• Yes - To an evening kick off.
    • No - one change was enough.
    • No
    • Grooby Out.

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On the official site, Lee is complaining that Liverpool FC have no right to make that announcement.

391170[/snapback]

Very interesting that Liverpool have suddenly removed any mention of the rescheduling from their site, but according to their fixture list the match is now on Sunday.

I need to know the following, can one of you whizz kids find it for me please?

Last time we played on Easter Sunday or Christmas Day?

thanks

Confirmed on the Liverpool site.

Nice to see Rovers consulting their fans though.

391162[/snapback]

Exactly Steb - difficult though the situation is, this has gone from Rovers being accommodating to being sheite muslimed on.

SIMPLE ENOUGH - Why don't we Rovers Fans BOYCOTT the game

I need to know the following, can one of you whizz kids find it for me please?

Last time we played on Easter Sunday or Christmas Day?

thanks

391174[/snapback]

99% certain that I was at the last game that rovers played on Christmas day. It was in the 60s, away to Blackpool.

I will be very disapointed if the match has been moved to the sunday.

For a start, I won't be able to attend on the sunday! why should the schedule be tampered with now? We've known the date of the fixture since they were realsed, plus one change of the game has already been made, with it moving to early evening KO on the saturday.

Edited by roversactive

I think its simple really that all th epressure was put on Rovers and they didnt really have any say in the matter.

Parry messed it up. Our club didnt have much choice but to move it. Either way, another 3 pts to rovers i hope!

391176[/snapback]

That was my first thought. Although it's only really harming Hughesey and the team. Other than any potential loss of revenue, the management obviously couldn't care less.

Lads, I'm as sick as a Billy goat here!!

I waited until Sky Sports and the two clubs came to an agreement with the fixture change. If they thought for one moment... oh its the anniversary of Hillsborough and w'll reject this suggestiona dn simply say there is no way we will play on the 15th!!!

I and along with many others fans from various parts of Europe then booked our flights for the game.

NOW

Liverpool Football Club suddenly realise that its the anniversary of Hillsborough? How fecking selfish of the club to put their fixtures before this anniversary... all because they WERE IN EUROPE. Now they're not and think oh... better change the fixture again.

If they really had that the concerns of the supports then they would have changed the fixture to the Sunday or to a different date, even if it gave a lesser time to recoup for their next game (presumably Europe).

Absolutely disgusted and may all the Liverpool fans who dreadfully lost their lives at Hillsborough Rest In Peace. (Isn't your club so thoughtful of you)!

A bit of a ba!!s up if you ask me. Reduced prices for Rovers fans would give them a lift, but most, if not all will have already been bought.

From my perspective I just hope that it is on TV still as I had my saturday lunchtime organized around it.

We'll get short shrift in the media too no doubt.

Does it going out on Sky1 mean its no longer PPV? In which case are the clubs going to compensate the fans out of their increased Sky money?

I hope the Rovers have done a sly deal to move the Chelsea game to the last Wednesday of the season as part of all this. Our game clashes with the FA Cup semi-final.

A bit of a ba!!s up if you ask me. Reduced prices for Rovers fans would give them a lift, but most, if not all will have already been bought.

From my perspective I just hope that it is on TV still as I had my saturday lunchtime organized around it.

We'll get short shrift in the media too no doubt.

391199[/snapback]

It is apparently on Sky Sports 1 speedie.

scouse tossers................spent the last month arguing with ex over seeing my kids over that weekend and her saying i bet its all around the rovers ..me saying no it isnt ...and now ive got start arguing all over again...i know its not as much as the oversears who have forked out but its important to me..

liverpoo say jump and everyone else says how high!!!

so were gonna see fixture changes on every anniversary of any unforseeen deaths ie.bradford,munich,etc....

my dad died new years eve 2000 and it took me til this year to go out but i did it im not being insensitive but ffs its about time the scousers come to terms with what happened ,sad yes it was ...a life of marrtordom .....WHY????????? GET ON WITH IT YOU DONT OWN THE RIGHTS TO ANNIVERSARYS.

will trains stop running on the anniversary of the people who died by the runaway train ?

Edited by ABBEY

Exactly  Steb - difficult though the situation is,  this has gone from Rovers being accommodating to being sheite muslimed on.

391176[/snapback]

You arent going to get your money back from your season ticket for that game though so its no loss to the club. Come renewal time though, people will remember the fixtures being messed around ALL season.

Fact is that Rovers were left with no option but to move the game, but again have communicated things badly to our fans.

Cheered me up a bit    (bigbear, bottom of the page)

391189[/snapback]

Bigbear is spot on, apart from the fact Rovers have had no regard whatsoever for the views of their own support.

We are downright wrong to move this fixture a second time, both in terms of upsetting our own fans and giving us less time to recover before the Birmingham game on the 18th.

We sure as hell had better get a favourable result out of that game now. mad.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.