BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] General Horse Racing Thread

The only winner yesterday for me was Forpadydeplasterer. Had a few places but broke just above even altogether.

Anyway today and I fancy

Wins

Can't Buy Time 13.30

Diamond Harry 14:05

What A Friend 14:40

Master Minded 15:20

Great Endeavour 4:00

e/w

Tricky Trickster 13:30

Ruthenoise 14:05

Lodge Lane 14:40

Ashley Brook 15:20

Lough Derg 4:00

Good Luck!

I won the placepot yesterday and backed ForPaddyDeplasterer so did OK but, like Grizfoot, Chomba Womba was a let down.

1.30 Kornati Kid

2.00 Diamond harry

2.40 What a Friend

4.00 The Polomoche

4.40 Balzaccio and Indian Groom

5.15 Rite of Passage (backed this weeks ago)

Don't worry, he'll get back up again....

:lol:

Denman again for me in the Gold Cup tommorrow despite his poor reappearance, he likes it round Cheltenham and if he runs to his potential he's a class above all the other runners. Good value at around 6/1 as well, E/W bet for me.

I've had no joy at all with Cheltenham this year... absolutely shocking bets!!

Just to finish it off I've backed a horse who's won me quite a bit in the past but is not a favourite for the Gold Cup. My moneys gone on Exotic Dancer.

- 1:30 JCB TRIUMPH HURDLE (GRADE 1) 2m 1f Zaynar 9 - 2 (GP) Pending

- 2:05 VINCENT O'BRIEN COUNTY HURDLE (H'CAP) 2m 1f Daves Dream 9 - 2 (GP) Pending

- 2:40 ALBERT BARTLETT NOVICES' HURDLE 3m Pride Of Dulcote 10 - 3 (GP) Pending

- 3:20 CHELTENHAM GOLD CUP CHASE 3m 2 1/2f Kauto Star 15 - 8 (GP)

- 4:00 CHRISTIE'S FOXHUNTER CHASE 3m 2 1/2f Cappa Bleu 11 - 2 (GP) Pending

- 4:40 MARTIN PIPE COND. JOCKEYS' HANDICAP HURDLE 2m 4 1/2f Big Eared Fran 5 - 1 (GP) Pending

- 5:15 GRAND ANNUAL HANDICAP CHASE 2m 1/2f Poquelin 11 - 2 (GP) Pending

My selections for today...

Hasta - what you doing today?

About 15 pints of Guiness on Thursday!

Thursday was great as it was quite quiet and you could get around easily. Friday was a bit too busy as ever but a great atmosphere for the Gold Cup.

Didn't have a winner at all Thursday but had Weapons Amnesty and Oh Crick on Friday.

Still lost quite a bit overall but it's still easily one of the best weeks of the year.

Edited by Hasta

I've backed Big Fella Thanks E/W at 25/1 after it ran last time. However the form of that run was let down several times at Cheltenham last week.

I've also backed Cant Buy Time at 240 on Betfair. Probably won't run but would be interesting if he did.

• 3 weeks later...

I've backed Big Fella Thanks, Can't buy Time and Offshore Account all E/W

Going to back Kilbeggan Blade today.

If you're having a bet each way check which bookies are paying out on fifth place instead of the usual just 4.

National odds

Good luck.

• 2 months later...

Complete stab in the dark today on Rowayton in the 3.10 at york.

It's 65/1 on Betfair and 8/1 just to come in the first 4.

Will probably get hammered but it's a decent long shot.

Edited by Hasta

Don't know a right lot about Saturday and I'm away with work from tomorrow until the weekend so doubt I'll look at it. I know that the excellently named 'J J The Jet Plane' runs in the big race. He's come over from South Africa and is meant to be a beast of a sprinter. Horses from abroad have done very well this week although he wouldn't be the first one to come over with a big reputation and fall short. That's more a tidbit than a tip though!

I've never been to Ascot but the new stand is meant to be spectacular. Have a good day.

• 5 months later...

I had the pleasure of being at Newbury on Saturday to witness one of the great sporting moments.

I've never known a horse be cheered home so loudly from the home turn all the way to the finish line. If Denman and Kauto Star turn up fit and well at Cheltenham it will be the biggest racing clash for decades.

2009 Hennessy Gold Cup

• 3 months later...

As it's Cheltenham week I might as well bump this to the top for the next few days.

My picks at this early stage are:-

Best Odds Against Favourite - Voler La Vedette 7/4 (4.40 Tues)

Other fancies - Sizing Europe 11/2 (2.05 Tues)

- Punchestowns 10/3 (2.40 Wednesday)

Best Each Ways - Daves Dream 14/1 (1.30 Thurs)

- Hey Big Spender 14/1 (4.00 Thurs)

- Drybrook Bedouin 33/1(4.00 Fri)

Went to gold cup yesterday had A thousand Stars in the 2nd 25 to 1 and brother had imperial commander in gold cup

so after 15 pints of guiness, taxi home, dinner 2 bottles of wine still came home with more than I started..cracking day

Went to gold cup yesterday had A thousand Stars in the 2nd 25 to 1 and brother had imperial commander in gold cup

so after 15 pints of guiness, taxi home, dinner 2 bottles of wine still came home with more than I started..cracking day

I was there as well. First time I'd been and can highly recommend the experience as one of the must-see sporting events in country.

we were chatting at work today (not read this thread) and three of us were having a cuppa and the horses got mentioned and none of us could name a current racehorse...how bads that?

Edited by ABBEY

• 3 weeks later...

Barizan is an each way cert in the 2.35 at Liverpool today. (6-1).

It will be prob be 4th now.

Ruby will have 3 fags and a cigar on the way round in the first (Kayf Aramis EW?).

I might be "having a cut" at picking the winner in the race over the National fences as well today.

Mad Max should go close as well after blundering when going well at the festival.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.