BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers 3 Middlesbrough 2

Bought a ticket for a friend at the TO before the match, then walked to the Darwen End.

Massive queues all round the game due to gate failures, and I as surprised the game kicked off at 3.00.

Like 1864 said, Bellamy is quickly becoming the new Shearer. The mans a genius. I almost felt sorry for him playing in our side. His all round game is as good as Shearers, and I really beleive that. The guy makes the difference to us that is astounding.

There were more than 18K on and all.

Best chant of the day from Boro fans

"Three stands, you've only got three stands..."

Followed by

"Three stands, and a bus shelter, three stands, and a bus shelter..."

biggrin.gif

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just got back from the match! Bellers was fantastic!

The savage cards.... The first was deserved, a two footed takle wether you get the ball or not is a yellow card.

The second... Harsh, he was side on and had hi hand out! could easily be seen as deliberate, but from I was sat (Blackburn end lower) it was debatable! then again it was a big spread fingered hand that hit the ball,, his reation may have had more to do with the card.

Still a great performance... go down to ten concead an equalizer and still win!!! Well in the lads! biggrin.gif

Bellamy comes out of this game with all the plaudits, all of which deserved in my opinion, the guy is worldclass.

I however must pay tribute to Gamst. In the past I have said how I would snap a buyers hand off for a decent price, but now I am changing my mind. Like Bellars he is instrumental to Rovers' cause. Fair play to him, he's great.

Bellamy was a pleasure to watch today.

I'm not particularly bothered that only 18,000 or so people turned up because those who used to come (excluding those that can't afford the tickets or are abroad) and now aren't seriously cant consider themselves as true supporters!

BTW

2 previews by me, 2 wins! Norwich (h) and Middlesbrough (h) 100% record

When was the last time Rovers scored the game winner short handed with ten men as today?We may well look back at this game as a great turning point for this team.Think of it,how many Rover teams of yesteryear showed this much determination to win?This is a fun bunch to follow tinykit.gif

Florida Rover

Just watching MOTD, Butt has handled the ball pretty much on the goalline. Very similar incident to Savage (though nowhere near as threatening); one gets a second yellow, the other a corner - such inconsistency.....and people wonder why referees are abused.

Edited by Exiled_Rover

3-1

Bellamy Pederson Savage

Viduka (to start getting goals quite frequently which will carry into the World Cup)

Hopefully a good crowd. Surely the town know about the challenge of Europe and can get out and support the team.

390493[/snapback]

Gee i wasn't too far off with my prediction.

GREAT WIN!!!!!

Would of been great if Tottenham or Bolton lost.

But the Dingles did and hopefully either Millwall or Brighton can make a run to send Burnley down.

It seems the better we get, the worse the crowd becomes. How many Boro fans there today? More to the point, how many folk watching live feeds in local hostelries?

391627[/snapback]

And how many folk pontificating from abroad ?

Stop complaining, jump on the next £15 flight from Malta and get to Ewood.

Savage red card was harsh, real harsh.

Freidel poor on both goals, but awesome from Viduka header.

I say again, Bellamy is the new Shearer. £15M worth of striker.

391712[/snapback]

You're missing an asterisk there - when healthy.

Friedel's going downhill quite rapidly, but he's still better than anybody else we'll probably get, which just goes to show how good he used to be!

because some fans cannot afford the ticket price this make them not true fans, I think not, will the club pay the fans bills? once again I think not.

A great game to watch and another three points nice on lads

That was a fantastic result for us today! We showed what a good side we are, by beating a team who had just knocked Roma out of the Uefa Cup and doing it with a man less for a lot of the game. Bellamy is on fire at the moment and I wouldn't be surprised if loads of teams are sniffing around him during the summer. Both his goals were class and it shows what a difference he makes to our team when he plays.

Savages red card was so harsh and I'd say he'd have a good chance of getting that overturned. Freidal should have saved the first goal, but made it for it with a wonderful save from a Viduka header. Their second goal came from bad defending, two men marking the same man and allowing the right back to break free. Reid seemed to play well and Emerton linked up well with play and looked good. We still have a good chance of getting Champions League football, but we have to keep our good form going and not drop points that we should be winning.

It was a comment about him being grumpy, but you'll troll a reply out of anything.

Well Done Johnny.

391557[/snapback]

And mine was a comment about your hypocrisy.

Keep up the good work Nick.

18681 Sad but true : rolleyes.gif

Where is the supporters in Blackburn when Rovers have home match?

I can't believe this, we fight even position number four. And people are somewhere else than match.

I remember when I see one document Rovers supporters about four years ago. There told so that Rovers supporters are one of the most loyals supporters in Premier. I can't agree this now.

Wake up people! Now Rovers needs all support. tinykit.gif

Sav misses just one game. Rather chuffed that I suggested it could be 3-2 to the Rovers.

Well done jim- there's a reply to your's and Revidge's posts somewhere back in this thread.

On the official thread, a certain Mr Grooby has this to say:

"Does the town deserve a team as high in the league table as they've got?

"Sub 19000 doesn't allow us to compete in the transfer market. When the undoubted threads start at the end of the season about "How much have we got to spend?" remember that our attendences are down so much that any rise in the league table is taking away our spending power."

He also goes onto say that the attendance figure is actual bodies in the ground and that he didn't know the turnstiles broke down.

On that basis, 18,681 must be the figure at 2.45 and will exclude everybody whose tickets were not scanned.

Edited by philipl

Savages red card was so harsh and I'd say he'd have a good chance of getting that overturned.

391730[/snapback]

A zero chance, its two yellows which cannot be overturned.

Means he is dangling on 9 yellows still, and will face a two match suspension sooner or later. Unless he can last until 9th April ( i think) which is the deadline for cumulative suspensions to kick in.

Edited by stuwilky

Bellamy deserves all the plaudits: as good a performance as I've seen by a Rovers forward since Shearer. I think Steven Reid deserves a mention too. He put in a magnificent display yesterday, including prompting Hughes to reorganise the midfield after the third goal. As the Rovers players jogged back to thie own half to restart play Reid was shouting across to the bench and gesturing with four fingers. Rovers then switched from 4-3-2, to 4-4-1 and looked a lot more solid for the remainder of the game.

I watched the highlights last night on Sky. We were pretty poor at the back (I'm not quite sure how Viduka managed to score) but we showed brilliant character to haul ourselves back into the game.

Bellamy's finishes were top class. He's on fire at the moment and the main reason for our elevated status. Indeed his general play and contribution to the team is excellent. Good win.

Why are people intent on making me feel guilty because people don't turn up to matches? sad.gif

Keeping on about it on the message board is not really going to help. Get out there and encourage others to come!

Cracking match yesterday, well done lads, could have done without the ref's shennanigans though!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.