SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers 1 Wigan 1

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How many tickets have we given to Wigan for this match

i don't think it's going to be a good attendance with the match being on Sky i reckon it will be under 20000

394822[/snapback]

Wigan were given all of the Darwen End.

The talk here suggests they've sold just 1000.

Expect an attendance around the 20,000 mark

394853[/snapback]

not good for a local derby is it. Maybe we should let the fans in for lesser price for the final remaining home matches to help us fill the ground and generate a proper atmosphere to help steer the lads to europe.

I've given up on the attendance front,its no use, the interest is simply not there anymore.

Why the hell our club gave Wigan the whole Darwen end is beyond me when they haven't had a decent away following all season?

394864[/snapback]

i bet the police have told the club to do this

I've given up on the attendance front,its no use, the interest is simply not there anymore.

Why the hell our club gave Wigan the whole Darwen end is beyond me when they haven't had a decent away following all season?

394864[/snapback]

Probably because we sold out their away end and expected them to do the same.

I agree though, the attendance figures are now beyond a joke - 20k for a Premiership team is disgraceful, especially one currently sitting in 5th. It's tough to blame the club though, there's little more they can feasibly do sad.gif

I hope that we win and I think that we will.

Has for the gates for some fans its down to budgets. the Club as one and one wants to see it live outside its means and do a Leeds. Likewise fans have budgets and we do not want to live outside our means.

Edited by des

Jesus wept. Thats really shocking. I thought we were bad. sad.gif

394873[/snapback]

Not as bad as the pathetic 200 bolton took to boro last week laugh.gif

Edited by ribblesdale

Wigan will bring more fans than 1400, even if the game is a Sky game. It's a big game for them as well as us, They need the points to keep their season going, they believe that they are still in the Uefa Cup race which mathematically is true.

Lawrenson's predictions this week are pretty run of the mill. As soon as he gets to us all logic goes out the window. We're higher than Wigan in the table, we beat them last time out and we haven't lost a home game in God knows how long; yet he predicts that they'll beat us. What an idiot.

Edited by Rovermatt

Any official news on the tickets they have sold??

Lawro has predicted us to lose - so i predict us to win. 3-1

395103[/snapback]

I've already put those details on this thread yesterday.

Lawrenson's predictions this week are pretty run of the mill. As soon as he gets to us all logic goes out the window. We're higher than Wigan in the table, we beat them last time out and we haven't lost a home game in God knows how long; yet he predicts that they'll beat us. What an idiot.

395116[/snapback]

His prediction isn't without basis - Wigan have one of the best away records in the Premiership. Yes our home record is also excellent - but the pace of Camara and Roberts could well come to haunt us. My big fear is a Newcasle type match - where we are far superior but keep getting caught on the break. Lets hope I am wrong - I am sure Sparky will have done his homework.

394853[/snapback]

i have a clan of 3 extras coming with me

2 have been before this season, one of them it is there first game

interestingly my mate who a s/t with me last season, has not been to a game since the last home game of last season ohmy.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.