BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers 3 Middlesbrough 2

Maybe for you stu but it isn't nice to have your support and contribution to the club questioned. As the topic had continued onto the same page I posted on I considered it fair enough to continue it. If you aren't interested then when you see where the post is going simply scroll down or go to a different topic.

392731[/snapback]

Im interested in discussions about the match, not about people who come or don't come.

And the title appears to be "Rovers 3 Middlesbrough 2"

Not "can you compare a foreign supporter to an actual attendee"

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

there is a massive difference between those local fans who don't go and those exiled fans that can't go - in our case down here the difference is probably about 10,500miles. see those who live locally and/or within a 50 mile radius from ewood park is far easier for them to get get to the games, especially when we play at home. those fans who call themselves rovers fans, but yet would rather spend their hard earned down the local instead of CONTRIBUTING to the club....it is logistcally possible for them to be be, but for us down here...not so. see we need to book holidays off work, save somewhere in the region of $4000 and that would get us, what, say 2 weeks over there maximum.

another difference is that those who live in the local area don't need to ask for time off work to go and see the lads, theyn don't need inordinate amount of cash either. me personally, when we won the worthington cup, i quit my job and flew home to england for a few years and the only reason i did it, was so i could see my team playing on the biggest stage of all....european competition. now i would say that is a fair contribution

You constantly harp on about us contributing nothing.

In reality you know sweet FA about what we contribute.

392956[/snapback]

OK then truth or dare.

If I reveal as close as is genuinely possible what monies I hand to BRFC every season will you do the same SAR? Hand on heart time! That should stop all 'snideyness' don't you think?

It's your call. rover.gif

Maybe a good exercise for all whilst we are at it eh? thumbs-up.gif

OK then truth or dare.

If I reveal as close as is genuinely possible what monies I hand to BRFC every season

What do you want, a medal ?, the Fan of the year award ??

Its a bloody internet messageboard where Rovers fans from anywhere can get together and discuss Rovers. Not a competition to prove one fan does more than any other.

OK then truth or dare.

If I reveal as close as is genuinely possible what monies I hand to BRFC every season will you do the same SAR?  Hand on heart time!  That should stop all 'snideyness' don't you think?

It's your call.   rover.gif

Maybe a good exercise for all whilst we are at it eh?  thumbs-up.gif

393081[/snapback]

Go on then, you first.......

Edited by dave birch

OK then truth or dare.

If I reveal as close as is genuinely possible what monies I hand to BRFC every season will you do the same SAR?  Hand on heart time!  That should stop all 'snideyness' don't you think?

It's your call.  rover.gif

393081[/snapback]

Now you're just getting childish, thenodrog.

Does it not register that it will cost more for a foreign fan to get to ONE game than you spend on you season ticket alone.

And since only the ticket price get back to the club, does that make that fan any less of a fan?

OK then truth or dare.

It's your call.  rover.gif

393081[/snapback]

I reckon SteB hits the nail on the head.

Perhaps you and Rev can share the supporter of the year award.

However, what I contribute to the Rovers is shared between me and a select few on here. What I hand over is absolutley none of your business.

However sleep well in the knowledge I hand over a few hard earned dollars. tinykit.gif

You constantly harp on about us contributing nothing.

In reality you know sweet FA about what we contribute.

So kindly desist from your snide comments smile.gif

392956[/snapback]

What do you want, a medal ?, the Fan of the year award ??

Its a bloody internet messageboard where Rovers fans from anywhere can get together and discuss Rovers.  Not a competition to prove one fan does more than any other.

393085[/snapback]

Now I realise that you want to protect the integrity of this mb Steb but no need to get all stroppy. I was only responding to the above post from Don.

btw now you mention it I wouldn't mind a medal though......... if you could manage to smell my name porperly.

