BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers 1 Wigan 1

Excellent preview, Colin.

I'm glad to see you spelled correctly the names of Gally and Mr "Chumley" Warner.

I enjoyed the history of the latics and the town.

Did Dave Whelan only make 87 appearances for us? I know he broke his leg but I thought he would have played more games.

The thought of this game gives me the collywobbles. The victory at New Year there was too easy considering their form throughout the season so far.

This is the big banana skin that Rovers MUST avoid. Sparky has to wind up the lads and make them believe they are playing Arsenal again. Wigan are snapping at our heels.

If we have the right mentality we might just win 3-2.

If not , we get beat 2-1.

Fingers crossed.

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure they'd like to get back at us, after we thrashed them 3-1 earlier in the season.

Also, just to confirm, the game is on Sky Sports?

393973[/snapback]

It is on Sky.

did I miss a Wigan goal on NYE?

Blame Scotty.

Excellent preview Colin. Just one slight criticism; you forgot to tell us how far all the beans in the tins would stretch if laid end to end.

OK, I know. You were leaving that one for me to work out! rolleyes.gif

393759[/snapback]

The average distance from the earth to the Moon is 385,000 km. It varies slightly

nasa

There are 1000 metres in a kilometre so that's 3,850,000,000 metres (1000 metres to a kilometre)

or 385,000,000,000 centimetres (100 centimetres to a metre)

Now your average baked bean can is 11cm tall, so that's 35,000,000,000 (or 35 billion) tins to reach to the moon

Heinz turn out 1.34 billion tins a year so that's enough to stretch about 4.4 % of the way to the moon. A mere 147,400 km. But enough to go over three times around the Equator. Wow! Isn't that amazing?

Excellent write up Colin, obviously constructed during the day when you aren't medicated, eh?

Thanks AS, just about to go and get some more.

And seriously. Thanks for the compliments. It makes it worthwhile. *blushes* in a demure kind of way rolleyes.gif

ha. wow. pretty amazing stuff colin. hats off to ya laugh.gif

anyways.. wasnt the previous meetin 3-0? cant believe how easily we beat them at the jjb. so i see no reason y we'll drop 3points at ewood. gut feelin, rovers 2-1. another mus win especially since spurs won early tis morning singapore time.

Now your average baked bean can is 11cm tall, so that's 35,000,000,000 (or 35 billion) tins to reach to the moon

Heinz turn out 1.34 billion tins a year so that's enough to stretch about 4.4 % of the way to the moon. A mere 147,400 km. But enough to go over three times around the Equator. Wow! Isn't that amazing?

Thanks AS, just about to go and get some more.

394023[/snapback]

Very good, but he didn't ask about the tins tongue.gif

....how far all the beans in the tins would stretch if laid end to end

For this you need to know

a. how many beans on average in each tin

b. the length of one bean (avg)

smile.gif

Very important game (as they all are when the table is so close), and will be very scrappy I'm guessing. I am optimistic, especially this time of year when the weather is starting to improve. Rovers 2 Wigan 0

I can see most of the weekends results heading in our favour but then letting the pie eaters get within 3 points of us by losing 2-1. Then again, thats the sort of thing I've come to expect after the last 4 seasons at home, this team appear to be able to prove most of us wrong.

Very good, but he didn't ask about the tins tongue.gif

For this you need to know

a. how many beans on average in each tin

b. the length of one bean (avg)

smile.gif

394230[/snapback]

Very funny, you do it

Cheers

Colin

I looking in my crystal ball (err actually more piny and wrinkly) foresee a goal glut!!!

each side down to 7 men from the kick off! (The ref forgets his place and tries to kick off him self, when tackled by players from both teams he throws his dummy and sends 9 off in one (including one of the linesmen)! did anyone see the Chelsea/Man City match last weekend? OMG!)

12(5)-6(6) rovers!!!

ROVERS

Bellamy 11, 24, 44, 57, 87

Reid 32, 76

Todd 63

Freidel 37, 78, 90+3

WIGAN

Thompson 1, 5, 15

Bulloch, 31

Emerton 19 (OG)

laugh.gif Well it would be "Entertaining!"

Would be happy with 1-0 and 3 points in the bag!

I think Savage is back for this game.

It will be interesting to see what he does in midfield - obvious option is to drop Emerton and put Reid on the right. However, Reid has looked good from the centre of late...

Here is another Cheeky man:

Lawro

Blackburn v Wigan

(2000 BST)

Like West Ham, Wigan are good at coming out firing when they've had a bad scoreline, and I think they can do so again at Blackburn.

The Latics seem to play better on the road than they do at home and I think they might surprise Blackburn.

Ewood Park is a difficult place for visiting teams, but this is a bit of derby match and it could be close.

Match preview

Prediction: 1-2

Just when I thought he was starting to like us, he goes and predicts a draw against Sunderland and now a loss at home to Wigan

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.