SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Contract For Lucas?

den

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Warnock is highly rated by the Liverpool fans I know, and having seen him play a few times and would be very happy with a couple of million and him for Neill.

Think about, we have several options for the right back spot within the current senior squad, Emerton, Ooijer, Zurab and Steven Reid at a push.

Our left back situation gives us two options Gray and Matteo(although I don't really want to bring him in to the equation, he is still part of the squad), oh and at a push Jay McEverly

An extra option at left back would pretty much give us two decent players for every position.

Sound business in my opinion.

Warnock played a lot of premiership games in the first half of last season, but was then relegated to the bench as Kewell found some form and Risse was moved to left back. I think Traore was used more in the Champions League as he was more defensive than Warnock, who likes to go forward a fair bit.

In theory, he would be ideal in a part exchange for Neill, as we do have other options at right back... but.. I am concerned about just how much we may miss Neill, and whether Warnock will just turn out to be like a couple of other "promising" left backs we signed from Liverpool

Pretty sure I've just overheard on Sky Sports News that he's going to sign a new deal with us???

Anyone else hear it or am I having a mad one?

I just heard something too, but only caught the very end of it.

i can't find anything at all to do with that clarey. would be totally nice though if he does sign a new contract and at the reported 40,000 per week we should be able to afford that easily.

Do a newsnow search. As SFW says he hasn't signed anything yet - we are just offering improved terms.

Doubt he will sign it knowing that if he sits tight he will be a Liverpool player soon enough, with a nice signing-on fee and good wages too.

It'll be nice to proved wrong though...

Not necessarily. Perhaps Liverpool saw him as available and a quick fix for their injury woes. Nothing to suggest they'll be back in again for him in January when their current defensive problems should be resolved and they might have their sights on someone else who has become available.

Clearly Hughes rates him a much better player than some of us on here.

His performances so far this term have hardly covered him in glory especially getting sent off at Pompey which was amateurish to say the least, so a new deal is surprising........

Neill holds all the aces though and i doubt he'll sign the new deal with Liverpools interest on going.

Not necessarily. Perhaps Liverpool saw him as available and a quick fix for their injury woes. Nothing to suggest they'll be back in again for him in January when their current defensive problems should be resolved and they might have their sights on someone else who has become available.

Whether Liverpool come back in for him or not, I still think he's likely to wait and see what offers come his way in January. Besides, I think his agent has already said he wants to move on.

Edited by FourLaneBlue

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.