BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers 1 Wigan 1

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just bought a ticket online and it said it would be posted to my home adress, surely thats a mistake cant i pick it up at the match

396030[/snapback]

it also says that tickets bought within 48 hours of the match have to be collected!

tonight and saturday are must win. if we can get 6 out of 6 and if arsenal lose to man u, we are firmly in the driving seat for 4th.

easy win tonight....... rovers goals aquate to my pre- match beers, tough day....

rovers 4-1 wigan

reid 15, 25, roberts 33

pongolle, 57

bellamy, 65

given wigan's good away form, get the feeling its gonna be a nerve-racking game. i cant wait for the game to start.

396048[/snapback]

just FYI, we're on for the next 2 weeks as well. portsmouth and liverpool games both on espn. that'd be 4 consecutive games that we're on tv here. rarity isnt it? times are good.

This is a monster game - at least until we play Portsmouth  biggrin.gif

Realistically - if we win this game it takes Wigan out of the UEFA equation (unless ours and Bolton's form slumps dramatically it will be too much for them to make up).

However - this is a far more difficult match than people are assuming. We have left ourselves open at the back against (so called) lesser teams at home. We have to treat Wigan with the respect that there forward line deserves - and be patient. I expect to see Robbie and Pongo back in the starting line up - with Reid being moved to the right. On paper we have a far better team - but Camara and Roberts could punish us on the break. As always the first goal will be so important.

395879[/snapback]

Totally agree. This isn't as clear cut as it seems - Wigan have some good forwards and we'll need to be on top of our game to keep them quite. Rovers are more than capable of winning but Wigan are capable of spoiling the party. Don't really rate Pongolle but I reckon Hughes will start with him as his pace could be a bit much for De Zuew & Henchoz.

Not seen us loose yet this season - reckon it'll continue with a 2-1 win to the rovers Bellamy & MGP.

just FYI, we're on for the next 2 weeks as well. portsmouth and liverpool games both on espn. that'd be 4 consecutive games that we're on tv here. rarity isnt it? times are good.

396049[/snapback]

wow.. espn must really like us now-a-days. that's pretty amazing and glad to hear it. times are really good man.

Got a similar feeling in the pit of my stomach about this one as I did about Sunderland away. Hopefully I'll be just as wrong in suspecting that we'll slip up!

396064[/snapback]

Agree with you there T4E. I have a feeling though that we'll have the same feeling before all of our remaining games. So much to play for and so much to be lost if we don't get the results we need, made all the worse by the fact that they are very much achievable. I'm looking forward to the Liverpool and Chelsea games because at least in those matches the pressure will be off to a certain extent. I just really hope we don't let ourselves down tonight.

This is a monster game - at least until we play Portsmouth  biggrin.gif

Realistically - if we win this game it takes Wigan out of the UEFA equation

395879[/snapback]

It would also take Bolton out in all probability.

(Not that I want to pile the pressure on or anything ph34r.gif )

It would also take Bolton out in all probability.

(Not that I want to pile the pressure on or anything  ph34r.gif )

396071[/snapback]

Not sure about that Revidge Blue. True, they will now be 7 points behind but they would still have two games in hand. It would put us firmly in the driving seat ahead of them but I still wouldn't be a brave enough man to totally rule them out, even if they do have a difficult run-in.

Hope I am wrong but I think we are in for one hell of a game tonight. Jewell will get his players fired up and remind them of us beating them on New Years Eve.

I am just in my pessimistic pre-match mode but tonight is massive and 3 points would be too good to be true.

I just feel we give other teams chances these days and a clinical striker force could see us conceding a few.

I"m chained to my desk this afternoon & it'll cause me to miss even the televised match on FOX. Does anyone have a decent radio link to catch this?

Just because I have to be here, doesn't mean I have to pay attention, does it ?

Much obliged guys--

C'mon Rovers, Get into em ! tinykit.gif

Edited by blue/white

ROVERS: Friedel, Neill, Khizanishvili, Nelsen ©, Gray, Bentley, Reid, Savage, Pedersen, Bellamy, Dickov.

Subs: Enckelman, Kuqi, Mokoena, Tugay, Sinama-Pongolle.

WIGAN: Filan, Chimbonda, Johansson, McCullock, Kavanagh, De Zeeuw ©, Scharner, Teale, Bullard, Baines, Roberts.

Subs: Pollitt, Jackson, Connolly, Ziegler, Thompson.

We should win this one, COME ON ROVERS! tinykit.gif

ROVERS: Friedel, Neill, Khizanishvili, Nelsen ©, Gray, Bentley, Reid, Savage, Pedersen, Bellamy, Dickov.

Subs: Enckelman, Kuqi, Mokoena, Tugay, Sinama-Pongolle.

WIGAN: Filan, Chimbonda, Johansson, McCullock, Kavanagh, De Zeeuw ©, Scharner, Teale, Bullard, Baines, Roberts.

Subs: Pollitt, Jackson, Connolly, Ziegler, Thompson.

We should win this one, COME ON ROVERS! tinykit.gif

396108[/snapback]

Hmmm...... Is Bentley playing right or in the centre in this? I guess out right after his poor performance against Villa. Anyone know?

Hmmm...... Is Bentley playing right or in the centre in this? I guess out right after his poor performance against Villa. Anyone know?

396109[/snapback]

Should be wide right, would be crazy to put him in the centre with Reid and Savage playing really well lately..

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.