BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Creating Your Own Rovers Kit.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To answer your question about mottos, for the East Lancs at least, it would be "Spectemur agendo", which apparently means something like "let us be known for our acts".

The Accrington Pals were the 11th (service) Battalion, East Lancashire Regiment. They got slaugthered on July 1st, the first day of the Battle of the Somme, when they attacked towards Serre.

388175[/snapback]

That's about right, though the literal translation is "We will be seen for that which we do." Doesn't QUITE have the ring that dying for the Red Rose of Lancaster does, alas.

Still, Arte et Labore has its own charm, and screwing with the motto seems a worse idea the more I think on it.

Well, I've ordered the bits for the camo jacket, now to see how it comes out.

Oh and just so you don't get off feeling better than me and the rest of the foreign fans; if I lived within 100 miles of Ewood then I'd be there every home match as well. As it stands for me it just isn't realistic.

388179[/snapback]

You shouldn't feel too bad, there's people that live within 10 miles of Ewood that can't be bothered.

However, it amazes me that some appear to believe that exciting a few electrons on the electronic interweb constitutes support of a football club. When I was working in Holland for the latter part of the relegation season and the first half the first Championship season I had season tickets and was back for ALL the home games and some of the away.

We're 5TH IN THE PREMIERSHIP and you don't know when your next game is...............

That's about right, though the literal translation is "We will be seen for that which we do."  Doesn't QUITE have the ring that dying for the Red Rose of Lancaster does, alas.

Still, Arte et Labore has its own charm, and screwing with the motto seems a worse idea the more I think on it.

Well, I've ordered the bits for the camo jacket, now to see how it comes out.

388183[/snapback]

"I love the smell of napalm in the morning"

"I love the smell of napalm in the morning"

388186[/snapback]

Yeah, well, I'm from Texas. We use napalm to kill off ground cover.

Sarin and Ricin - now THERE are smells to wake you up in the morn.

Edited by Driftpeasant

You shouldn't feel too bad, there's people that live within 10 miles of Ewood that can't be bothered.

However, it amazes me that some appear to believe that exciting a few electrons on the electronic interweb constitutes support of a football club. When I was working in Holland for the latter part of the relegation season and the first half the first Championship season I had season tickets and was back for ALL the home games and some of the away.

We're 5TH IN THE PREMIERSHIP and you don't know when your next game is...............

388185[/snapback]

I can tell you our next home game, our remaining fixtures for the season and the results for all the games my memory will allow since I started supporting the club as a 10 year old. Yes, I've never owned a season ticket and I'm sure the number of games I've attended pales in comparison to the number you have, but who exactly do you think you are to go and make those sort of statements about foreign supporters?

I know that there are plenty of foreign supporters on here and others who I have met who do the club proud and are some of the best supporters we have. It kills me that I sit in another country on a Saturday and the best I can hope for is the chance to see it on TV.

I'm sure most on here could vouch for the fact that my support for the rovers is unquestioned and dedicated, just as I could say the same for the other foreign supporters on this site. You are fairly new to the messageboard and I don't know if you haven't come across foreign supporters of the club before, but you couldn't be further from the mark in the way that you see it. Not only do you know nothing about the group of supporters on here but your attitude will do nothing but harm to the club. We need all the supporters we can get, foreign or otherwise, so I don't care if you couldn't tell us what our colours are if you support the team and maybe get your money to the club through the odd kit or game or whatever it is then you are all that I can ask for.

I'm very happy for you that you have a seaon ticket and that you probably always have, I wish I could somehow justify buying one and in the past I have actually considered doing so just to do my bit for the club. Don't question my support though, or that of others on here, and don't get on your high horse about the fact that you have the pleasure of regularly attending matches of the club we all support.

I can tell you our next home game, our remaining fixtures for the season and the results for all the games my memory will allow since I started supporting the club as a 10 year old. Yes, I've never owned a season ticket and I'm sure the number of games I've attended pales in comparison to the number you have, but who exactly do you think you are to go and make those sort of statements about foreign supporters?

I know that there are plenty of foreign supporters on here and others who I have met who do the club proud and are some of the best supporters we have. It kills me that I sit in another country on a Saturday and the best I can hope for is the chance to see it on TV.