1.  Lee bangs on about low attendances stiffing our chances of signing top players in the close season on the official site.  Fine.......but it's not that is it Lee?  The problem is income.  Income is linked to attendance but not joined at the hip.  Rovers need money first and support second.  What about you exiles getting together and being regular sponsors of kit / match balls / kids for a quid etc?  You might not make much difference........ or you might make a lot BUT surely you'll feel better.  Or am I being naive? huh.gif 

2. Whatever you all say I know that Rev works all kinds of unsociable hours in order to chuck about £500 (after tax!) the way of Blackburn Rovers every single season!  What do you lot contribute in financial terms?  Let me guess at Sweet FA!....... apart from maybe the token purchase of a Rovers shirt for the latest family addition.  tinykit.gif .  Judging by your number of posts you all make you must get something from being a member of the Rovers supporters (albeit passive), you appear to watch most matches too so why you can you be so selfish to leave financing it all to the likes of us lot over here?  When Rovers inevitably succumb to the forces of gravity it wont be your fault will it? You didn't go anyway!  It's the fault of those other selfish gits who actually live in Blackburn and who have given over going!         

Remember support does not just mean jumping up and down and singing in the Blackburn End with your mates, it runs much deeper.  When this site asked for donations I sent a cheque for £25 (accepted that was ages ago and nobody seems to ask anymore unsure.gif ).  The point is that if you want to feel a part of something then support it financially or one day it wont be there.  Simple as.

391797[/snapback]

Now you're just getting childish, thenodrog.

Does it not register that it will cost more for a foreign fan to get to ONE game than you spend on you season ticket alone.

And since only the ticket price get back to the club, does that make that fan any less of a fan?

393092[/snapback]

I dont think you have been keeping up rainmaker have you? rolleyes.gif

Anyway tell you what ........ have you not considered simply sending the club the cost of the airline ticket every year then? Would help BRFC no end and would certainly help save your forests and stop your fiords from filling up. thumbs-up.gif

Now I realise that you want to protect the integrity of this mb Steb but no need to get all stroppy.  I was only responding to the above post from Don. 

btw now you mention it I wouldn't mind a medal though......... if you could manage to smell my name porperly.

393335[/snapback]

Lol. biggrin.gif

Do you still have that trophy or did you ever collect it?

What smells about the name Thenodrog???

Edited by SouthAussieRover

Incidentally, O'Brien of Bolton has just raised his hand above his head to knock the ball away, in his own area.

The ref gave the penalty, but no card whatsoever. Sorry for going on, but it still annoys me, the sheer inconsistency of referees. It shouldn't be difficult to sort out - is hand ball a definate card? They don't blummin know the answers themselves.

Numpties.

That should be a red if it prevented a goal scoring chance or a yellow otherwise.

393596[/snapback]

That can't be right Philipl. Otherwise why wasn't Drogba booked for the hand ball that saw his recent goal disallowed?

What I want to know is, what are the refs told?

Incidentally, O'Brien of Bolton has just raised his hand above his head to knock the ball away, in his own area.

The ref gave the penalty, but no card whatsoever. Sorry for going on, but it still annoys me, the sheer inconsistency of referees. It shouldn't be difficult to sort out - is hand ball a definate card? They don't blummin know the answers themselves.

Numpties.

393593[/snapback]

Between the Devil and the deep blue sea.

People want consistency and common sense at the same time, the ref that sent Savage off was a plonker and created the problem hyped up by the media.

Last month offside’s, last week Handballs, this week simulation, next week something else.... its just adds to the entertainment however unpalatable... my opinion leave the refs some freedom to operate within the context of the game they are reffing...

After all I'm convinced none of them deliberately cheat (they are influenced but that’s not the same), the hard and fast directives have only created confusion and ruined some games with unnecessary red cards.

Sorry den, I got it wrong. It used to be the case that a caution was mandatory but not any longer. Makes Savage's card v Boro even more puzzling doesn't it?

393606[/snapback]

That's a good find Philipl. So really, the only time a hand ball should warrant a card, is if it is preventing a goalscoring opportunity.

Proof that Sav was very badly treated?

my opinion leave the refs some freedom to operate within the context of the game they are reffing...

393608[/snapback]

They shouldn't need any freedom for the hand ball decisions. Stick to the rules, in this case a simple rule, or be inconsistent.

When the Rovers are pulled up before the FA at the end of the year for disciplinary reasons, I hope they take the Opta tables of fouls and hand balls etc with them.

Whilst it will need a few more Liverpool derby type games (Everton 8 yellow and 1 red!) to rob us of the bad boys spot on cards given, I wouldn't mind betting that our ratio of cards per infringement is easily the highest in the Prem and that we will end the season fairly middling on number infringements committed.

That said, I bet Rovers v Chelsea will be tasty on the card count.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.