BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers 3 Middlesbrough 2

How can the gate be accurate ?? the electronic card scanning system packed up at 2.45 at both ends of the Riverside and the stewards opened the emergency gates and let everyone pile in.

391624[/snapback]

They packed in at the Blackburn end as well. I think today's gate needs to be taken with a pinch of salt. The stadium was looking very empty at KO time but filled out a lot after about 15 mins. Possibly should have delayed the KO due to the number of fans still outside.

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why? A deliberate hand ball is a cautionable offence. Chris Foy had no no option but to dismiss Savage.

391631[/snapback]

You might be right John, but was the first foul even a booking?

Excellent win though, we are so lucky to have Bellamy rolleyes.gif

[quote

He must view that booking after the match and take it back.

Why? A deliberate hand ball is a cautionable offence. Chris Foy had no no option but to dismiss Savage.

391631[/snapback]

John, don't talk rubbish.

The ball was played against Savage from a short distance away and he wasn't even looking at the ball having half turned away.

As for the first foul it was a perfectly fair but hard challenge which won the ball cleanly.

What a rollercoaster ride!

Does anyone know why Bellers was wearing a black armband? And he broke down in tears after his winner!

What a man. What a player. What a coach. What character!

They better rescind the red card, but he is suspended for two games for the first yellow!

SHAME.

Bloody freezing........and a bloody big nasty black cloud

....and then the sunshone on Ewood

Rovers v Boro, a fixture that does not certainly get the hairs on ones back rising and the nerves tingling. Its fixture that has had big home defeats, teams that cant be bothered to turn up and generally has proved to be poor fayre on entertainment.

So today what happened ?

The Ewood crowd was not 18000, please dont anyone rely on it as the computerised entry system went down. A bad start after a few pre match pints. I missed the kick off by 2 minutes and was not a happy chappy like the rest who queued up at The Blackburn End.

The match ? Boro clearly came to win an open game. Both teams attacked, both teams were wide open. An entertaining game was there for the taking.

Step forward the black cloud that is the refereee. he simply contrived, on his own, to make the game a nonsense compared to his own performance. The clown should be ashamed. The supporters who entered Ewood (finally) were there to watch 22 footballers NOT the one single muppet on show.

Rovers take the lead TWICE and are comfortably ahead at the break. 2-1 with offerings of better football in the second half.

Early in the second half the main man enters a world of his own. I cant think it would have been more than 9 minutes, two bookings and for WHAT exactly and the man every other supporter loves to hate is on his way to an early bath. I am still at a loss to know what offences Savo made to warrant those two cards. IMO the clown sent him off simply because his name is Robbie Savage. BTW if that second booking is handball then please feel free to come to Leyland and shoot me. Furthermore why didnt he book the fatman Viduka for his deliberate handball towards the end ?

Swiftly, Boro rally, having made 3 subs at once, and the scores are level. Rovers are up against it, 10 men against 12.

Boro were simply biding their time to put us to the sword, they were all over us as Rovers tried to stem the flood of red attacks as well has having to contend with some absolutley ridiculous refereeing decisions.

Enter a little KNIGHT in shining armour, the man to stem the flood of red shirted attacks and the man to slay the red tide.

DO NOT miss Match of the DAY or footie First.

The winning goal was pure genius.

Yes, a certain MR Shearer used to do it week in week out on the Ewood Grass until that light faded out back in 1996/1997. In a certain Mr Craig Bellamy, Blackburn Rovers have a striker of the highest quality and IMO a player who can become a much bigger hero at Ewood that Mr Shearer ever was, simply as he is the most explosive player ever to grace the Ewood turf.

A marvellous sequence of short passing led to Bellars breaking on the right, a touch, a quick look up and BANG tinykit.gif 3-2, game over and 3 points in the bag. The net bulged, Bellars kissed the turf surrounded by the surviving other 8 Rovers outfield players. The fans ecstatic, Boro deflated and The Arsenal seriously worried as the coveted 4th spot was yet again in the grasp of the men from Blackburn.

After the final whistle, I am not too sure what happened. Did Bellars upset the ref or linesclown when he knocked the ball out of their hand ?

Anyhow, Ewood rose to salute a fabulous effort from every player in Blue and White.

Another 3 points, another home win and FFS an 11th HOME win tinykit.gif . Just what do BRFC have to do to persuade another 2000 supporters into the ground ?

The team deseerve every accolade they get.

Today sees me only griping about two things concerning Rovers.

1. Brad, your postioning for the first Boro goal was poor, albeit it was a very sloppy pass in the first place form our defence.

2. When Mickey Gray is out of position, we ALWAYS concede a goal. Mickey, its time to remain on the half way line.

Oh finally, a quick mention tot he idiots who tried to ush the two stewards dealing with the disabled supporters as the turnstyles ground to a halt. Your nothing short of fools. Your outrageous behaviour could have caused one of those supporters some serious harm and you ought to be ashamed mad.gif

Edited by 1864roverite

[quote

He must view that booking after the match and take it back.

391631[/snapback]

This is the view from the BBC

"Having collected his first yellow for a foul on George Boateng on 52 minutes, Savage was then penalised for hand-ball two minutes later by referee Chris Foy - even though the ball was drilled at him from close-range."

It was never deliberate in a million years, just another faceless clown trying to make a name for himself.

How can the gate be accurate ?? the electronic card scanning system packed up at 2.45 at both ends of the Riverside and the stewards opened the emergency gates and let everyone pile in.

391624[/snapback]

the electronic entry systema also packed in in the Blackburn end but they refused to open the gates. Many grumpy fans missed the first 10 mins of the game.

Im sure it will be rescinded but the first yellow did the damage as he is suspended for the Sunderland and Wigan games.

391645[/snapback]

A chance for the Axe to come in and get some playing time.

As for the first foul it was a perfectly fair but hard challenge which won the ball cleanly.

391634[/snapback]

The first of Savage's bookings was for a 2 footed challenge, I thought. It doesn't matter if you win the ball as the challenge itself is a foul and a bookable offence. In fact your twice as likely to win the ball, if you think about it!

philipl,

I think he will be suspended for 3 games now. First he incurred two for the first yellow, then another game for the red.

Or am I wrong?

391654[/snapback]

Confirmed on the official site- getting the second yellow reduced his ban to one game but he remains dangling on 9 yellows and one yellow away from a two match ban.

There are no appeals for yellow cards so the double yellow equals red stands.

As I've said before, successfully appealing one of the yellows simply doubles his immediate suspension.

Edited by philipl

If the attendance is to be believed then even the official site's match report ends with the lines "So once again Rovers have underlined their great potential with another impressive home performance, the only disappointment on the day was that there wasn't more home fans to witness the victory."

• Backroom

I was one who crawled under the turnstile in the JW and was confronted by a steward who said "You can't do that!!".. I said "I just did, are you going to send me back out then?" and walked past him... I got to my seat AFTER kick-off. If there was a problem with all the turnstiles - why was the K.O. not delayed???? typical bloody Rovers! crap on the fans as usual.

As for Robbies sending off- the lad looked distraught! and I'm not surprised, how can that t%%t of a ref have given hand ball for the second yellow when Robbie had his back to the play and his hands down by his side???? beggars belief!!

Bellamy was on fire today! what a finisher that guy is!

Onwards and upwards lads tongue.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.