Should Rovers agree to Liverpools request to move the game  

166 members have voted

1. 1. Should Rovers agree to Liverpools request to move the game

• Yes - To Easter Sunday
    • Yes - To an evening kick off.
    • No - one change was enough.
    • No
    • Grooby Out.

There appears to be no one at LFC or amongst their support who has got this right. I still have deep memories of that day and visited Anfield on the Monday following but enough is enough. It's time for the fans to move on, recognising the best way to pay tribute to the dead is to play football and hold a minute's silence. I have to say I'm rapidly losing sympathy with the whinging scousers. A great 3.00pm Saturday fixture is in danger of turning into a Monday night farce. Rovers have done their bit with a 5.15pm KO, if the Liverpool fans want to stay ta home with their TVs switched OFF that's fine by me.

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps also the Liverpool fans who want this date changing would consider paying the expenses of the Blackburn fans who would be inconvenienced by a change of date at this stage. I would doubt it though.

F**king pathetic ignorant scoucers.

Why do they think their poxy dusty decorated football club think it has the right to even request at this stage that the match be moved.

Move on you sad barstewards, and that goes for Hillsborough and your ''worlds biggest club'' mantle.

From what I can deduce after trawling through 18 pages of diatribe on the Liverpool fans site last night this is the story so far: (Deep breath)

As a bit of background Liverpool Football Club only apparently recognise the Hillsborough Family Support Group (HFSG). They do not recognise the seemingly more militant Hillsborough Justice Campaign (HJC). The HJC seemingly won't rest until they achieve "justice" although i'm not sure that anyone knows precisely what "justice" is.

The HJC seemingly despise the HFSG seeing them as tame puppets of the Club. Another reason they seemingly despise them is that they originally wouldn't allow survivors of the tragedy into their membership, only families who had lost a loved one. From what I read that has apparently since been changed althogh one poster claimed the HFSG wouldn't even allow membership to families who had seen a loved one commit suicide in the aftermath of the tragedy. The HJC also think that Liverpool Football Club is trying to sweep Hillsborough under the carpet and distance itself from it.

With it so far? Good..................................... (Another deep breath)

Liverpool FC apparently consulted with the HFSG before the start of the season and they seemingly took the pragmatic view that Liverpool would have to play on April the 15 th one day, but requested an away fixture so that the memorial service could be held at Anfield. This was granted.

This wasn't good enough for the HJC or a certain section of fans who don't think Liverpool should EVER play again on that date. Rick Parry the Liverpool Chief Executive appears to be a particular scapegoat in all this and the pressure seems to have been mounting since new year. Hence presumably the initial switch from 3 p.m. to 5.15 p.m. This still obviously wasn't good enough, their one valid point being that it is wholly inappropriate to hold the memorial service at Anfield then have a mad dash to get to Ewood bearing in mind a contributory factor at Hillsborough was fans arriving late.

Hence pressure still seems to have been building on Liverpool the Club and Parry in particular, which is probably the reason for Liverpool's latest about face.

Perhaps also the Liverpool fans who want this date changing would consider paying the expenses of the Blackburn fans who would be inconvenienced by a change of date at this stage.  I would doubt it though.

390882[/snapback]

An example (and I'm not sure how Liverpool could decide on how to compensate).......

I was invited to a wedding reception on 15th about a month ago, just around the time that there was talk of the game being moved. A 1500 ko would mean I'd just about be able to get there, but first indications were that it was likely the game would be moved to the Friday which would have suited me perfectly. But the decision was made for 1715 on Saturday. Choice between wedding reception and game - I declined the reception.

OK, not the end of the world. I would guess there's plenty of other folk made arrangements around a 1715 ko by now - it must be the best part of a month since we were told - with the likes of social arrangements, baby sitters etc. Mr Parry, you had chance to bugger about with this a month ago - stop whinging and trying to ingratiate yourself to the HJC.

They have now very conveniently placed the ball into our court,if we dont agree to move the fixture we will be kicked from pillar to post by the press and made to look like the bad party in this sorry affair....you know whats coming.

F**KING PATHETIC!! mad.gif

I find the infighting between their own supporters vile and disturbing.

It doesn't affect me one way or the other when the fixture is held but I also agree we should turn this latest request down flat.

We've already accomodated Liverpool once already, they were perfectly happy to play on the 15 th when their fixture list was as originally scheduled, now because they're crap and have been knocked out of the Champions League, they want to move it, just to save face with a section of their support.

We should be considering our OWN fans who have made the appropriate travel arrangements.

