BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Contract For Lucas?

den

I'd hate to see Emerton bumped from the RB spot. His play there is what Rovers bought him for and he's always showed his class at RB with the Aussie's (albeit against inferior opponent's mostly). I hope the RightWing experiment can be put to bed finally.

As for Lucas, maybe he'll be used to spell everyone along the back-line?

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this best not be a wind up, i'd be well happy if this is true???

I would be very happy if he signs also, but only for the reason that we can perhaps make more money from him leaving. Sorry but Neill has shown his hand, if he signs we all know why, it'd be best we cash in on that also. Perhaps Hughes can pesuade him to sign with that in mind, loyalty to the club that put him on the football map and all that.

Why on earth would Judas Neill sign an extended contract knowing Liverpool are waiting for him at the end of the season?

Because he would probably go the way of Jan Kromkamp and Josemi, two players who played regularly for their clubs before leaving for Liverpool and were unable to get a game and have now moved on. Neill isn't going to displace Steve Finnan who is a far better right back, or is he going to break up the Hypia and Carragher partnership. Yeah he'll be going to a club on the up, but he'll never play.

Why on earth would Judas Neill sign an extended contract knowing Liverpool are waiting for him at the end of the season?

Why on earth do you call Lucas for Judas? He's been with us for 5 years, he has always been loyal to us, and have never issued any transfer requests/refusing to play as a lot of other players do these days. I can fully understand that Neill want a new challenge to improve as a player. He is one of the best right back in the premiership, he wants to play Champions League and lets face it; Rovers won't be, if we even will qualify again, a regular team in CL.

Don't call him Judas just because he wants to play for a top 4 club..

get real folks!

Because he would probably go the way of Jan Kromkamp and Josemi, two players who played regularly for their clubs before leaving for Liverpool and were unable to get a game and have now moved on. Neill isn't going to displace Steve Finnan who is a far better right back, or is he going to break up the Hypia and Carragher partnership. Yeah he'll be going to a club on the up, but he'll never play.

Neill's a much better player than Finnan imo. I think he'd easily be a regular at Liverpool.

I wouldn't expect you to agree though as Finnan is Irish.

Why on earth do you call Lucas for Judas?

Don't call him Judas just because he wants to play for a top 4 club..

Well, the J is practically next to the L and the D is sitting right there next to the C. Easy to make that mistake with a mischievious little finger.

I agree that JLucas Neill isn't as bad as to threaten to score an own goal if he didn't get his own way.

Neill's a much better player than Finnan imo. I think he'd easily be a regular at Liverpool.

I wouldn't expect you to agree though as Finnan is Irish.

You are right, I don't agree with you, but not because he's Irish. I just think he's a better player, like you think Lucas is a better player.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.