BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Most Annoying Football Pundit

I just hate all of ITV, their sports coverage is poor, very poor, the commentators are sh!te.

Who gives David Pleat a job as a colour commentator?

As for Andy Gray i do not mind him, he can be quite interesting sometimes and i don't mind Alan Parry (Please don't mistake him for Mike 'Porky' Parry lol) i think those two together are a better combination than Gray & Tyler.

Oooh and John Barnes on FIVE is a disgrace, who gave him a job? He has about as much charisma as my little finger, a boring bloke, he is very wooden. Barnes=great player-crap pundit

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Welsby has become something of the forgotton man of television sports coverage, although he has recently been seen presenting Crown Green Bowls for Sky Sports.

He is currently also touring the country with Ricky Tomlinson in the theatre tour, An Evening with Ricky Tomlinson, where he interviews Tomlinson in- character as Jim Royle"

Thanks to Wikipedia

394512[/snapback]

How the mighty have fallen.

Andy Gray is one of the best and has also stuck up for Rovers when need be. Amazed to hear people don't rate him, similarly Martin Tyler. Charlie Nicholas is another who knows his stuff.

Steve Claridge is one of the least informed of the pundits. Seems to have a dislike for us as well, almost as bad as Rodney Marsh was in that respect. Lawro is an idiot but we kind of expect that by now, along with his atrocious jokes and Lineker's dodgy puns.' I'll go for Phil Thompson however as the biggest twerp on the telly. As for commentators...Jonathon Pearce's style just seems to be to talk up every incident as if it is of global importance rather than just a throw-in to West Ham or a goal-kick to Bolton. Just doesn't work on the TV, unlike the radio as I used to like him when he just commentated on games for Capital Gold in the London area.

394453[/snapback]

I agree with that, most of all with your assessment of Andy Gray and Charlie Nicholas.

I agree with that, most of all with your assessment of Andy Gray and Charlie Nicholas.

394527[/snapback]

You can add Gab Marcotti to your list of pundits who know their stuff (apart from the time i met him and he told me Robbie Savage would be joining Everton wink.gif )

Edited by greggyk

The usual suspects really.

Lawrenson, Alan Smith, Davie Provan and the ITV lot.

Not really looking forward to the commentary from the World Cup sad.gif

394542[/snapback]

Well, nothing can be worse than ITV having Gazza as a pundit in the last World Cup!!

Although, it was pretty funny! laugh.gif

Rodney Marsh. A complete tool, he is utterly unaware of how others regard him.

Lawrenson knows his football (apart from Rovers) but he is an insufferable fool. He takes him self more seriously every week. His general demeanour is one of indifference, smugness and self-satisfaction. W@nker.

Alan Smith was a good player. But he is a truly shocking pundit. One of hs main problems is that nobody can understand a word he's saying. He could be spouting Shakespeare in his brummie accent and he'd still sound like a retard.

Ian Wright doesn't even count.

Edited by Rovermatt

Well, nothing can be worse than ITV having Gazza as a pundit in the last World Cup!!

394550[/snapback]

My memories from Gazza'a brief sojourn at the lat World Cup:

'Terri Sheridham'-Teddy Sheringham?

'Terencegay'-Trezeguet?

'Ah thin e bottled it me'-I think he lost his nerve?

Soon after he was off-out and about the UK, paddling in the fountain outside Buckingham Palace and so on. withstupid.gif

Edited by Rovermatt

"Elton Welsby your a *anker, your a *anker, Elton Welsby . . . ....."

classic chant, heard many a time on Granada tea time sports coverage. Foret goal celebrations its..."Elton Welsby your a *anker, your a *anker, Elton Welsby . . . ....."

My memories from Gazza'a brief sojourn at the lat World Cup:

'Terri Sheridham'-Teddy Sheringham?

'Terencegay'-Trezeguet?

'Ah thin e bottled it me'-I think he lost his nerve?

Soon after he was off-out and about the UK, paddling in the fountain outside Buckingham Palace and so on. withstupid.gif

394562[/snapback]

You missed out the time he tried to include Nicolass Alexandersonn in one of his 'sentences'.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.