Edited by RevidgeBlue

I wonder how many would sign that petition if the alternative was to simply forfeit the game? They'd get a far different and better supported petition up then I'd expect.

Moving to 5.30pm is showing respect enough. Playing then or moving to another day will not bring any of the dead back.

btw Are these the same fans that annually remind the mancs of Munich?

btw again....... whilst we are on the subject I do not recall the Mancs ever objecting to playing on the 6th February!

If they change it again it sets a precedent for other scenarios. It should never have got this far, the fixture 'computer' should have had this info programmed in back in June.

Cant blame LFC fans for wanting it changed, but to move it again???FFS

Still, it's probably little woolly back no-fans crap support Rovers who end up looking like the bad guys.

If they change it again it sets a precedent for other scenarios. It should never have got this far, the fixture 'computer' should have had this info programmed in back in June.

390958[/snapback]

Presumably it was.

Liverpool FC apparently consulted with the family support group who recognised the club would eventually have to play at some point on April 15th and requested an away game. This request was granted.

Liverpool themselves were originally content to play on April 15th because it suited their then potential fixture list best.

This was the season's game that i'd chosen to go to. Living in Leicester, although not that far it still takes up the day.

I think Blackburn we're kind enough to move it to a 5.15 kick off, but changing the date seems silly. As awful as the Hillsborough disaster was you have to move on at some point.

I really hope they do not change the date of the game, I have already booked plane tickets and an apartment in Manchester... sad.gif

390967[/snapback]

krislu

If it changes investigate the additional cost to change the flight etc and fax them to Rick Parry at Liverpool FC.

I think it wholly reasonable to wait for the match to be moved once, it could happen for any reason...Sky blahdy blahdy blah. But once it has been confirmed by both clubs moving it again due to LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUBS request. Any change should be compensated by them.

Edited by stuwilky

krislu

If it changes investigate the additional cost to change the flight etc and fax them to Rick Parry at Liverpool FC.

I think it wholly reasonable to wait for the match to be moved once, it could happen for any reason...Sky blahdy blahdy blah. But once it has been confirmed by both clubs moving it again due to LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUBS request.  Any change should be compensated by them.

390969[/snapback]

Eh? Why?

Liverpool can only make the request. It's Rovers who have the final say on whether or not the match is moved now. Nothing to do with Liverpool.

Edited by RevidgeBlue

Eh? Why?

Liverpool can only make the request. It's Rovers who have the final say on whether or not the match is moved now. Nothing to do with Liverpool.

390971[/snapback]

Come on Rev, its already been said here.

Liverpool requested the fixture be moved a month ago, we agreed immeditely to Liverpools request and the details were published.

People acted on that.

Now Rick Parry has changed his mind because he doesnt communicate with his fans effectively, and made a second request.

You arent seriously telling me that Rovers are in fact able to refuse this, we simply cannot win. If we refuse it we will always be the team who refused to honour the dead of Hillsbrough. The press would have a field day.

damn, by the sound of this we will rearange the game once more. Just hope they move it to friday instead, but I guess that wont happen..

We have Birmingham away on the 19th, surely we wont accept moving the match from Saturday to Sunday giving us just two full days rest before the brum game.. huh.gif

Edited by krislu

Come on Rev, its already been said here.

Liverpool requested the fixture be moved a month ago, we agreed immeditely to Liverpools request and the details were published.

People acted on that.

Now Rick Parry has changed his mind because he doesnt communicate with his fans effectively, and made a second request.

You arent seriously telling me that Rovers are in fact able to refuse this, we simply cannot win.  If we refuse it we will always be the team who refused to honour the dead of Hillsbrough.  The press would have a field day.

390972[/snapback]

We've already agreed to move it to 5.15 on April 15th AT LIVERPOOL'S REQUEST once for crying out loud. Did they request the game on another date then when it didn't ideally suit their fixture list? Did they heck?

We may get a bit of bad press in certain quarters from those who don't know the full facts if we fail to move it for a second time, but that doesn't alter the fact that it is Rovers decision and Rovers decision alone whether to move it.

Any compensation claim Krislu and other Rovers fans might have (which technically they probably don't) should lie against Rovers.

We will always be the team that fails to look after the interests of our own fans in preference to those of other teams if we re to carry on like that.

Even more importantly is it in the best interests of Hughes and the Rovers team to move the date of the fixture? If Liverpool themselves weren't prepared to do this if it wasn't in their team's best interests, why the hell should we?

Edited by RevidgeBlue

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.