BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Freaking Ipod!

I have just changed my iPod battery out for a new one and it still doesn't hold a charge for lonmger then 20 minutes. mad.gif

Anyone else had this problem or works at Apple or knows who I need to stalk to get this fixed? mad.gif

Are you charging your ipod off the computer or off mains. I find if you charge off USB or firewire the charge is pretty poor. If you charge off a docking station or mains it's much better.

If that does'nt help try the help dropdown on itunes it's pretty good. Good Luck.

Maybe you bought a dud battery. Although if two successive batteries are only lasting 20 minutes each, there could be something else wrong.

I swapped mine when my original battery started dying in under 90 minutes - it's never been as bad as 20 mins.

Given my experience of getting Apple products repaired in the past (£380 to get one poxy part replaced on a 1-month-past-warranty iMac) you'll probably find it cheaper to buy a complete new one rather than get the motherboard changed.

I am charging from mains supply, there has been no change at all after changing out batteries.

I have tried resetting and restoring the iPod, running it down and recharging fully, hacked to get rid of the powerbar and replace with a meter. It just keeps chewing the juice. 30 gig iPod and I can't get 20 minutes to update on the computer!!

Does anyone know if there is a helpdesk email or something?

I have been through six ipods over the last twelve month but Dixons have bee great with me returning it everytime without any problems.

Apple are a bloody joke!!!

That's a bold statement based on the article! Looks a bit like 6 and two 3's to me. More to the point, I'm not sure Apple Corps has a case and strongly suspect that none of John, Paul, George or Ringo or their dependents are lacking for shoe leather without seeking solace through the courts.

As for iPods, when demand exceeds supply, standards slip as volume production increases - I'd take the battery back every time until the bad batch they obviously have has been cleared out.

My friend has an ipod and a story he told me was very impressive in regards to Apple's customer services. There was some sort of problem with the battery, which i hear is quite common. They told my friend to send off his ipod and that he would be given a new one. Somewhat reulctantly, he sent it off and within 3 days he weas sent a brand new one. That might not sound that impressive if it were a new ipod, but this was after about 5 months of usage!

Pretty impressive I say!

My friend has an ipod and a story he told me was very impressive in regards to Apple's customer services.  There was some sort of problem with the battery, which i hear is quite common.  They told my friend to send off his ipod and that he would be given a new one.  Somewhat reulctantly, he sent it off and within 3 days he weas sent a brand new one.  That might not sound that impressive if it were a new ipod, but this was after about 5 months of usage!

Pretty impressive I say!

394667[/snapback]

No more than they would legally be required to do though.

Sale of Goods Act is worth knowing!

How old is it? 5G, 4G? I know a few people whove Linuxed their 4G's and the battery went right down the pan. Also, if I keep anything but music on my Nano (ie, use as a portable HDD) it MASSIVELY reduces battery time. Still, not to 20 mins.

Found something out, when I listen to the music it keeps it's battery, when I hook it up to USB to download it uses battery very quickly.

I knew USB used quite a bit of power ut sheesh. Hopefully this fixes my problem.

Found something out, when I listen to the music it keeps it's battery, when I hook it up to USB to download it uses battery very quickly.

I knew USB used quite a bit of power ut sheesh.  Hopefully this fixes my problem.

395871[/snapback]

Well, that shouldn't happen. It's supposed to charge when you plug it in a powered USB port. I tried it with mine, and it charges when plugged in to the computer but drains like yours when it's plugged into an Xbox. Weird.

I knew USB used quite a bit of power ut sheesh.  Hopefully this fixes my problem.

395871[/snapback]

USB shouldnt use any of your IPod battery its supposed to charge your ipod. What USB have you got? 2 or 1.

Might make a difference

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.