BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Are We Going To Raid The Relegated Clubs?

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mirko Vucinic of Lecce is highly rated... and he's quality on FM. Might be worth a look.

393838[/snapback]

Agree, young powerfull striker and great on FM tongue.gif This aint a computer game though, and he's only scored once this season for Lecce.

What about prolific 5 goal a season strikers from Serie B, who couldn't cut it in the Serie A?

I saw a video of Corado Garribaldi and he plays with his socks rolled down so must be good. a 6 million bid should do the trick.

ST-Emile Heskey-only if he would come on the cheap wages and transfer fee and would be willing to warm the bench as a replacement for Kuqi.

After yesterday's performance against Utd, we shouldnt go near Heskey. Who heard the commentator say "he'd only scored once in his previous 18 games"? Dreadful.

I can't think of anyone from those French who would really be a good shout for our team. Though for any FM lovers out there Farnerud plays for Strasbourg and maybe could be an option to play on the right for us. Some of the Swedes might know more about him than I do though.

393830[/snapback]

Pontus Farnerud is a close friend of mine. I would say his brother, Alexander (also at Strasbourg) is probably the more talented of the two but I doubt either of them are suited for the Premiership.

If we're looking at Swedish players in the French league, Kallstrom (mid) and Isaksson (gk) would be my pick.

I think the odd relegation haunted player will do us good. There are good players playing down there even though their team'soverall standard is not up to it.

Pennant is a good player but the lad is a complete head the ball. He doesn't have all his marbles and is liable to go bananas if he ever ends up in East Lancs: too much of a fishbowl for him. I'm afraid he will go down as one of many who had great potential but couldn't cope with it. I seem to remember after his drink drive case that Steve Bruce was pulling at the public's heartstrings saying that he (Pennant not Bruce) grew up in a broken home and can barely read. This type of upbringing added to a pot of hero worship and money can only have disasterous results.

We don't need Upson, even though he isn't bad. Haskey is a carthorse these days. 5 years ago we should have snatched him, but not now.

Pompey is full of cast offs, maybe's, contract wanting players, and the odd home grown player who could do a job; Davis and the bloke who scored the free kick against us in January.

Ellington could be Dickov's replacement if he is cheap enough. But if the rumours are true and Neill is going to AC Milan in a mega money move we could snap up Albrectson (sic?) from West Brom. When I have seen him he has been great.

As for the misfit Euro league players; No chance. Rovers got their fingers well and truly burnt with "Junior" Grabbi, the bad taste is still there from De Pedro, and Gresko will wind a few up too. Lecce strikers? Balkan Players? Please.

Just saw the teams in the last positions in those leagues plus the german and the portuguese league tongue.gif

Here's some that rovers coult check out:

Germany

Köln:

Lukas Podolski, 20 years old striker

Kaiserlautern:

Carsten Janker, 31 years old striker

Wolfsburg:

Kevin Hoffland, 26 years old defender

Italy

Udinese:

Iaquinta, 26 years old striker

Spain

Real Sociedad:

Kovacevic, 32 years old striker

Nihat, 26 years old striker

Portugal

Vitoria Guimaraes:

Saganowski, 27 years old striker

Lets see what the world cup brings...sure that the Permiership will be flooded by players in the limelight of the world stage....If we dont benefit from them , then maybe we will from clubs offloading to bring the "new" superstars in...

I hate the World Cup'/ International Championships for scouting purposes, just look at Baros and Diouf. Milan took the golden boot home from the Euros (I think) and El Spitto looked like a world beater for Senegal in the World Cup. As it's turned out they're both average Premiership players, but both have moved clubs for in excess of £5m - not that the talent isn't there, but the application is questionable.

Lukas Podolski i think thats along shot would cost at least 7 million and would be our best player think he will go to bayern or somewhere in itally.

if we are going to spend about 7 million then john carew would be a better option

You won't have to pay 7 million for Carew, but he's playing for Lyon. Ligue 1 champions and guaranteed champions league, he might want to leave because of the premiership being a better league but we'd have to offer him a good wage packet.

As for Kallstrom and Isaksson well they are both good young players who could fit into our team. Rennes are a club who would probably be quite willing to sell, they are 5th in the table and could end up finishing anywhere from 3rd-13th, though most likely they'll be in the top half from 5th-8th. Kallstrom is being heavily linked to a move to Scotland to join Le Guen at Rangers, if he's willing to move there then I'm sure he'd be interested in a move to us.

They would both be players I'd look at, one as a possible solution in the centre of midfield and the other a good young keeper to take over from Freidel.

I hate the World Cup'/ International Championships for scouting purposes, just look at Baros and Diouf. Milan took the golden boot home from the Euros (I think) and El Spitto looked like a world beater for Senegal in the World Cup. As it's turned out they're both average Premiership players, but both have moved clubs for in excess of £5m - not that the talent isn't there, but the application is questionable.

393914[/snapback]

Turning the tables around, maybe we will be able to get 10m each for Emo and Lucas if they do put in 2 or 3 good performances at the World Cup. biggrin.gif

Eddie, what do you think of Pauleta?

Would he be any good in PL?

393930[/snapback]

Personally, I don't rate Pauleta too highly. I think he at one time may have been good enough for the Premiership, but now, as he is coming towards the end of his career could not handle the pace and physical side of the game in England. I also don't think he is the type of player we would want anyway.

• 1 month later...

Apart from Pennant, I think the other player worth considering at Birmingham by Hughes is Neil Kilkenny. A technically gifted central midfielder with a lot to learn but with good potential. Althought Tugay will be at Rovers for another year - surely he'll play less games than ever.

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.