BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] General Horse Racing Thread

BEEF??

Giving it a miss myself this year as well. Great fun whichever way though - and I'm sure I'll manage to stick to my other tradition of losing hundreds of pounds.

Right then. Just had a nice look through tommorows card and here's my first day selections.

First race a little EW on Tipperary All Stars. Currently 20/1

Second race Fair Along. Currently 100/30 which I think is a decent price for a C&D winner whose unbeaten over fences and has already beat his main market rival, albeit receiving weight.

Champion Hurdle I've already backed Hardy Eustace at 5/1. He's still available at 7/2 so I think I'll make him my big bet tommorow. I know he's getting on a bit but Brave Inca is out of form and on Decembers running I'm fairly confident he'll beat Detroit City this time. Last year he was reported to have had problems all season and still came 3rd.

Fourth race Juveigner and maybe Heez a Dreamer

Wasn't going to bother having a bet in the last race but as Gracechurch is 110/1 on Betfair I've risked a whole £1.50 on him to win.

Anyone else got any fancies tommorow. If you have stick them on here and lets all have a laugh at each other losing dosh. Good luck and enjoy. :rover:

Not that bad actually mate. Won £105.25 on the placepot to a £32 stake (see receipt below , I've had to post it on another forum after being accused of aftertiming! Cheeky gits) Had Juveigner not got beat by a nose I'd have been quite up. As it was I'm about £15 in profit.

I've already had a look through tommorows card. I'll post my picks up in a mo.

Date & time:2007-03-13 13:44:51
Bet type:TOTE_UPLP
Stake:£32.00
Stake per line:£0.50
Refund:£0.00
Winnings:£105.25
Settled:Y
Leg type:W
Number of selections:12
Number of legs:6
Number of lines:64
Number of lines void:0
Number of lines won:1
Number of lines lost:63

In the first novice hurdle I'm looking at My Turn Now e/w.

Second race I think and hope Denman will win. I should have backed him as my mate has rode him and has been on about him for 2 years now. However all the price has gone so I'll leave alone at 11/8. If i have an interest bet it might be on Gazzas Girl to place at 9/1

Champion Chase I'd have liked Nickname but it's dried a bit too much so I'll leave alone.

Powerstation and Nation State in the fourth

Fifth is an amateur race which I don't normally back in. An interest bet would be maybe Lou du Moulin Mas but I'll have a closer look tomorrow.

Leaving the last alone as there's little to go on.

Don't think I'll be backing anything majorly tommorow though (unlike hardy Eustace today :angry: ).

Could do with some rain for the beef.

Bet receipt
Bet: P/0291137/0000661

Date & time:2007-03-14 13:51:41
Bet type:TOTE_UPLP
Stake:£43.20
Stake per line:£0.30
Refund:£0.00
Winnings:£691.65
Settled:Y
Leg type:W
Number of selections:14
Number of legs:6
Number of lines:144
Number of lines void:0
Number of lines won:1
Number of lines lost:143

A bigger placepot. Nice :brfc:

Not actually backing any winners, just a lot of places so far. These placepots are worth investing in though. About £880,000 in the pot both days this week. Even if a lot of favs place its still pays a few bob.

Quicky:-

Limited Edition & New Little brik

Our Vic

Black Jack Win & Temoin to place

Vodka Bleu

LAY Gungadu

Mololith , Material World , Kadoun

Be interesting to see how Rhinestone Cowboy goes in the last tommorow. Off track for nigh on 3 years after looking the best young staying hurder around. Disappointing return earlier this season but this is the first time he's got his proper ground. 14/1 now, would have been about 2/1 for this in 2004.

Edit at 4.20pm. No placepot to save me today. Now added Material World and Kadoun to my last race selections. Can back a few in that as it's 12/1 the field.

Edited by Hasta

Worst day so far on Thursday. Pity I didnt have the placepot today £8,800 for a £1 stake!

Final Day picks.

