to be being wise after the event it wasn't that unpredictable at all -merely a continuation of the form that got us out of trouble in the second half of last season.

That's taking nothing at all away from Hughes and his coaching staff who must obviously be a top notch combination.  thumbs-up.gif

404123[/snapback]

That form last season was based on 4-5-1 with us grinding out results. This season we have progressed to 4-4-2, have played flowing and attractive football, and yet managed to get results.

Ideally we need two points - Bolton could conceivably win both their remaining matches - and have a superior goal difference.

403999[/snapback]

Actually they don't, they 47-40, we have 48-42.. but fair enough, if we take one point and they take six they'll probably go past us. (well actually, there's no chance of them taking six points without having the better goal difference, so forget this post ph34r.gif )

Newcastle has Chelsea in the last game though, whilst Bolton has M'boro and Birmingham, both of them at home. In other words, a point against Chelsea tonight is absolutely vital!