BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] W-e-m-b-l-e-y- Is Falling Down,

• Backroom
Multiplex have another major building operation going on not far from Heathrow, I was told it is ahead of schedule and under budget!

393293[/snapback]

Yep... They nicked all the materials and labour from the Wembley site ! rolleyes.gif

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Multiplex have another major building operation going on not far from Heathrow, I was told it is ahead of schedule and under budget!

393293[/snapback]

Lets hope it has nothing to do with planes! The whole thing is clear really whether one knows anything about the building industry or not. The FA have proved themselves to be a bunch of incompetents time and again over decades. Mutliplex were desperate to break into the UK market and under bid to buy the business. Thirdly it should never have been built at Wembley and would have been far beter sited in a brown field area in the Midlands.

Put those three factors together and you have a receipe for disaster from the start. I'm quite enjoying the FA's embarrassment showing them in their true light. Other than going to watch Blackburn Rovers in a cup final I'll never go to Wembley so what does it really matter. It's an irrelevance to the average football fan, more entertaining than watching a game in the stadium. The FA have used the whole Wembley re-build as a money-making exercise and to rip-off the average fan. They deserve everything that's coming their way.

The FA have just announced the stadium will not be ready until 2007 blink.gif one year late.

No Robbie Williams

No Bon Jovi

No Charity Shield

No England Internationals

No Rugby League Final

No Rolling Stones

There may be a small scale safety test event at Christmas...........next thing you know these people will be claiming they run English football!!!!!!!!!!!!

I flew into Heathrow a couple of weeks ago and en route you can see the new Wembley and also Ashburton Grove.

Arsenal's looked nearly completed, whereas Wembley looked like it had another year to go.

Seems I had the right idea :|

In fact they are getting fined for every day it is late completing it.

392104[/snapback]

I read somewhere this week that penalty clauses for late completion are capped at a maximum of 14m. So if that's true there's now little incentive to complete by any specific date.

Can't believe a completely new stadium wasn't built in Birmingham personally. Entirely agree with Paul's comments.

This has been one almighty f__k up. The only good thing to come of it is that Bon Jovi are not the first band to play there. Girls Aloud or a newly reformed Faith No More would be my dream ticket, but they're as likely as Tom Cruise coming out the closet and announcing scientology is a load of poo.

unfortunatly you are right

its perfectly normal for you

for some reason, we would get jailed for saying it  ph34r.gif

393044[/snapback]

I must remember that next time someone calls me a Brit!

On the question of what anthem we should use for England games, Land of Hope and Glory, God Save the Queen, Jerusalem etc etc, the FA have now decided that the best chioce would be the theme from Bob The Builder. (Or should that be Bruce?)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
We're going to have something the likes of which has never been seen before

Lord Norman Foster ~ Wembley's chief architect

How very, very true! BBC News

Will heads roll? Of course not. Should heads roll? Absolutely. Every fan in the country will end up paying for this ridiculous delay. The entire FA board, council or whatever should resign.

What about the contractors ?

Multiplex have proved to be incompetant.

Quite agree jim, but ultimately the FA selected Multiplex because they were the only company prepared to build it for the price. Sound business decision?

Face it, The FA Cup Final is better off staying in Cardiff. Everyone loves it with all pubs and transportation close by and at least you guaranteed a stadium which stays up.

Although the only thing which you lot have to worry about is us Welsh and our Sheep Shagging ways!!!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.