Degas Art & Katchit

Flight leader

Control Man E/W

Ursis & Saintsaire

Arcalis & Trouble at Bay E/W @ 100/1 :blink:

Edited by Hasta

2-00 Cheltenham J C B Triumph Hurdle Degas Art @ 9.00

2-35 Cheltenham Brit Insurance Novices Hurdle Wichita Lineman @ 2.50

3-15 Cheltenham Totesport Cheltenham Gold Cup Exotic Dancer @ 5.00

4-00 Cheltenham Christie's Foxhunter Steeple Chase Whyso Mayo @ 3.75

4-40 Cheltenham Johnny Henderson Grand Annual Borora @ 51.00

5-20 Cheltenham Vincent O' Brien County Handicap Hurdle New Field @ 21.00

Well I got my free fiver up to about £37, now on the 5.20 I've got bets on Ouninpohja to win at 5/1, Maralan e/w at 33/1, Arcalis e/w and The Spoonplayer e/w at 100/1.

Come on!

Also, I was feeling a bit lucky today and rang up a few times for the Deal Or No Deal phone-in competition and was successful in the end. Now I thought they announced the winner at the end of the show, but I don't think they did at 5pm. Anyone know if the show is repeated where they announce the winner?

Katchit and Ursis put me slightly in profit for today. Also won £30 on the quadpot. Probably somewhere in the region of £300 up for the week despite only having 1 winner.

Off skiing tommorow so it pays for the flight and accomidation! :tu:

Only 4 weeks to go to Aintree!

Edited by Hasta

• 9 months later...

Not quite Cheltenham yet but I am getting excited about seeing the two greatest staying chasers of this generation run over the festive period.

First Gold-Cup winning Kauto Star in the King George on Boxing Day.

Then Denman in the Lexus chase on Friday. Denman has come along way since LDRover and I lost quite a bit on him nearly two years ago (see page 1 of thread) in what has been his only defeat. His win a few weeks ago in the Hennessy Gold Cup at Newbury off top weight in deteriorating soft ground was the best chase performances in a handicap I've ever witnessed.

It would be great for the sport if they were both to win and turn up to face each other at Cheltenham in March.

Edited by Hasta

• 2 months later...

Let's get this thread back up to the top in anticipation of next week.

The ideal Gold Cup scenario is set for Friday with Kauto Star, Denman and not forgetting Exotic Dancer all lining up.

I've got two Ante Post bets on so far - Moon Over Miami EW on Tuesday and The Tother One EW on Friday.

Biggest worry at the moment is whether the gale-force winds coming tomorrow cause any havoc to the rest of the week.

Just hope that Katchit can prevail in the Champion Hurdle, must have a chance. Also quite interested in Straw Bear at a price...have a feeling the Irish might just get turned over in this one.

Can only be Kauto Star in the Gold Cup for me Hasta and his 2nd successive Betfair Million pounds. Find it hard to believe he's still odds against on Betfair - buying money for me that is.

Not really looked at the rest of the card closely yet, will get down to it tonight.

Just hope that Katchit can prevail in the Champion Hurdle, must have a chance. Also quite interested in Straw Bear at a price...have a feeling the Irish might just get turned over in this one.

I've put Katchit in a Yankee with Moon Over Miami, Albertas Run and The Tother One so I'm with you there. Straw Bear is a good shout and could have a squeak, especially with this rain.

Think I'll print Tuesdays cards off later today and go through them tonight.

I think should win the Gold Cup but I think I'll be watching rather than betting.

Here goes. I'll put Tuesdays selections up now as I'll probably not get on here tomorrow morning.

Muirhead (although the trainer says the beast hasn't been eating well since it came over from Ireland. Can't be a good thing!)

Moon Over Miami E/W

Katchit E/W (maybe a small bit on Straw Bear)

L'Ami E/W

River Laine (and a bit on Mr Crystal at 140's on BF!)

Edited by Hasta

With you on Katchit and L'ami Hasta.

Good luck to all who are playing.

EDIT - Well that's what I thought originally, ended up backing Straw Bear EW and Rippling Ring in the 2.00 for the win. I've binned L'Ami, here's hoping I don't regret it.

Edited by LDRover

After the first two races the word Hasta was a dirty one round here

Wash your mouth out :P

Not a bad first day. Should pay for day two at least. Katchit also means I've got 1 out of 2 in the Yankee up so far !

Had a look for tomorrow and I think I'll be backing.

Aigle D'Or

Albertas Run

Peacock & Mendo E/W

(Probably only have a very small bet in the others. At the moment I can't split Ornais/Over The Creek and maybe Apt Approach in the last.)

Anyone care to give a selection for the Champion Chase as I keep jumping between all four market leaders.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.