BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Sunderland 0-1 Rovers

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tickets sold for Sunderland; a grand total of: 898.

392838[/snapback]

Just bought 2 more so thats 900. Absolutely disgraceful for a team challenging for champions league football but we've done the reasons to death.

I still think we'll take 2,000. I checked with ticket office few days ago they said tickets available on the day. Theres few of us going and some are gettin their tickets up there. I think quite a few rovers fans will go up at last minute. I remember huddersfield away few years back. We sold about 1000 tickets before the match but ended up taking about 4000.

If we more than a grand, I reckon thats actually not a bad effort. Around a twelfe of our ST holders going away to low key fixture against the worst ever Premiership side.

Need confirmation of pay on the day at Sunnerlun to avoid a wasted journey, anyone?

Need confirmation of pay on the day at Sunnerlun to avoid a wasted journey, anyone?

392886[/snapback]

Definitely on sale at Sunderland on the day according to Rovers official site. We've got an allocation of 2100.

Two words spring to mind for this one, West and Brom. Will Kevin Ball suit up in another attempt to cripple one of our stars. Will there be extra motivation for them due to the ties?

Bellamy must play, resting him is ludicrous. He is in full stride right now a rest may do more harm than good. I'd start him for sure if we get a comfy lead then pull him later.

Bellamy must play, resting him is ludicrous. He is in full stride right now a rest may do more harm than good. I'd start him for sure if we get a comfy lead then pull him later.

392925[/snapback]

he might only need to play for the first 20 minutes. laugh.gif

i expect him to fill his boots.

forget rovers away day blues (& i've been to most of them), i cant see anything other than a rovers win.

sunderland are the worst prem team i've ever seen (that includes swindon and kidd's rovers team), its just a question of the margin of victory.

sunderland 0-6 rovers (bellamy, 5, 17, 20) (pongolle 54) (admiral nelson 71) (reid 89)

Edited by pleasure

The NobEnd Lawro has gone for a draw!!

I think Sunderland may get a real thrashing - 5-1, Stead for them and I do not care who for us.

Looking forward to a grand day out on Wearside.

Although Sunderland haven't won at home this season they don't actually ship too many goals. Played 15 conceded 28. So the 0-7 hopefuls may be on the happy pills.

They are still utterly rubbish though. Let's hope we're not the team that they manage to nick 3 points from.

Think Bellers will get a load of stick for his newcastle links. If I recall he also celebrated in fron of their fans when he scored at Ewood. Think winding him up will be a huge mistake fr the Mackems. Expect him to score the winner in a close game.

I never do score predictions. Expect it to be closer than some are thinking.

i think the first goal is vital tomorrow. if we score first then their heads will drop, the crowd will be on the players backs and we could give them a real pasting.

if they score first, it could be hard to break them down, confidence will grow and it will be like a cup game with them trying to get their first 3 points at home.

we are much to supreme for the mackems though and whoever scores first im sure the rovers will dominate the game and bring back the bacon and the 3 points of course. smile.gif

according to the official website, andy todd will pushing to be back in the side after missing the m'boro win with a dead leg and there is a place in the squad for tony kane from the youth setup who has been given the number 34 shirt.

savage is susspended and will hopefully will be replaced by tugay!!!

it looks as though hughes has warned the players about banana skins and nelson thinks its the toughest out of the 8 games remaining.

should be well up for it then smile.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.