BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Are We Going To Raid The Relegated Clubs?

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only just saw that, and had to comment:

What do J Cole, M Carrick, G Johnson, J Defoe, F Kanoute, England's David James and Trevor Sinclair have in common?

389307[/snapback]

They all have at least one vowel in their name?

They all have at least one vowel in their name?

389445[/snapback]

smile.gif

All down with the Hammers in 2003, hence my surprise at philipl's statement regarding relegated clubs and the crapness of their players.

Edited by M-K

I think that with some clubs there are obviously some very crap players but there are also some really good ones and the Whammers point, points this out. Just cause a team gets relegated doesn't mean the its players are crap. Sometimes it is a lot to do with the manager, the players he's picking, in what position, tactics etc.

LET mentiones that we are being with the out of contract in summer - Mario Melchiot - thoughts on him anyone?

389515[/snapback]

hmmm..... maybe the club are bracing themselves for a big bid for lucas ? wouldnt suprise me.

the LET isnt that reliable a source and you never usually hear about any of MH's signings before they're done (to stop vultures pinching em).

his age and wages worry me, squad player only.

wouldnt touch forsell. he looked good before he got a contract but, whether it's inj. or laziness, he doesnt look up to it.

look no further than benni.

Edited by pleasure

Now don't jump on me here, it's not that I've ever really studied him or anything but I was under the impression that Melchiot was a bit, well, er, rubbish? Anyone else of this opinion or have I called this all wrong?

Oh and Hello Sam!

Now don't jump on me here, it's not that I've ever really studied him or anything but I was under the impression that Melchiot was a bit, well, er, rubbish? Anyone else of this opinion or have I called this all wrong?

Oh and Hello Sam!

389546[/snapback]

He's errrrr, a bit slow. sad.gif As was highlighted on MOTD lately. In fact he was that slow, Lineker couldn't hide how "unusually" slow he was.

hmmm..... maybe the club are bracing themselves for a big bid for lucas ? wouldnt suprise me.

the LET isnt that reliable a source and you never usually hear about any of MH's signings before they're done (to  stop vultures pinching em).

his age and wages worry me, squad player only.

wouldnt  touch forsell. he looked good before he got a contract but, whether it's inj. or laziness, he doesnt look up to it.

look no further than benni.

389542[/snapback]

While thinking about it the idea of Lua Lua has grown on me. I am increasingly of the opinion that he would be a better signing than Benni, and cheaper to if Portsmouth go down.

Lua Lua at Rovers, do we really want him. A Pompey supporting mate of mine said he has been shocking this season when he has played but then again he is playing a crap Pompey side.

Benni yes i would take instead but he's playing at Porto.

As for Mario, if he is being lined up like i said earlier, i think it would be because a bigger club is going to come after Lucas, who could blame them for coming after him. I'd rather we kept Lucas but Mario is not a bad larker, has a good first touch and doesn't shirk a challenge. But he has nothing on Lucas IMO.

I know I got the Wham relegation side quoted at me (they went down with a Prem record high 42 points) but I'll repeat that relegated clubs usually go down because the players as a whole are not good enough to sustain Premiership football.

Lua Lua is a case in point- apart from having extremely limited European experience, he is playing in a team which has scored 18 goals (the lowest in the Prem) and accumulated 18 points from 28 games. In most Premiership seasons without Sunderland in the division that would have Pompey plumb bottom now.

John Williams has said that Rovers will only look to pay transfer fees for players who would strengthen the first team.

Which player(s) in the bottom three clubs would undisputably walk into the Rovers first team displacing all current contenders at Rovers for his place in this Saturday's starting XI?

I cannot think of any except perhaps Chris Sutton in place of Pongo and he's not allowed for other reasons- even Dunn would be a question mark.

Edited by philipl

OK , tomorrow's starting line-up includes Pennant Arca Forrsell and Lua Lua.

Presumably you are dropping Bellamy and Pongo. One of Bentley or MGP makes way for Pennant and Gray goes for Arca.

I would guess perhaps fewer than 5% of the posters on this board think you have strengthened the team.

OK , tomorrow's starting line-up includes Pennant Arca Forrsell and Lua Lua.

Presumably you are dropping Bellamy and Pongo. One of Bentley or MGP makes way for Pennant and Gray goes for Arca.

I would guess perhaps fewer than 5% of the posters on this board think you have strengthened the team.

389663[/snapback]

Don't be silly Phillipl. He means that either Foresell or Lua Lua would play in place of Pongo, and Pennant would play on the right and Arca at left back. All seem accurate suggestions to me apart from Forsell who is very poor at the moment. Saying that though I think Hughes would have taken Forsell over Pogo if he had been available on loan.

Lots of good players have been relegated Phil.

lua-lua has had a lot of personal problems with the death of his father.

i don't think he will relish playing in the championship and playing at fratton park that donkey bell would of done me head in by now!!

maybe a fresh start is what he needs like bentley for example biggrin.gif

I think Lua Lua is too similar to bellamy and i dont think he would improve us! He would be a decent squad player though.

Id like us to look at either someone in the mold of Beattie, or maybe someone like Benni McCarthy.

Everyone in this thread seems to have overlooked Upson imo. Our defence can be good at times, but if we stick with Andy Todd we are not going to progress like we are all aspiring to. He tries hard, but basically he is just not a good enough player to cope with the premiership week in week out. With upson on sum large wages aswell I'd expect a big clear out at birmingham. With him harbouring England ambitions not so long ago i'm pretty sure, although he appears professional he would want back into the premiership.

I've always thought Arca was a class act - if he can play at left back then get him in definitely, but with Upson, i'm sure there would be competition.

As for Dunn, ill reserve judgement. Great player, great injury record. I'm not going to openly advocate him coming back, but if the managemnt decided that is what would be best for Blackburn then I'd be more than happy to see him in a rovers tinykit.gif again

I BLOODY HOPE BIRMINGHAM GO DOWN, I REALLY DO biggrin.gif

Everyone in this thread seems to have overlooked Upson imo.  Our defence can be good at times, but if we stick with Andy Todd we are not going to progress like we are all aspiring to. He tries hard, but basically he is just not a good enough player to cope with the premiership week in week out.  I BLOODY HOPE BIRMINGHAM GO DOWN, I REALLY DO  biggrin.gif

389732[/snapback]

Eh?

He's been one of our best players in most of our matches this season!

ok...let me pose you a question. Despite what you say do u think sticking with Todd is the best way for our club to progress? and do you think he is better than Upson?

I'm not denying hes been good, hes turned his career around under Hughes. But for me the fact remains that depite this there is definitely a better option available in Upson

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.