I'm sure most on here could vouch for the fact that my support for the rovers is unquestioned and dedicated, just as I could say the same for the other foreign supporters on this site. You are fairly new to the messageboard and I don't know if you haven't come across foreign supporters of the club before, but you couldn't be further from the mark in the way that you see it. Not only do you know nothing about the group of supporters on here but your attitude will do nothing but harm to the club. We need all the supporters we can get, foreign or otherwise, so I don't care if you couldn't tell us what our colours are if you support the team and maybe get your money to the club through the odd kit or game or whatever it is then you are all that I can ask for.

I'm very happy for you that you have a seaon ticket and that you probably always have, I wish I could somehow justify buying one and in the past I have actually considered doing so just to do my bit for the club. Don't question my support though, or that of others on here, and don't get on your high horse about the fact that you have the pleasure of regularly attending matches of the club we all support.

388189[/snapback]

Queue violins..........

I'm certain that John William's plans to get bums on seats doesn't account for any of you lightweights

I understand your idea. and I see your frustration.

"Creating your own Rovers kit"...  appealing idea for me.

but, It's only satisfywith us... It's not help the club financial problems.

I think we have to seek a more effective way of both sides.

388192[/snapback]

Nono... don't get me wrong. I own club shirts, and continue to buy new ones.

I just don't like the way they've looked since Kappa and would rather express my support in a different manner.

Anyone who does anything to promote Blackburn Rovers is a fan by me.

DP, go ahead, do what you want, let the football supporting public of Texas know about the Rovers. You never know, there maybe that billionaire waiting to invest in Ewood round the next oilwell. He/she may be inspired by your devotion.

Onepost, you weren't on the turps yeasterday by any chance?

May I welcome you to the mills, street corners, back alleys, lures, snares and dives of Blackburn.

388253[/snapback]

Been there, done that.

Do you want to add the beauty of the Ribble valley, the History of Ribchester, or of Blackburn itself, or to display the squalor of your own existence?

I added the last bit to extract a reply.

Why? Because if you can't see the better part of where you live, you'll never see the best of anything.

Drifty,

Have a look at

The Old Fashioned Football Shirt company

I can vouch for the quality, they are really good, and if it's as hot in Texas as I am lead to beleive, these cotton shirts will be a lot more comfortable than the rayon/nylon replicas.

388170[/snapback]

Colin, I think Mrs. American might be very angry that you ever posted that once I've gone and bought them all!!

Got one of their Cosmos shirts (ironic I had to get a shirt of an American club when I was in London) and besides the collar not being easy to straighten, it's top quality.

Colin, I think Mrs. American might be very angry that you ever posted that once I've gone and bought them all!!

Got one of their Cosmos shirts (ironic I had to get a shirt of an American club when I was in London) and besides the collar not being easy to straighten, it's top quality.

388314[/snapback]

Go the whole hog and have a look at Grasshoppers in Switzerland too. You might as well sleep on the sofa for four shirts as five biggrin.gif

388314[/snapback]

Okay, does anyone else think the colors are reversed on this shirt?

Thanks for the heads up!

And yes, it is indeed as hot here as you've been led to believe.  It hit 30.5 C here today. In summer the papers keep running totals for how many days it hits over 100 F.  I think last year we hit something like 23 days in a row for it.  It's brutal in the heat.

388181[/snapback]

as long as your not a faider or chef !!!!!!!!!!!!1

Okay, does anyone else think the colors are reversed on this shirt?

388954[/snapback]

Possibly a mirror image photo? Anyhoo, Cletus posted this some time ago

football kits

The mnemonic is "since 1938 the white has been on the right"

Edited by colin

Possibly a mirror image photo? Anyhoo, Cletus posted this some time ago

football kits

The mnemonic is "since 1938 the white has been on the right"

389196[/snapback]

If that really is a semi-England patch, it's not a reverse pic - the shirt description is wrong. It says it's worn into the 50s, but it must be a pre-38 shirt.

Weird.

Why did we switch sides in 38?

Why did we switch sides in 38?

The impending war in europe made left hand sided white cloth more expensive than left hand sided blue cloth.....& so the switch was made. dry.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.