• Martin O'Neill
    • Alan Curbishley
    • Kevin Keegan
    • Luiz Felipe 'Big Phil' Scolari
    • Fabio Capello
    • Lee Grooby
    • Someone else

This poll is closed to new votes

if I was the FA I would ask our manager to do it.  He managed wales for five years and the work he has done at rovers is very very good.

thank goodnenss for rovers that his name is not on there wish list smile.gif

403112[/snapback]

Are you sure about that? ohmy.gif

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not saying the FA aren't a bunch of clowns or anything, but, honestly, I doubt any of the top PL managers would be interested in managing England.

The salary isn't much higher, the personal intrusion far more intense, and there is a lack of the national impulse of pride.

Why exactly would Wenger, Ferguson, Benitez or Mourinho want to manage England? I cannot see a single reason except for the large amounts of holidays to be honest.

Jol is the highest league placed manager who could be tempted IMHO (mainly due to the salary. Really what else is the attraction?). And guess who would be the next after him...

403767[/snapback]

Are his initials MH? rolleyes.gif

Are his initials MH? rolleyes.gif

403972[/snapback]

Sssssshhhhh! be quiet.

We don't want the FA realising that the best choice for the job is in fact nowhere near Ewood Park at all, by no stretch of the imagination, and is probably not Welsh either.

Keep quiet & that Brian Barwick chap will leave us alone.

Mum's the word.

Exactly Colin, Sparky is so obviously the best man for the job I was just hoping Boro would win at OT yesterday with a bit of tactical wizzardry. Unfortunately, those words and Steve MacLaren are rarely to be found in the same sentence.

MacLaren as number 1 with Peter Taylor as number 2 is enough to make any Englishman wish he was born a Scot.

Exactly Colin, Sparky is so obviously the best man for the job I was just hoping Boro would win at OT yesterday with a bit of tactical wizzardry.

You don't half go over the top sometimes Phil. Hughesy "so obviously the best man for the job"? Better than Wenger, Ferguson, Mourinho, Allardyce, Scolari, Capello etc etc?

Edited by FourLaneBlue

I am writing in the present- as you know Scollari and Capello are ruled out. So too are Wenger, Ferguson and Mourinho by way of an unwritten/unspoken agreement between the FA and those clubs.

Obviously you see Sam as a better manager than Hughes. I beg to differ.

I had been a big supporter of Hiddink, then Scolari. Now so many prime candidates are rulled out, Hughes is so obviously the best man for the job but thankfully for Rovers'sake its going to be MacLaren/Taylor.

Allardyce is English so that obviously means he is likely to be mentioned. Besides, he is an excellent manager and has worked wonders at Bolton.

Hughes' lacklustre end to a once-promising stint as Wales boss will also most likely count against him.

As for "Obviously you see Sam as a better manager than Hughes"...there is nothing obvious about it at all. Where did I say that? Try not to put words in my mouth please.

Hughes has done very well for eighteen months with us but that doesn't mean he should suddenly be seen as "obviously the best man for the job".

I'd go for a Allardyce/Pearce setup if we are going down the English route. There are many, many possibilities still left to explore if we go down the non-English path.

Well since foreigners are apparently devious, suspicious types that are probably closet Bolshiviks and part of an international Jewish conspiricy to screw up the England team rolleyes.gif , my English choice would be Fat Sam.

Unfortunately, since the FA are incompentent twits, they choose Steve McClaren, a man who can rival Woy Hodgson for spending big money on old duffers and over rated players. What has he won ?. Where are Boro in the table ?. He is a very average manager.

Might have well saved us the boredom of mediocrity and gone for someone who is properly crap like Peter Reid, Mick McCarthy, Stan Ternant or John Still.

I'm still un-decided on who I want.

Looks to be a toss of a coin between McClaren and Big Sam.

Big Sam seems to be wanting more, from what he has said after the Spurs game.

But McClaren looked a bit smug when he was asked a few questions after tonight's game.

403969[/snapback]

bet he still cant believe his luck. i know i cant! ohmy.gif

i dont like notlob but i do think that sam would be great for england. He has great tactical awarness and where sevn puts his best players into one system , sam would find the best formation that works even if it doesnt have all of our best players in it. He would also stand up against any big player if he had to drop them.

We would never have the brazil situation again when sven froze, tactics during a game at international level is sooo high because of the higher class of players in every team.

• 8 months later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.