BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] General Horse Racing Thread

Anyone care to give a selection for the Champion Chase as I keep jumping between all four market leaders.

I've gone for Tamarinbleu - he should run now. I'm keeping an eye on Mansony - may be tempted in to an ew if the price stays healthy.

Having been through the card, here's what I've got tomorrow -

2:00 Holdem ew

2:35 Albertas Run

3:15 Tamarinbleu

4:00 Pyleigh Lady ew

4:40 Ornais (might go Back on Line ew if the above make the funds available!)

5:20 Corskeagh Royale ew

Hopefully that'll be enough atleast to keep me interested on Thursday.

Edited by Tugay4England

Anyone care to give a selection for the Champion Chase as I keep jumping between all four market leaders.

I fancy Voy Por Ustedes in that one. Although taking advice of me is not really the wisest option. :P

Looking forward to the Gold Cup on Friday, I reckon Denman may just do it in that one.

I fancy Voy Por Ustedes in that one. Although taking advice of me is not really the wisest option. :P

Looking forward to the Gold Cup on Friday, I reckon Denman may just do it in that one.

I bought a Pocket Computer from ebay last week and I am in the process of writing a BASIC program to predict at least each-way finishers on the Flat

but it may work for over the jumps and I may have the program wriitten by Friday, so watch this space...

Well today was a fun day. First I was on holiday today and no Cheltenham, :angry:

To make it worse I get a phone call saying there's a good chance I'll be made redundant on Friday. Great stuff.

However I set off at 6am tomorrow to Cheltenham for what is now 19 races spread over Thursday and Friday so it's not all bad news. :P

Looks like I'll have good reason to drink and gamble more!

Anyway tomorrows selections for the race I haven't already given are:-

1.40 Barbers Shop , Arturio

2.55 Racing Demon (EW)

4.05 Dont Push it

4.40 Ballyfitz and Counting House (both EW)

5.15 Burnt Oak Boy and Ma Yahaab

Nothing I really fancy though. Still waiting for Albertas Run and The Tother One for the two of my main Yankee and Antepost bets.

Good luck all those who are having a go over the next two days! Just hope this bloody weather behaves!

Sorted my picks out for tommorrow today:

1.40 - Coral Cup

County Zen E/W @ 10/1

Whispered Promises E/W @ 40/1

3.30 - Gold Cup

Denman @ 2/1

Neptune Collonges E/W @ 25/1

Edited by grizfoot

Fabulous two days. Still got shakes from the Guinness but recovered enough to type !!! Thanks to Albertas Run and BallyFity I didnt lose too much betting wise. Had my final horse gone in the Yankee mentioned above I'd have been pulling several grand on the Friday. However it wasn't to be and finished 3rd.

Denman was exceptional. I thought Kauto would win but in the end backed Denman as he was 5/2 on the tote and I just thought that was value. Only had a small bet just for the sake of it though as i felt it would be rude to go and watch the gold Cup and not have a bet on it. Got to wait 12 months again now though. :angry:

• 3 weeks later...

Who's everyone going for in the Grand National then?

I'm opting for Turko E/W and Snowy Morning E/W. Anyone's guess who's going to win really. Looks like Cloudy Lane is going to start strong favourite but anything can happen.

anyones race as usual, i'm going for

butlers cabin, Tony McCoy is on board the irish national winner.

MCKELVEY, Peter Bowen's stables are about 10 miles from my house, the horse is ready for this race. After last years national effort and the welsh seeming to be doing well this year on the sport front, chance here!

Who's everyone going for in the Grand National then?

I'm opting for Turko E/W and Snowy Morning E/W. Anyone's guess who's going to win really. Looks like Cloudy Lane is going to start strong favourite but anything can happen.

Finished 3rd was near the front all the way round. Got the amount I staked on the two horses plus a little extra.

Edited by grizfoot

MCKELVEY, Peter Bowen's stables are about 10 miles from my house, the horse is ready for this race. After last years national effort and the welsh seeming to be doing well this year on the sport front, chance here!

Look what you did :rolleyes:

I had Bewleys Berry, finished 5th I think. Tipped a couple of months back by Hasta...... :unsure:

I had Bewleys Berry, finished 5th I think. Tipped a couple of months back by Hasta...... :unsure:

At least you won't have lost as much as i did!

The really annoying thing is that I backed it antepost at 20's 18's and 16's EW. Had I backed it on the day with on t'internet I'd have got paid out EW on 5th. :angry:

I'm giving up on the horses now ............ after I've been to Newbury next Saturday. :P

Edited by Hasta

• 11 months later...
Cheltenham Festival next week. Anybody got any good tips?

The Daily Star tipster usually nets me a few quid during the Cheltenham Festival.

If any race fans are visiting Blackpool, check out The Brigadier Gerard, top racing pub behind Yates's South Shore.

Here are my selections for my Lucky63 E/W bet for what it's worth:

1:30 SUPREME NOVICES' HURDLE - Torphichen 5/1

2:05 ARKLE CHASE - Kalahari King 11/1

2:40 WILLIAM HILL HANDICAP CHASE - Nenuphar Collonges 16/1

3:20 CHAMPION HURDLE - Celestial Halo 8/1

4:00 CROSS COUNTRY CHASE - L'Ami 2/1

4:40 DAVID NICHOLSON MARES' HURDLE - Chomba Womba 7/1

Was talking to a mate about betting on the horses.

His idea is:

take a place bet for 100 units (pounds/dollars whatever) on the favourite in the first race. If it returns 1.50, you've won 50 (pound/dollars), pocket the 100 and use the 50 to bet with for the rest of the day. If it doesn't place, then go home :lol:.

I use 100 units to easily explain the theory, the return will be greater or lesser depending on the original amount bet.

Here are my selections for my Lucky63 E/W bet for what it's worth:

1:30 SUPREME NOVICES' HURDLE - Torphichen 5/1

2:05 ARKLE CHASE - Kalahari King 11/1

2:40 WILLIAM HILL HANDICAP CHASE - Nenuphar Collonges 16/1

3:20 CHAMPION HURDLE - Celestial Halo 8/1

4:00 CROSS COUNTRY CHASE - L'Ami 2/1

4:40 DAVID NICHOLSON MARES' HURDLE - Chomba Womba 7/1

Torphichen tailed off finished 9th.

Kalahari King ran on well went a close second.

Nenuphar Collonges staye don well and finished 3rd.

Celestial Halo an even closer second was leading going over the last but just got beat.

L'Ami beaten pretty well in the end but another 2nd place none the less.

Chomba Womba probably my main let down, weakened towards the finish ended up 7th.

Got about double my stake back in return so can't really grumble. If only thoose 2nd places had been first's.

Try again tommorrow.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.